Artur Fischer R.I.P.

Artur Fischer died aged 96. His wiki entry ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artur_Fischer ) is very short for a person holding way over 1000 patents. Just last week my daughter build a 3d plotter from Fischertechnik elements. I grew up with mainly Fischertechnik and not LEGO, building plotters, robots and all this as a child from Fischertechnik.

He also invented the Fischer wall plugs nearly everyone uses, a bone plug which fixed the leg of our oldest, he invented the electrical flash light which helped in doing all the family photos, ...

He probably invented a lot more what we use daily without knowing it. I was impressed when he did a speech at my university when I just started. He wasn't a musician, an actor or a well known VIP. But he had a great impact to form me into the person I am now.

Rest in Peace

• Like! 1

Artur Fischer died aged 96. His wiki entry ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artur_Fischer ) is very short for a person holding way over 1000 patents. Just last week my daughter build a 3d plotter from Fischertechnik elements. I grew up with mainly Fischertechnik and not LEGO, building plotters, robots and all this as a child from Fischertechnik.

He also invented the Fischer wall plugs nearly everyone uses, a bone plug which fixed the leg of our oldest, he invented the electrical flash light which helped in doing all the family photos, ...

He probably invented a lot more what we use daily without knowing it. I was impressed when he did a speech at my university when I just started. He wasn't a musician, an actor or a well known VIP. But he had a great impact to form me into the person I am now.

Rest in Peace

That's a wonderful tribute and memoriam you posted Chattius

Impressive number of contributions from the man, and interesting that you compared him as a counter influence for you versus Lego

A great legacy

:)

gogo