Grim Dawn is now content complete

Been trying to find the recipe for this

Shard of Beronath

Got a DW Nightblade/Arcanist I'm dying to try a couple of these on my weapons....worst thing is I know I can get via the Item Trading thread on forum but been self-found so far and would like to stay that way. Once I trade for this item, then I'll be doing same thing for others (Praetorian Chestguard looking at you...another piece I've been looking for for a loooong time)

Finished Ultimate with my Warder....only two deaths...both to the boss in the Bastion of Chaos in Ultimate

• Like! 1

worst thing is I know I can get via the Item Trading thread on forum but been self-found so far and would like to stay that way. Once I trade for this item, then I'll be doing same thing for others (Praetorian Chestguard looking at you...another piece I've been looking for for a loooong time)

Finished Ultimate with my Warder....only two deaths...both to the boss in the Bastion of Chaos in Ultimate

same for me- self-found all the way, I only share loot in party ( we play duo)

gratz :) wanna share your build?

Edited by Chrona

Here's the build

http://grimcalc.com/build/C0y9bR

Went max Forcewave/Rending Force for RMB attack

And max Primal Strike/Torrent/Storm Surge for LMB

Brute Force and mods also maxed...and synergize very well both main attacks.

Oleron's Rage and Squad Tactics have great damage boosts and what's really nice is I get a good boost to attack and movement speed too

All attribute points went to Physical...in hind sight wished I had applied a few points to Spirit so I could equip some of the higher tier rings :(

Devotion points almost exclusively went to resist bonuses. With penalties in Elite and Ultimate I was struggling to get resists up solely through equipment and components, so I ended up going more OA/DA and damage there. I would post Devotion but really need to go through it and optimize....it's really a mess right now lol

Best thing is, there is no need for BiS (Best in Socket) or perfect double rares....heck half of my equip doesn't have components in them. Went for OA/DA and physical/lightning damage mods.

If I went HC with this build I would probably get a little more defensive minded with points...would max Military Conditioning, Veterancy and Decorated Soldier in Soldier tree, and invest in the Mogdrogen's pact line in Shaman.

In Ultimate I was regularly crit'ing for 40-80k consistently...and this with crap gear....plan to farm with this guy quite a lot......sooooo many recipes and blueprints needing stuff I either don't have or very little of...found a few Transcendant Relic recipes and have almost none of the stuff needed to make even one

• Like! 1

Oh and one other thing.....be mindful of your level versus enemy level if you're farming.....thought I would take my level 85 Warder back into Normal or Elite and run through Burial Hill to get Aether Crystals, but after several runs of getting none finally realized that my level must be too high...so it seems there is a set point level-wise where you won't get any drops.

I'm pretty sure someone did a nice write-up on forum about this, but can't find it.

p.s. Shame this game isn't more popular yet.....this game is soooooooooo perfect for a Wiki (DarkMatters style)

A wiki would be a nightmare since they change things drastically every day. All those poor Grim Dawn build compendiums...created with so much zeal, filled with a multitude of builds, now mostly completely worthless. Maybe if the game is ever stabilized, a knowledge base will make more sense.

I would definitely wait for the game to be officially released before even thinking of starting one (and then wait for the inevitable hotfixes/patches to come out)...but some things like the map, quests, enemy types and general info could be done with relative safety.....part of it is me getting the wiki itch but not for Sacred 2...I doubt I will play that any more.

I simply have to stop thinking of new builds every time I see a cool item....

Now building a Cold-based Spellbreaker.....Main attacks will be Ring of Steel and Shadow Strike...Hoping to make Shadow Strike my default (LMB) attack......I think I can get cooldown to about .5 secs or so and with Nightfall I get some Area of Effect. Though right now Ring of Steel is for Area of Effect/crowd control. Probably use a lot of energy so going with Arcanist for some Spirit boost and Elemental damage.

At level 17 right now and wiping out everything (in Veteran) and not even really geared/skilled up yet.....not even close to using a health pot yet....don't think my health has dropped below 80%.

Biggest choice left to me right now is 2H weapon or sword and board...will have to see how damage goes once I'm a bit higher...hoping with Maivens Sphere of Protection I can go 2H and get some huge damage/crits :D

• Like! 1

Changed up what I was doing a little bit

Lethal Gambit (NB skill) + Tsunami (Devotion skill) + cooldown reduction gear = AWESOME. Using a 2H sword right now...not even close to anything decent. Actually weapon is the only thing I have a component inserted into and now level 30 entering Smuggler's Pass (no deaths)

I barely use Ring of Steel at all and strongly considering speccing all points out of it, and I only use Shadow Strike on bosses

Edit: Ring of Steel's stun mod is simply awesome even with only 1 point in it. Also Shadow Strike's pathing is still a little buggy but being fixed in Build 31.

So far taken Tsunami and Crane( full stars) and working on Ulo the keeper of the Waters....soon followed by Amatok the Spirit of Winter....I'm real heavy on Cold damage so should be interesting when I get those cold resist monsters in Act IV. Frost Revenants are already a bit of a pain

• Like! 1

deleted my totem build-> level 55 elite-> survivability was great- but not enough damage

started a trickster dw lightning-> level 44 farmin BoC - fast and fun build

my summoner stands in devils crossing ultimate level 80 and wait for B31 ->

Updates to Loot and Loot Tables
This section could be a list in itself, we are taking a look at Rare Affixes, Magic Items, Epic Items, Drop Rates…

Rare Affix, Epic and Legendary drop rates are going up on Elite and Ultimate difficulty. We are also cutting down on the odds of getting single-affix items and greatly increasing the chance of rolling a double-affix item, at level 55+. The affixes rolled on Monster Infrequents will be significantly improved, with lower odds of getting a single affix. We are also taking a look at Rare Affixes and Monster Infrequents, making them more powerful with a focus on introducing more defensive stats, which are critical to surviving on Elite and Ultimate difficulty.

We also resolved an error in the Epic item loot tables which only became apparent at max level. This error greatly reduced the selection of Epic items which could appear at level 85, resulting in many duplicate drops. This issue is resolved in Build 31.

• Like! 1

Nice work Chrona :)

Would love to see your build if you wouldn't mind linking a GrimCalc build. Got my Cold Spellbreaker up to the Necropolis in Veteran with 1 death so far...and that was me trying to see how far down an Aether Path I could go. If I was in HC I would have never done it. So far been soooo easy....have 6 skills that proc of hitting or being hit....when they all start going off I cannot even see my character :)

The End Boss on Ultimate is crazy...just simply crazy.....good luck when you get there :) (they are supposedly toning it down in next patch)

Trickster: http://grimcalc.com/build/qLl7mx

got the idea in the off forum: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31585

The End Boss on Ultimate is crazy...just simply crazy.....good luck when you get there :) (they are supposedly toning it down in next patch)

Pls NOOOO, I don't want another Diablo 3...

clearing ultimate-> will wait for the lootpatch

now I'll level a poisonbuild to ultimate-> next patch= dots can crit :drool:

February is going to be a good month for games. Grim Dawn is getting full official release, Pillars of Eternity is getting version 3.0 update + new expansion pack, and Witcher 3's Blood and Wine expansion is dropping. Looks it will be time to revisit all three games and journey through them anew. :wow:

• Like! 1

February is going to be a good month for games. Grim Dawn is getting full official release, Pillars of Eternity is getting version 3.0 update + new expansion pack, and Witcher 3's Blood and Wine expansion is dropping. Looks it will be time to revisit all three games and journey through them anew. :wow:

Pillars have a 50% discount at steam

anyone tried a crossbow build?

Found a Raga Jax and try to make a build around this beauty ->

https://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/8181-Raka'Jax

Shaman with primal strike, not sure about 2nd class soldier for surviabilty or arcanists iskandra for more damage

Edited by Chrona

I got a Fire Strike build going with a crossbow, Veteran was easy but find I'm losing my 'thump' in Elite....doing a lot more kiting now...enemies that took 1-2 shots to kill now take 3-6. Might respec and add Flashbang. But probably won't play him more til after release/tuning has been done.

What I'm really thinking of is a Reflect/Retaliation build. But I think one or both of them only work on melee attacks. Will have to test on some raged enemies. Also swore a skill worked something like a 'taunt', where you could make the ranged enemies come after you and melee. Not seeing it after a quick check...hopefully this is doable.

What I'm really thinking of is a Reflect/Retaliation build. But I think one or both of them only work on melee attacks. Will have to test on some raged enemies. Also swore a skill worked something like a 'taunt', where you could make the ranged enemies come after you and melee. Not seeing it after a quick check...hopefully this is doable.

I saw this yesterday-> http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32466

started a crossbow shaman -> primal strike with thunderous transmuter = win

can spam it + great Area of Effect

will push it to elite today->

Idea for level 50 with 25 devotion points

http://grimcalc.com/build/omWOuf

elite-> maybe I'll grab the briathorn with embolding roar (+dmg) and use it as tankpet ;) or wendigototem to facetank :guns:

• Like! 1

Hmmm...kind of what I want....did answer my question on what affects ranged enemies....

Think I want to try some combo of retaliation/reflect and Vindictive Flame/Night Chill...could be interesting....Plus I don't think there are many Saboteur builds going...never seen one in the Builds thread

And here I go on yet another build.......

• Like! 1

Congratz Chrona :drinks:

@ CoolColj....I haven't really tried a pet build yet so I can't comment on how they behave....but maybe this next patch (last before official release) might fix some things