Sacred 2 Guide: How to force a specific item to drop

Flix

This is such the awesome part about gaming, all the points of view we have on what gaming's supposed to be, where it is, where it's going, what it means...

kind of like the spec, respec?

:thumbsup:

gogo

• Like! 1

Honestly, I know full well it's a cheat, but to me this game is about fun. If getting items like this ruins your fun, then it's something to avoid. But for many of us, it's a way to explore new things and get the thrill of new loot, and that means FUN.

Also I'd hoped that posting this method would alleviate some of the pressure I put on myself to upload items for people, which I'm always promising to do. "Teach a man to fish..." and all that. ;) This is the method I would (and will) use to prepare some cool item downloads soon.

• Like! 1
  • 6 months later...

I know that this is an old thread, please forgive teh necro, but I only today stumbled upon it...

...For those folks who feel that this is a cheat of such magnitude that it spoils your game, the solution is glaringly simple. If you don't use it, your game can't possibly be spoiled. :blink:

Edited by rdnckproud

I know that this is an old thread, please forgive teh necro, but I only today stumbled upon it...

...For those folks who feel that this is a cheat of such magnitude that it spoils your game, the solution is glaringly simple. If you don't use it, your game can't possibly be spoiled. :blink:

Thanks for posting Tony, welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

• 1 year later...

If someone is looking for a specific item number so that they can get it to drop, I have all of the vanilla weapons, relics, etc. recorded. If there are a number of requests, perhaps I could compile a list and upload a file here. I have a drop list set up to spill items for transporting in multiplayer to anywhere or mounting ones faithful companion. It's simple to do if you know where to look in the scripts folder.

Just found this thread and I'm wowed! Insta-drops? Really?! :wow:

Between this and using the Character Editor to make your toon whatever you may want it to be there's virtually no limits to how one can bend the game to his/her will. Or you can just play it traditionally, whatever rocks your boat fellas. Carry on. :music:

Edited by Androdion
  • 3 years later...

Hey:bye:

I always wondered, if you use this method, what does the second value in the table mean? Take Flix's example:

On 2/1/2016 at 1:10 AM, Flix said:

rewards = {
{4143,0},

{4144,0},

{4145,0},
},

what do all the zeroes mean? Does somebody know that?

Another possibility is minimum difficulty level. 0 being Bronze, 1 being Silver, etc.

If you set it to 1 and the reward failed to drop in Bronze, that would confirm.