Diablo 2 Fallen Music Pack

Flix

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

I add a link to the Northland Music Patch in the first post above. It was made to be part of Flix's Music Mod but it complements the Diablo 2 Fallen mod just as well. Just extract the .ogg files into the "music" folder along with all the other music tracks from the D2F music pack.

You can preview the new tracks HERE.

• Like! 1
  • 4 months later...

Hello Flix, I have a strange problem: I can't get the D2F music mod to work anymore. Yesterday it was working. All I did was doing a fresh install of Sacred 2 Gold and now nothing to do, it's always the original 'ambient' theme wich is playing at main menu. All I did too was reinstall the JSGME (v2.6.0.157).

I've checked and rechecked and all seems fine but it doesn't play D2 theme. Have you an idea please?

Hello Flix, I have a strange problem: I can't get the D2F music mod to work anymore. Yesterday it was working. All I did was doing a fresh install of Sacred 2 Gold and now nothing to do, it's always the original 'ambient' theme wich is playing at main menu. All I did too was reinstall the JSGME (v2.6.0.157).

I've checked and rechecked and all seems fine but it doesn't play D2 theme. Have you an idea please?

So you reinstalled the game and the mod enabler, did you remember to install the mod itself? Check the directory paths.

In fact I was totaly fed up with the hangs of sacred2.exe so I decided to make a new partition with a 32bits OS to see. So I reinstalled the game and JSGME on this new partition and now, no D2 music.

I've put the D2F music mod (and the Northern add-on) in the Diablo 2 Fallen mod pak folder, then enabled the mod with JSGME but nothing. Always the original ambient theme playing at main menu. I really not see where the problem is.

I:\GOG Games\Sacred 2 Gold\MODS\Diablo 2 Fallen Beta 7\pak\music

edit: hmm hmm, I've just copied my Sacred 2 options folder from my main partition to the new one, not to have all to reparameter. When I make the game makes a new options.txt it's working fine but I still don't see the problem but np, I will reparameter all, at least it works. Thanks!

edit2: It worked for the first launch, now it's bugging again, I don't understand. I'm gonna uninstall the one I have on the main partition to see. Sorry for the inconvenience.

It works only for the first launch, the next ones the original ambient theme comes back.

I'll see that tomorrow or so, good sunday!

Edited by desm
  • 2 years later...
2 hours ago, Thert said:

Hi,

The download doesnt work:

File not accessible

I tried it in a few different browsers and it seems to be downloading fine for me.  Not sure what's going on.  :\

Ok I tried again, and could download it now. However the main modification.zip can't be opened. Illl ask that in the appropraite thread. Thanks for testing.

Edited by Guest
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello @Flix , it has already be mentionned I think but you should say that the music pak only works when Windows Settings (maybe Stereo too) is put in audio parameters in Sacred 2. If you put 5.1 settings, these are the vanilla music files that are played.

Btw, since I'm there, do you have a date for the release of D2F v14? I think I saw it somewhere but don't refind it.

• 2 months later...
On 3/15/2020 at 2:12 PM, desm said:

Hello @Flix , it has already be mentionned I think but you should say that the music pak only works when Windows Settings (maybe Stereo too) is put in audio parameters in Sacred 2. If you put 5.1 settings, these are the vanilla music files that are played.

I just had the same problem and for me none of these solved it. It turned out, that changing music quality to "high" was the solution. When it was on low, it played Sacred 2 music. On high it's Diablo.

On 3/15/2020 at 2:12 PM, desm said:

I don't often post in this thread, because I haven't done anything with the music pack since I first added it to the mod.  However, I have completely updated the D2F music pack with the release of v15.

Aside from remastering many of tracks, I have expanded the selection with more tracks from his work on World of Warcraft.

Here are all the music changes:

• The music mod is now required along with the main D2F mod to avoid audio bugs.
  • Combat music is now disabled by default to prevent issues with the new tracks.
  • New fan adaptations of Tristram theme added to Main Menu, Ending Credits, Desert Cantina, and Studio 2 Dungeon.
  • Swapped one of the main menu songs (Leoric) with a track from the Wastelands (title theme from vanilla D2).
  • Outer area surrounding the Scorpion Temple now has unique music.
  • Marigold Fields now have unique music.
  • Grunwald Forest has ominous music like the Whisperwood.
  • Nagash's Nest now has Swamp music and background ambiance.
  • DragonSea Islands now use music from Seraphim Isle instead of Orc music.
  • Undead Harbor in Thylysium now has unique music.
  • T-Energy Bog now has menacing music.
  • Crystal Plane dungeons no longer play Xmas music.
  • Island of Many Roads has unique music instead of Crystal Plane music.
  • Urthak's Moxie has new music.

Uelmen has stated that he composed this music for Diablo 3, but it was given to the Burning Crusade campaign in WoW because at the time it was the cash cow franchise.

Here's one of my favorites that you'll now hear the areas around the outer Scorpion Temple: