[Dev] Diablo 2 Fallen mod for Sacred 2

Flix

Also glad you made more hydras. They are one of the coolest animals in the game. Always thought they'd be tougher, but I guess with all the rest of the nasties in the swamp, specially the reflecting turtles, and spiders, they make their own case

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Today I started with a brand new shadow warrier at silver and now I'm at level 9. Now some remarks / questions:

- The first quest I made: kill the wolf who has eaten the cow: Can't speak after killing the wolf to the order encoder (he had an exlamation mark). I had to quit the game and started new - than it works (this never happened before).

- game freeze: when I open the map and klick on monolith or portal or enter/leave a cave (but this happens since if I played with cm patch).

If I remember correctly in your enhanced spell mod were other combats as in diablo mod. Why didn't you place the enhanced spell mod in the diablo mod?

The letters in the questbook are a little small (smaller than before..) But the new fonts are great!

Have a nice weekend

Edited by muffin1
  • Like! 1

- The first quest I made: kill the wolf who has eaten the cow: Can't speak after killing the wolf to the order encoder (he had an exlamation mark). I had to quit the game and started new - than it works (this never happened before).

I don't think this is caused by the mod. I didn't edit any of the quests or NPC's involved in that quest.

- game freeze: when I open the map and klick on monolith or portal or enter/leave a cave (but this happens since if I played with cm patch).

Does this happen every single time? If not, it's probably just a common game problem. Sacred 2 has been called "horribly unoptimized" so freezing and crashing happens sometimes, especially after playing a long session.

If I remember correctly in your enhanced spell mod were other combats as in diablo mod. Why didn't you place the enhanced spell mod in the diablo mod?

Hmm... I'm not sure I understand this question. The Diablo 2 combat arts are a completely new set, and are the core of the mod. On the other hand, Enhanced Spells is built off of the normal Sacred 2 spells, with only a few replacements.

The letters in the questbook are a little small (smaller than before..) But the new fonts are great!

They actually seemed a bit bigger to me. :D If the logbook is hard to read, one thing you can try that might help is turning on "UI Scaling" in the Graphics Options menu.

By the way, I did some more testing and I think you're right that enemy weapon damage is a bit too high. I'm going to scale it back in the next release.

• Like! 1

The freeze does not happen every time I enter a cage or portal. I think it's really a sacred problem (the old 2GB problem same as in Anno 1404).

Enclosed a picture of the combats I mean. Left are the combats from enhanced spell mod (I took this picture from here: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/21916-enhanced-spells-mod-sacred-2/) and on the right sight my combats.

In german forum I found this concerning enhanced spell mod: Neue Kampfkünste ! ( Unter anderem die deaktivierte Todeskälte Aura beim Schattenkrieger ist jetzt endlich nutzbar^^ )

I try to translate: shadow warrior: the deactived death cold (?) works. So I thougt that in diablo this combat ist usable...

I always thougt, you take the enhanced spell mods in this diablo mod - but if I understand your answer, you merge diablo with sacred combats? Sorry, my english is not so good and sometimes I've problems to understand all written sentences in this forum (and google translate is too bad).

By the way, I did some more testing and I think you're right that enemy weapon damage is a bit too high. I'm going to scale it back in the next release. perfect ;)

post-32491-0-07699100-1428763974_thumb.jpg

Hello :)

Its a great and huge mod but I have some problems..

Some Spells or Buffs arent correct.. if I want to use my shieldbuff with seraphim it doesnt work.. the shield doesnt come..

orthe fire demon buff from highelf is now another spell. my hands burn or something but in the description there is the firedemon listed not the burning hands.. the same with the most spells.. the old descriptions but not the new ones.. pls help

Ach so, dann spielst du eine Techniksera.

Welche Mods hast du aktiviert? Kann es sein, dass du mehrere mods aktiviert hast? Wenn du den Diabolo Mod aktiviert hast, dann dürfen keine weiteren Mods (mit Ausnahme des Inferno Mods) aktiv sein.

Muffin and reZZit thanks for bringing the interest here, the conversation seems so lively, but I'm thinking most of our reading population here at DarkMatters is reading for English.

It's okay to have the other language here, but would be possible to please place auto translation or your own so that the entire community can follow?

Noone wants to miss out on the good stuff!

:hugs:

gogo

• Like! 1

No Problem (but sometimes it's so much easier to write in german ;-).

In my last post I asked rezzit rather he installed some more mods instead of only diablo because I believe that he perhaps made a mistake by installation of mods. Because his combats don't do the things they should... For example: instead of warding energy comes instill belief...

• Like! 1

Google translation (this is easy to use):

Hello Rezzit

I play the seraphim and everything works for me ... Do you mean the Buff fighting stance?

heyho no I mean the sign. So the buff in which one has a shield. Moreover, if I want to use shockwave he is a conversion ka .. why?

Oh, then you play a technique seraphim.

What mods do you have enabled? Can it be that you have several mods enabled? If you have the Diabolo Mod activated, may (with the exception of the Inferno mods) may be active no other mods.

===================================================

My response:

#1 This mod only works on English installations. All other languages will have all the wrong text.

#2 It sounds like you're playing the completely wrong mod. If you want to play with a fire demon, warding energy, or shockwave the mod you want is Enhanced Spells. Not this mod.

• Like! 1