[REL] Diablo 2 Fallen

Flix

Great! I'll see about the support topic. Might be a bit tricky but as a temporary means maybe I could restore the deleted auto-generated support topic, delete it's contents and put a link in it to redirect visitors to your topic here.

In the past I know I've edited the database for this sort of situation though it's always an unnerving endeavor, haha. I could also move posts here to the auto support topic after restoring it but of course there's the issue of time stamps... I fiddle around and see what happens.

Thanks. Any of that stuff is fine. I just didn't want multiple threads that are all essentially the same thing floating around because it's just confusing for people.

All the hard work behind the scenes right in front of us, love the way you guys work :)

Also great to see you're still alive and kicking Schot, it's been a while since we've seen you pop your head in, although I'm sure you're still doing plenty of work behind the scenes and not taking any credit for it!

• Like! 1

Hey you, DB! I wish I could say I've been secretly working away in the background, haha. I've not been around much. I think I'm subconciously hiding from the impending major updates I need to do here on DM and over on SW. :D Though I'm always itching to find the next gem of a game. Sacred 1 & 2 is hard to match!

Ok Flix. I opted to restore the auto created support topic and then replaced the content with a link leading here. I had a look at the database option but there seems to be many value references like strings going this way and that way. If I move a couple strings some others might get tangled! :crazy:

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Patch 2 for D2F Beta 7 is live! You can download directly from the link in the first post of this thread or just get it HERE.

The ReadMe with the full change log and instructions is there too.

This was mainly an enemy balance and bug-fix patch. But there are also a few spell tweaks and new icons with D2 artwork in the character creation interface.

I also incorporated the Item Mod v1.2b model corrections to some armor sets by Dimitrius154.

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

Where can I find the files necessary to create an Italian translation? (:

Great having you here on the boards and offering to help with Flix's team's mod... welcome to Darkmatters DamonMortis!

I actually enjoyed the huge community that Italian website had going, even its own Sacred Wiki

:)

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This looks great! I just installed it, but there seems to be missing stuff... I don't seem to get most of the new icons, or the mod's icon on the title screen... the deafult look for the characters is the same as in the vanilla game, too. I also can't seem to find the fonts directory anywhere...

I am using the Steam version of Sacred 2. ¿Do I need to do anything differently when installing the mod?

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

• Like! 1

So I just downloaded this amazing mod. The classes seem amazing, really liking the paladin. I am however running into an issue. In the install instructions it says to double click the three font files to install them to my pc. When I double click them it just opens the files with Windows Font Viewer, a program that came with my pc. My game is still running with default fonts and its causing some major issues, most I and l letters are invisble. Any ideas what I can do to remedy the situation and get these fonts working properly? I am running win vista if this matters at all.

This looks great! I just installed it, but there seems to be missing stuff... I don't seem to get most of the new icons, or the mod's icon on the title screen... the deafult look for the characters is the same as in the vanilla game, too. I also can't seem to find the fonts directory anywhere...

I am using the Steam version of Sacred 2. ¿Do I need to do anything differently when installing the mod?

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

Hello! It sounds like the mod is not installed at all. The problem may be incorrect directories. The Generic Mod Enabler should be installed in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold

Within that directory, the Mod Enabler will create a folder called "MODS". Extract the content of the mod zip file directly into this folder. So the path will be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\MODS\Diablo 2 Fallen Beta 7

The full path for the location of the fonts is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\MODS\Diablo 2 Fallen Beta 7\pak\fonts

So I just downloaded this amazing mod. The classes seem amazing, really liking the paladin. I am however running into an issue. In the install instructions it says to double click the three font files to install them to my pc. When I double click them it just opens the files with Windows Font Viewer, a program that came with my pc. My game is still running with default fonts and its causing some major issues, most I and l letters are invisble. Any ideas what I can do to remedy the situation and get these fonts working properly? I am running win vista if this matters at all.

Hello! I suppose those were imperfect instructions on my part, sorry. After double clicking the font, you are correct, Windows Font Viewer opens. The crucial part is to then click the "Install" button.

glHFFyN.jpg

Let me know if they're still not working after installation.

I ran into a big problem earlier: (I don't think it is realted to D2F but maybe CM patch fault): the very last monolith in the Great machine could not be selected to teleport at. I defeated Nimonuil and decided to reteleport to the multi island (I always create my chars in multiplayer mode, don't know for singleplayer) and... I could not teleport back to this monolith because it simply doesn't appear on the map.

Could you take a look at that Flix please? Don't know if you'll be able to do something but it's at least to confirm the 'bug'. Thanks.

Actually, that is exactly the directory where I've installed the mod enabler, and through it, the mod. When I run the game, The classes do change name, and I get the new descriptions and effects for the new Combat Arts, and some of the new icons, but not all of them. The new buffs have no icon at all when I drag them to the buff wheel on the lower right corner of the screen. the Gods still have their old icons, although the new Divine Gift effects do take place when I activate them. Also, I took my character to the Winged Harbor from the Ice and Blood expansion, and all the Seraphim (in this case, Paladin, I suppose) NPCs, have disappeared.

On the character creation screen I get the new icons for the difficulty levels, the Hardcore mode and the Expert Touch mode, as well as the Light and Dark campaign icons, but the new portraits for the character classes do not appear. The mod's logo also does not replace the original logo on the title screen, and when my character speaks, I can only hear the original voices, not the Diablo ones. Some items, like the gems (Amethyst, Ruby, Emerald) also have new names, as well as the Trophies, which are now Charms.

For some reason, the mod does not appear to install fully on my game. ¿Are all the Seraphim NPCs supposed to disappear?

I just checked, and uninstalling the mod does bring back the Seraphim NPCs.

There is also no fonts directory in the mod's pak directory.

Edited by JulioBojorquez

Well I figured out my problem. There was no install button on the top left like in your screenshot, I had to right-click the file before opening and use install option in that menu. For w/e reason the only buttons in my font viewer was Print on the top left and Properties on the top right. Now that I have them installed everything looks so good in game, ty for the help.

I ran into a big problem earlier: (I don't think it is realted to D2F but maybe CM patch fault): the very last monolith in the Great machine could not be selected to teleport at. I defeated Nimonuil and decided to reteleport to the multi island (I always create my chars in multiplayer mode, don't know for singleplayer) and... I could not teleport back to this monolith because it simply doesn't appear on the map.

Could you take a look at that Flix please? Don't know if you'll be able to do something but it's at least to confirm the 'bug'. Thanks.

I'll look into it. FYI, there's a hotkey for teleporting to the currently active Soulstone. On my system it's F7 though that may not be the default. Also keep in mind that the game often will not let you teleport to underground locations while you are mounted.

Ah, yes, that was it. Problem solved. Thanks :)

Ok good. I try to avoid putting out patches for that very reason, but the mod size is so big I hate to make people re-download the whole thing all the time.

Well I figured out my problem. There was no install button on the top left like in your screenshot, I had to right-click the file before opening and use install option in that menu. For w/e reason the only buttons in my font viewer was Print on the top left and Properties on the top right. Now that I have them installed everything looks so good in game, ty for the help.

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I'm on Windows 7 and I guess it behaves differently regarding fonts. I'll try to write out a more universal instruction for installing the fonts. Maybe just link to an article like this one.

• Like! 1

I'll look into it. FYI, there's a hotkey for teleporting to the currently active Soulstone. On my system it's F7 though that may not be the default. Also keep in mind that the game often will not let you teleport to underground locations while you are mounted.

Yes, no this one simply doesn't appear on the map so I can't teleport to it (in multi).

One other little thing for D2F: I think there are not any bonus items that adds +X% lightning damage. There is Ice, Fire, Physical, Magical, Poison but not Lightning I think. Could be very useful if not essential for Lightning Sorceress, Lightning Amazon, maybe others too. Sorry if I'm mistaken, I have a doubt.

Edited by desm

Yes, no this one simply doesn't appear on the map so I can't teleport to it (in multi).

No it won't appear on the map. I believe it's because you're above ground and it's an underground Soulstone. What happens when you press the teleport hotkey? For me, it transports me to the Soulstone, which then becomes visible on the map because I'm underground.

Ly2REdW.jpgTaHQ2o2.jpg

One other little thing for D2F: I think there are not any bonus items that adds +X% lightning damage. There is Ice, Fire, Physical, Magical, Poison but not Lightning I think. Could be very useful if not essential for Lightning Sorceress, Lightning Amazon, maybe others too. Sorry if I'm mistaken, I have a doubt.

I would like to encourage you to familiarize yourself with the 5 damage types in the Sacred series. You may also read about what types of damage combat arts inflict in D2F. There are Wiki pages for each combat art, for example, Lightning Bolt or Nova.

What happens when you press the teleport hotkey?

For me, because I'm in Multiplayer mode, it brings me back to the start island. Maybe I then will make my chars Singleplayer.

You may also read about what types of damage combat arts inflict in D2F

I see, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was featured