Sacred 2 US Voice Actors

What do you think about linking the names on the credit page to their pages in the wiki if they have been manifested as avatar?

This would be an excellent way of making the credits list meaningful and add some delight to the page regarding the game content from Sacred 2

:)

gogo

btw...

I don't know if it is mentioned at the wiki (cannot go there at work...)

Shadow Warrior: also German voice of Russel Crowe (Gladiator) - fits

temple guaridan: also Commander Data from Star Trek - extremely fits

inquisitor_ also Leutenant Worf from Star Trek - ok

dryad: also the voice of Jodie Foster - extremely funny to think she really speaks to you :D

for high elf and seraphim I don't remember the other roles. wasn't one of them the German voice of Homer Simpson?

• Like! 1

I read some easteregg stories about (german) sacred2. So I knew that the voice of the shadow warrior in the german version is the same as from Maximus in the gladiator (synchronizing speaker). Which fits well in my opinion.

But then our 7 year old musical genius watched us playing and suddenly said, funny this sounds like Diego. I was looking up and Diego, the sable tooth tiger from Ice Age is the same speaker.

She is just 7 so she didn't knew older movies or movies way above her age. But we tried some more tests:

The dryad:

It is the speaker for Jodie Foster. My daughter was right there. Even she didn't knew Jodie Foster as an actor. For her Foster was this crazy woman in 'Nim's Island' who fears animals and nature. I don't know which other movies the speaker synchronized and if ascaron did choose the speaker for the dryad in a ironic way, movie and sacred2 are both 2008, but I think it is funny, a dryad who hates natures wink.gif

The high elf:

That's Bart she said. Looking up it is the speaker of Bart Simpson, in the movie, series and computer game. I looked up her movie synchronizations and closest to high elf would be Jovovich in the 1999 'Johanna of Orleans'.

The seraphim:

She didn't know, but it is the speaker of Sarah Michelle Geller. Chosen because of Buffy ?

Inquisitor:

She said that is Freddie Faulig (Robbie Rotten) from the Lazy Town TV series for kids.

Are there funny speaker/class combinations in other languages too?

• Like! 1

the dryad has got two sentences while idling, that are spoken in a special german slang (some kind that people using, which has got a migration backround...no offense). I remember when it happens the first time to me I was really rolling on the floor laughing! :D having Jodies face in mind speaking these sentences were great moments (I was searching my chest for something and didn't expect it).

Thomas Fritsch, the german voice of the shadow warrior is a well known speaker and actor. I would say this was the "king deal" for the voices at Sacred 2. ;)

• Like! 1

the dryad has got two sentences while idling, that are spoken in a special german slang (some kind that people using, which has got a migration backround...no offense). I remember when it happens the first time to me I was really rolling on the floor laughing! :D having Jodies face in mind speaking these sentences were great moments (I was searching my chest for something and didn't expect it).

Thomas Fritsch, the german voice of the shadow warrior is a well known speaker and actor. I would say this was the "king deal" for the voices at Sacred 2. ;)

Dorimil, this is tender and good insight we're getting into the game. It just adds more to this little treasure called Sacred 2, specially the reflections of a German player

:)

gogo

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I apologise (a bit) if it's incredibly bad form to necro this topic after so many years but I just wanted to say thanks to PowerPyxel for unearthing this information after finding that IMDB failed to do so, as is too often the case with video games.  Voice actors are so often the unsung heroes of video games and personally I like to know whose voice my character has appropriated, or who it is I'm talking to.  I was about to say "things have changed since then" but actually I don't think they have: the A-listers when they're involved are often mentioned probably courtesy of the marketing department but it still seems to involve quite a lot of investigation to find out who did the bulk of the work.  Seems odd when the credits so often mention even the play-testers and the pizza delivery guy but not the people who are so instrumental in giving a game its soul.

• Appreciation 1
39 minutes ago, vometia said:

still seems to involve quite a lot of investigation to find out who did the bulk of the work.  Seems odd when the credits so often mention even the play-testers and the pizza delivery guy but not the people who are so instrumental in giving a game its soul.

Agree wholeheartedly.  Oftentimes I will hear a voice in a game that I recognize from another game, then it can be hours of online searching to track down the person I'm hearing.  A lot of talent seems to go unsung when it comes to voice actors.

• Like! 1

I think there is a difference between voice actors for the english and the german versions. German voice actors are often the voice actors for english speaking movie actors. So you connect them with real actors in movies. English language voice actors are more for cartoons or movies like shrek.

I remember when our third first heard the voice of the dryad she said the same second: that's the voice of Jodie Foster. I had to look it up and she was right.

https://www.sacred-legends.de/synchronsprecher.html

• Like! 1

Just here to show loads of respect for all the work Pyx and IronWill  put into this

Yah, I think that a lot of voice actors don't get enough credit, looks like Sacred does the job though!

:hugs:

gogo