The Diablo 2 Fallen Items Thread

Flix

4 hours ago, Lussbhel said:

Can weapons and monsters be used without the mod? Why not single downloadable files also to use them without the Diablo Fallen mod of weapons and monsters?

That's because each one is the product of several files:  models, textures, icons, encoding for the names, not to mention the dozens of script files that incorporate all these changes to the game.  Trying to use the items without the mod would just result in them being a random, useless item with no stats at best.  At worst they would not appear at all.

In other words everything that comprises the mod is needed to access the content.

• Thanks! 1
  • 5 months later...

A last minute item update.  For the Barbarian's new class quest I had added a new quest item called "The Vile Husk".  It was just a generic quest item (not usable) but then I saw a sword that Pesmontis had graciously uploaded for a fan years ago.  We never made any use of this "reaver blade" and I just saw it the other day and knew it would be perfect to use for The Vile Husk.

eKr1g7bl.jpg

Since it is a brand new item it would be shame to have it just be an icon in the quest log, so I also made The Vile Husk into a droppable unique sword and modeled it after its namesake sword from Diablo 2.  It is more rare than most other unique swords.  The sword excels at protecting from and dealing poison damage, as well doing extra damage to undead and improving the Necromancer curse Decrepify.

1wGQWCpl.jpg   CTv0v9Yl.jpg

• Like! 1

This is a great addition, the sword model is fantastic.  Also like how its particularly suited to the necromancer with its affinity for poison... great fit

:)

gogo

• Thanks! 1
  • 2 months later...

Wow, back in July I was talking about "last minute updates" and here I am 3 months later still doing the same.  :3lmao: Ok... this really should be the last update before v12's release.

Most of the below changes are courtesy Caledor's Balance Mod. The idea is to help some item modifiers that severely under-perform when compared to just equipping raw Damage +%.

•  Item modifier: Damage +% (all-channel) is decreased to be 1/2 the value of single-channel damage bonuses (was 2/3).  Since you get 5 modifiers for the price of one with the all-channel bonus.
  •  Item modifier: Damage Mitigation +% (all-channel) is decreased to be 1/2 the value of single-channel damage mitigation (was 2/3).  Same rationale as above.
  •  Item modifier: Wounds Increase Damage Dealt has doubled damage values.  The threshold for max damage remains at 25% health (couldn't find a way to change it on items).
  •  Item modifier: Chance for Critical Hits has tripled values. This combined with the mod's long-standing boost of crits to 1.5X damage will help a lot.
  •  Chance for individual secondary damage effects (burn, poison, freeze, weaken) are increased to be equal to Chance for Open Wounds.
  •  Crushing Blow (8% hp reduction) gains the effect of Shattering Blow (20% hp reduction) and replaces the latter in all instances (spells, items, enemies).  In other words Crushing Blow is powered up and is now the only "Blow" in town.

Aside from Crushing Blow, these changes only affect the modifiers on items, NOT on skills, combat arts, or innate bonuses granted to creatures.

• Appreciation 1

I wonder if there is a variable for delayed drops and if yes - could it be edited? Delayed drops were thought as a counter for players who loot very quickly, mainly at multiplayer. In single player there is no real need to wait 3 seconds after a boss kill, and most multiplayer games nowadays are in fact singleplayer ones to repeat quests - or?

13 hours ago, chattius said:

I wonder if there is a variable for delayed drops and if yes - could it be edited? Delayed drops were thought as a counter for players who loot very quickly, mainly at multiplayer. In single player there is no real need to wait 3 seconds after a boss kill, and most multiplayer games nowadays are in fact singleplayer ones to repeat quests - or?

I have to admit I never noticed a delay like you're describing.  Is this really a thing in Sacred 2?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2019 at 4:29 AM, chattius said:

Mainly at quest drops like griffon or boar. There is a first drop and then a second drop after a while.

This could be explained by the fact that two separate scripts handled enemy drops and quest drops.  Quest rewards are dropped via quest.txt when the quest stage reaches completion.  Enemy drops are generated by drop.txt when the enemy dies.  That could explain why first one drops, then the next.

• 3 months later...

Hey Flix, I started a new character and came across these items, these are for a quest in sloeford (I can't remember the name), never actually payed much attention to it but these look pretty nice, that shield has a "knightly" look and the sword looks very clean could be a nice two hander, is it possible to add them? I think these would complete the repertory of unused items.

https://imgur.com/0kWy43P

https://imgur.com/XtttbZ2

45 minutes ago, Tharkun said:

Hey Flix, I started a new character and came across these items, these are for a quest in sloeford (I can't remember the name), never actually payed much attention to it but these look pretty nice, that shield has a "knightly" look and the sword looks very clean could be a nice two hander, is it possible to add them? I think these would complete the repertory of unused items.

I found them.  The problem is that they're not real items designed to be used. They have flat models and one-sided textures. They are basically just icons.  The shield texture could possibly be transplanted onto a better existing shield model.  The sword would need a lot of work on the model to make is usable.

t_sword_d.jpg.c82dd81eeb20178b5e86de119c493ba7.jpg

t_shield_d.jpg.a1851ecf285bb62c06e4a9b8f2f6bbb0.jpg

• Like! 1
6 hours ago, Flix said:

I found them.  The problem is that they're not real items designed to be used. They have flat models and one-sided textures. They are basically just icons.  The shield texture could possibly be transplanted onto a better existing shield model.  The sword would need a lot of work on the model to make is usable.

t_sword_d.jpg.c82dd81eeb20178b5e86de119c493ba7.jpg

t_shield_d.jpg.a1851ecf285bb62c06e4a9b8f2f6bbb0.jpg

the shield is handsome

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

I've been working on more jewels for D2F v14.

First one is a jewel for physical-based weapons.  Converting other damage types into physical was my first choice; alas this did not work.  So these jewels are intended to make a physical damage build more powerful.

kk7zJ1d.png

xcR8JIf.png

Krj6rys.png

Remember "Mortal Wounds" is vanilla's "Serious Open Wounds," which causes both bleeding damage and 8% reduction to enemy health.

The second jewel type is the Rainbow Facet.  Instead of conversion, this Legendary jewel adds flat damage of all 5 types (the only item to do so), and also boosts the chance to cause all 5 secondary damage effects. 

wmBC5LW.png

• Like! 1
10 hours ago, Androdion said:

Interesting that legendary one. Fixed or random drop? Seems great for a Damage Lore weapon build.

The stats are fixed, right now drops for all jewels are random, except "The Forgotten Tower" quest which grants 4x unique jewels - may need to revisit that reward for the sake of balance.

Jewels, being the descendants of the vanilla converters (Poison Fang, Lava Chunk, Magic Pearl, Ice Crystal), are on racial subfamily drop lists in drop.txt as follows:

Jewel of Flame / Inferno Jewel : Dragon-type enemies

Jewel of Frost / Arctic Jewel : Energy-type enemies

Jewel of Plague / Pestilent Jewel : Insect-type enemies

Jewel of Ether / Mystic Jewel : High Elf enemies

Jewel of Force / Stalwart Jewel : Orc-type enemies

Rainbow Facet : T-Mutant enemies

The jewels also have their own drop list, which Blacksmiths draw on for their inventory.

I'm considering making a single Rainbow Facet the reward for completing a new, very difficult secret quest I'm currently working on for v14.  :evil:

• Like! 1
On 3/12/2020 at 11:17 PM, Flix said:

Made a chart of the all the available jewels in v14.  One of these days I'll get around to properly putting items on the Wiki.

jewels.thumb.png.74ac1e1d7a7cbf2701adf8753afafd46.png

rainbow.png.bb10e4e305cd6223a2b0c62bb94167cd.png

This is brilliant! What an ambitious idea for new items...I saw this on vacation a few days ago but was unable to comment because of the horrible data back there...  The names you've come up with ... Rainbow Face... so novel...inferno, mystic, stalwart... beautiful... though im a little on the fence for Arctic... maybe cuz its such a geographic/place term rather than a degree of condition? Or...maybe its geography does, kind of, slightly give it that inference?

Keep going!!

gogo

• Thanks! 1

Hello fellow slashers. Flix, I've came across the Miasma Ring but it has no boni (playing D2F v13b hotfix with a new Sorceress char)

1584358671-sacred2-2020-03-16-12-27-48-2

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, desm said:

Hello fellow slashers. Flix, I've came across the Miasma Ring but it has no boni (playing D2F v13b hotfix with a new Sorceress char)

1584358671-sacred2-2020-03-16-12-27-48-2

Level 9 item... I think that's too low level for the bonuses to spawn.  Solution will be to increase the minimum drop level for the ring to level 25 or so.

On 3/16/2020 at 6:39 AM, desm said:

The minimum drop level is set to 20 but I think I know what happened.  You probably got this ring as the quest reward for "Settlement From Beyond the Grave," the Sorceress class quest?

The bonuses on this ring won't spawn until level 10 (Regeneration Time: Cold Spells -X%) and level 15 (Aspect: Cold Spells +X).  For this reason I'd recommend waiting until level 15 to do this quest if you're looking to use the special ring reward.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

You probably got this ring as the quest reward for "Settlement From Beyond the Grave," the Sorceress class quest?

I did this quest indeed, I don't remember if I got the ring from there but I think I remember it was indeed a quest reward so it must be that (and I was surely about level 7-9 while doing it so yes).

edit @Flix : it's that indeed. Now it shows boni because I'm level 271584586721-sacred2-2020-03-19-03-56-59-5

Edited by desm
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

New Item Models in v15 - Part 1

Ever since the first release I made it a project to make sure no unique items shared models with one another, as was rampant in vanilla.  The v15 release will take it a step further and make sure that no models for unique/set/legendary items will appear as normal/magic/rare random items.

In order to accomplish this I've brought in a number of new models that will be used for many of the vanilla items.  These models were imported in by Dmitriy.  If you follow Enhanced Edition (or Addendum) then you've already seen most of these, although perhaps in a different context or with different textures.

All screenshots are from the upcoming "Visual Guide to Unique Weapons" for v15.

Shields

WzFzryp.jpg  USjzDbn.jpg  UcmZbxP.jpg  jTFzmOF.jpg  BDBPb68.jpg

Also a D2F Paladin shield, Herald of Zakarum, gets a replacement.

dr1B3bu.jpg

Halberds

iFj5aX0.jpg  Ufg6e7C.jpg  HFVpLwh.jpg 

4DLT16L.jpg  1g7KWVA.jpg  wdQ3elv.jpg

Javelins

w3sUCVn.jpg  TfnU7JC.jpg  VTHBSd3.jpg  pnagh1w.jpg

hF8xIOq.jpg  BCWHgNl.jpg  4vV0JoX.jpg

Poles

DwYCL9y.jpg  bk1Emmu.jpg  HB4CrLY.jpg

Random Rares

T5X6za2.jpg  a7MeivH.jpg

• Like! 1