Halloween pics

Funny thing, found out my dog absolutely loves pumpkin,,,,only gave her a few pieces since I wasn't sure raw pumpkin was ok for her ( I know canned pumpkin is good). And once she had her first taste, she never left or even looked away while we were carving (pumpkins took a few hours to do)

• Like! 1

Unfortunately most of my neighborhood is elderly/retired folks....there are a few families with children but I typically get less than 10 kids Trick or Treating. Probably going to take one of them to the shop and place in the window there until Friday and then bring back home for Halloween.

In my area Halloween is the same day as Reformation Day. So people who want to do Reformation Day don't place pumpkins at the door. People who will allow kids to ring place a carved pumpkin (or more often fodder beet) with a candle inside at the door. This year nobody in the village is doing Halloween because with 124 people and a buriage of a 52 year old father at friday nobody is really in the mood for happiness.

2017 Reformation Day will be 500 years ago so probably no Halloween too.

However we will reinvent the Gloiniche Teufel Zug (Glowing devils walk) as a replacement. When the last harvest is done (fodder beets , how fitting), people will carve faces from beets, put them on sticks and walk from the field to the village for some celebration.