[REL] Diablo 2 Fallen

Flix

• 2 months later...

Got a question about the difficulty levels. I just finished the Normal campaign, and I was anticipating a Normal, Nightmare, Hell set of difficulties. The next I see is called Hard. Does D2 Fallen have difficulties that map to each of the Bronze through Niobium difficulties of vanilla?  If so, what are they called, and are there any differences (caps, expected level progression, monster difficulty, etc) between D2 Fallen and vanilla+CM in that regard?

9 hours ago, lightbringer32 said:

Got a question about the difficulty levels. I just finished the Normal campaign, and I was anticipating a Normal, Nightmare, Hell set of difficulties. The next I see is called Hard. Does D2 Fallen have difficulties that map to each of the Bronze through Niobium difficulties of vanilla?  If so, what are they called, and are there any differences (caps, expected level progression, monster difficulty, etc) between D2 Fallen and vanilla+CM in that regard?

It's still 5 difficulty levels as in Sacred 2. I'm not able to just cut 2 of them out.

Enemy armor, damage, and speed scale higher in D2F than in vanilla, on higher difficulty levels.

Quest XP and quest gold rewards also scale higher, on higher difficulties.

• Thanks! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

@FlixThe D2F wiki Boss page states that Diablo has Red Lightning and Cold Touch. However I can see no such spells in the current D2F iteration's creatures.txt Diablo entry, or in spells.txt. Am I missing something, or have those been removed?

Edited by dimitrius154
5 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Am I missing something, or have those been removed?

I think the wiki's bestiary is a few versions out of date.

That being said, in the current script:

entry0 = { "enemy_dragon_feueratem" }, -- Firestorm
        entry1 = { "enemy_root" }, -- substitute for Bone Prison
        entry2 = { "enemy_ghost_schock_1" }, -- Red Lightning
        entry3 = { "gartor_armageddon" }, -- Fire Nova
        entry4 = { "enemy_whit_verlangsamen" }, -- Cold Touch

5 hours ago, Flix said:

entry0 = { "enemy_dragon_feueratem" }, -- Firestorm
        entry1 = { "enemy_root" }, -- substitute for Bone Prison
        entry2 = { "enemy_ghost_schock_1" }, -- Red Lightning
        entry3 = { "gartor_armageddon" }, -- Fire Nova
        entry4 = { "enemy_whit_verlangsamen" }, -- Cold Touch

In that case Firestorm and Cold Touch require SM05 and SM01 animations, which the Diablo entry in animation.txt does not contain.   

• Thanks! 1
19 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

In that case Firestorm and Cold Touch require SM05 and SM01 animations, which the Diablo entry in animation.txt does not contain.   

Well that is vexing. It's unlike me not to test every enemy CA in action. I'll have to add such animations in the 15th release.

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone, I'm not sure where to ask this so I'm gonna ask it here, is there a way to incorporate mini bosses from Diablo 2 Fallen mod in Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition mod or at least to work with said mod?

Big fan of everything you all have done for Sacred 2 btw. 

Edited by AstralLord
  • Respect! 1
On 7/1/2021 at 12:30 PM, AstralLord said:

Hello everyone, I'm not sure where to ask this so I'm gonna ask it here, is there a way to incorporate mini bosses from Diablo 2 Fallen mod in Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition mod or at least to work with said mod?

Big fan of everything you all have done for Sacred 2 btw. 

Hello! I do not currently have any plans to add any more content to Enhanced Edition. A monster is the product of multiple assets & scripts all working in tandem, so there's no quick and easy way to copy over monsters from D2F.  I consider Enhanced Edition to be basically complete, and unless there's any egregious bugs reported that I can fix, the current version of EE will likely remain the final version.

I am looking forward to creating one last version of Diablo 2 Fallen, hopefully to release later this year.  I've made several changes and have more planned. It has been "on pause" until the next Addendum releases and because I needed to spend some time on other games & projects.

• Like! 1

@FlixBy the way, while working on the Fallen/Carver/Devilkin/Dark One staves I've stumbled on an ID descrepancy between material.txt and code-wise material ID assignment. Basically, everything above ID 4 has it wrong. 

Edited by dimitrius154
15 hours ago, Flix said:

Hello! I do not currently have any plans to add any more content to Enhanced Edition. A monster is the product of multiple assets & scripts all working in tandem, so there's no quick and easy way to copy over monsters from D2F.  I consider Enhanced Edition to be basically complete, and unless there's any egregious bugs reported that I can fix, the current version of EE will likely remain the final version.

I am looking forward to creating one last version of Diablo 2 Fallen, hopefully to release later this year.  I've made several changes and have more planned. It has been "on pause" until the next Addendum releases and because I needed to spend some time on other games & projects.

Understood, thanks for the reply!

6 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

@FlixBy the way, while working on the Fallen/Carver/Devilkin/Dark One staves I've stumbled on an ID descrepancy between material.txt and code-wise material ID assignment. Basically, everything above ID 4 has it wrong. 

What's the practical result of this error?

2 hours ago, Flix said:

What's the practical result of this error?

Judging by the function usage:

1. Incorrect armor weight calculation.

2. Partially incorrect random item name generation.

3. Partially incorrect item bonus assignment.

4. Partially incorrect item price generation.

• 1 month later...

The sacred 2 wiki says that the elite mounts mod is included in the diablo 2 mod, but  I´m in the temple of the gods in the jungle and there is no mount vendor. There is a woman selling normal stuff and a guy in the door of the temple that does nothing. What happen with the elite mounts?

4 hours ago, Darius87 said:

The sacred 2 wiki says that the elite mounts mod is included in the diablo 2 mod, but  I´m in the temple of the gods in the jungle and there is no mount vendor. There is a woman selling normal stuff and a guy in the door of the temple that does nothing. What happen with the elite mounts?

A few version back I made completing the normal Special Mounts quest OR the Blood Forest mounts quest (A Roof Over the Head) as a prerequisite quest, before the priest will speak with you.  He also has a quest he will send you on before he sells to you.

• Thanks! 1
  • 3 months later...

I never got to finish this mod as I am very busy in real life.It's december so I got some spare time.Flix you don't get enough praise for this mod.You made the shadow warrior(my least favorite class)to one of the most fun classes.I am busy with a ww barb full damage build.I am still low level but I just melt the enemies.My second toon is lighting sorc.There's a lot of other d2 mods.Grim dawn is one which is a great mod in  it self.But it's refreshing to play these classes in sacred's world.I will try and finish this game over the holiday but I will still be busy.

I can't wait for the new version.I know you said you will make every class have there own personal quest.Is that still in the pipeline?I can understand if it's not because it will take a lot of work to implement.All in all a great mod and the most fun I had over the last couple year.New games just isn't as fun as the old classics.I have last epoch.Fun game but still nothing compared to sacred.I even bought diablo 2 resurrection to support the devs but I am so disappointed that I play the old d1 and d2.You can't slap a fiat sticker on a ferrari and expect it to go fast.Only thing I did was I installed a graphics mod.I will be sad about the final version but I am sure I can get over it 😁

PS:Remember if you die a hero,your still dead 😎

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, Flix said:

Diablo 2 Fallen version 15 is released!  Total changelog on file page.

Mirror on Sacred 2 Nexus

Normally I don't release the mod before I finish making posts about all the upcoming features, but this will be an exception.  I'll continue making posts about all the new content, but I've tested it and there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to play it now.

Hard to believe it's been 7.5 years since the first release, and over 2 years since my last update.  Version 15 sees a massive content update with monsters, items, and quests, as well as an extra level polish and balance for the character CA's.

All documentation has been updated to the latest:

The Music Pack has had its first update since its inception.  Tracks have been remastered and significantly expanded with more juicy Matt Uelmen music.  It is now a required part of the mod, though I have kept the download separate to make it easier to download the whole thing.

Gratz guys! Years and years into this mod. I've become enamored of its last few additions, you really got immersion down 

:thumbsup:

gogo

• Appreciation 1

Well it only took a few hours to get my first bug report.  Apparently I forgot to include the new Paladin model in the archives so there's hellacious clipping going on with her armor.  I also inadvertently copied over some Addendum things I didn't like, such as the removed pants from Sopor Aethernis and leaving the Seraphim's face on the Sopor helmet.

All this should be resolved in this little patch:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MLZWxIFMwtTSp-_1pUr19wNfjEiO0n7e/view?usp=sharing

Extract the content into your D2F v15 folder, before enabling the mod.

If all is well after another week, I'll update the main archive.

Ok my weekend got spoiled I have some work to do cause the clients being a client..... and we having power issues.... man I can never just take a break and play one of theh finest ARPG ever. Top 3 Diablo 2 diablo 1 and then Sacred 2 and last sacred 1. I may get last epoch but kinda hard pill to swallow. I also played wolcen lords of mayhem but I always find my way back to sacred. After the new released I scratched all my toons and started a new.

I've updated the downloads to version 15b.

The full mod download now includes the fixes, or if you already have v15, you may just download the hotfix patch update.

Extract the 'pak' and 'scripts' folders into the main D2F v15 mod folder before enabling, overwriting when prompted. Then enable the mod.

Changelog:

• Fixed severe clipping with most Paladin armor.
  • Fixed Sopor Aethernis helmet giving the Paladin a Seraphim face.
  • Fixed Sopor Aethernis belt missing the skirt.
  • Fixed missing saddles on Unicorn mounts.
  • Crystal elite enemies (Aracin, Percalacin, Frozen Horror) no longer give half XP.
  • Fixed a minor typo for frog/snake spawns in the Swamp that caused them to spawn in the Blood Forest.
  • Fixed Chipped Ruby and Flawed Ruby having swapped icons.