Diablo 2 Fallen Creatures Thread

Flix

Yeah, she hits really hard really fast, and I really can't cause her enough damage to compensate. I killed all others in that round but I need to come back at a later level for her. I'm thinking after picking Toughness at level 50. But you know, I'm playing Inferno so I need to adjust adapt and retry. :wink:

10 minutes ago, Androdion said:

I really can't cause her enough damage to compensate

Poison and Magic are her weaknesses.  Fire and Ice will not be very useful.

Small update on the Blood Raven, reaching my ninth skill made a huge difference. :D You did say +50 for Normal and I was going all Rambo on her so my fault there. She's still tough as nails, but that's cool.

3 hours ago, Androdion said:

Small update on the Blood Raven, reaching my ninth skill made a huge difference. :D You did say +50 for Normal and I was going all Rambo on her so my fault there. She's still tough as nails, but that's cool.

And what did you pick as your ninth skill?

On 5/23/2020 at 2:18 AM, Flix said:

Haha just wait til you fight all 5 at once when they're your level.  That opening volley of spells (all 5 damage types at once) is brutal.

Got to this round in Normal difficulty. Cost me my SB... :cstars:

So yeah, I get what you mean by that opening volley. First time I went against them my sabertooth (my extra life) was killed so fast I didn't even realise I was on foot! God power wasn't much of a starting help as it has been in the other rounds because they're all very fast and very brutal. It's just bam! Second time I went against them they were so aggro that just approaching the arena allowed me to pull them one by one. Flame and Ice Lord were manageable, in fact I'd say that Flame Lord is the easiest one, but Poison Lord was angrier than its usual self. Its DOT is just insane! But after a few redlines it was done. I was left with the two ten ton hammers, revamped Earth Lord and newly arrived Lightning Lord, and I've got to say one thing about them in conjunction, it's no fun! :D They're both brutal, and to me next to the Poison Lord they're actually the toughest ones. Lightning Lord's guided ball of magic and its ability to self-heal are extremely dangerous. Earth Lord may just be the absolute toughest of them all though. It managed to one-shoot my tiger and myself in less than ten seconds after a couple of minutes of back and forth. It's just brutal.

Now, after losing my SB both were more manageable, but together they're still dangerous as hell. What made such a difference you ask? If they were of my level I probably wouldn't have died, but they were already ten levels above me. Plus, I run with Inferno mode activated. Anyway, if you value your SB you better walk into this round very well prepared. If not run home and cry to momma. :P

• Appreciation 1
On 3/25/2020 at 2:10 PM, Flix said:

I've been working on a 5th elemental lord, since there are 5 damage types in the game, and the Earth Lord has been pulling double duty for physical/magic.

The Lightning Lord is attuned the "magic" damage type:

fNsjHBA.jpg

He will have his own quest line in Hissil'Ta.  In the Ruins of Khatuz where you first arrive at the swamp, Asheara and some of her Iron Wolves will be nearby to fill you in.

xIAs2COm.jpg   CwXeGMVm.jpg 

hMKQlG7m.jpg   wYl7EYmm.jpg

The Perfect Amethyst quest reward will also get moved to this quest.  The Earth Lord will reward a physical Sigil (Wol) instead.  Earth Lord is also going to get some updates - more on that soon.

Came in to say that I just realised how deadly of a trap the location of this new boss is. Not only is this elemental lord a royal pain by itself, but also it's positioned in a spot where you have an automatic defend quest with a ton of mobs running left and right. And if that wasn't enough having Wisps floating around worsens this even more. It's all fine and dandy until you see yourself stunned to hell and back and then the big boy goes "bam!". So yeah, second death as I was taken by surprise. Granted it has been a really long day and a long week after returning to work, but still, the location of this boss is anything but innocent. Proceed with caution. :scare2:

You can also clear out the area completely, then get the quest and come back and fight the boss alone.  Same for any of elemental lords.

On 5/28/2020 at 8:31 PM, Androdion said:

Got to this round in Normal difficulty. Cost me my SB... :cstars:

So yeah, I get what you mean by that opening volley. First time I went against them my sabertooth (my extra life) was killed so fast I didn't even realise I was on foot! God power wasn't much of a starting help as it has been in the other rounds because they're all very fast and very brutal. It's just bam! Second time I went against them they were so aggro that just approaching the arena allowed me to pull them one by one. Flame and Ice Lord were manageable, in fact I'd say that Flame Lord is the easiest one, but Poison Lord was angrier than its usual self. Its DOT is just insane! But after a few redlines it was done. I was left with the two ten ton hammers, revamped Earth Lord and newly arrived Lightning Lord, and I've got to say one thing about them in conjunction, it's no fun! :D They're both brutal, and to me next to the Poison Lord they're actually the toughest ones. Lightning Lord's guided ball of magic and its ability to self-heal are extremely dangerous. Earth Lord may just be the absolute toughest of them all though. It managed to one-shoot my tiger and myself in less than ten seconds after a couple of minutes of back and forth. It's just brutal.

Now, after losing my SB both were more manageable, but together they're still dangerous as hell. What made such a difference you ask? If they were of my level I probably wouldn't have died, but they were already ten levels above me. Plus, I run with Inferno mode activated. Anyway, if you value your SB you better walk into this round very well prepared. If not run home and cry to momma. :P

You fired the god power just a second before talking to accept the quest? If you talk first and then fire the god power the first volley may hit with full power.

9 hours ago, Flix said:

You can also clear out the area completely, then get the quest and come back and fight the boss alone.  Same for any of elemental lords.

Sure you can, I know that. :) But if you imagine a first timer going into it head first you'll see what I meant above. In my case it wasn't exactly a surprise because I already knew of it, but the fact the those Wisps and the Lightning Lord still struck so hard was, plus with my attention span being heavily reduced because of the tiredness of me returning to work resulted in not even being able to hear the redline sound. :D I was just dead in the spot. Not complaining though, it was my fault. But for anyone who's not expecting it it's one of those "Oh man..." surprises.

1 hour ago, chattius said:

You fired the god power just a second before talking to accept the quest? If you talk first and then fire the god power the first volley may hit with full power.

I think you're right, like you do with the potions the god power should also be activated beforehand. Live and learn I guess. :)

Anyway, dying always sucks but it's also part of the learning curve in this game. Plus, realising that some things can still kill me is a wake up call since I was running all too confident after hitting my first masteries. I guess I'm still not quite in "demigod" mode as I thought, even if I'm running a decently equipped toon in Normal difficulty. Guess I have to keep climbing the ladder with my eyes open. The challenge is more than welcomed.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/25/2020 at 2:10 PM, Flix said:

xIAs2COm.jpg

Every attack he has is fair, except for this one. It does damage and heals him, and not only that but it does so to a tremendous amount. What kind of spell is this after all? He just heals upwards of 7K on the first hit of several, and since he cycles all his spells he just heals, heals and heals.

Disclaimer, went hunting in Normal for all the Elemental Lords. The three vanilla ones (Poison, Fire, Ice) I could kill without even using a single potion. This one had me dropping health pots from the start, and regularly during the fight. I assume that it was created, much like the Earth Lord was revamped, with a higher difficulty curve in mind. But right now it feels like it's way over the curve in regards to the other three. Didn't try hunting the Earth Lord so I can't compare. Bear in mind that I'm not playing with Inferno anymore and that I have Constitution mastery, so going from no pots to a rapid 40% drop in the HP bar is bewildering. But the unfairness is that not only does he hit like that but the quoted spell heals him way too fast.

@Flix - I summon the "unbalanced" card unto the battlefield. :tongue: I couldn't kill him by the way, heals too fast and too often.

PS: Tracked down the Earth Elemental for comparison's sake, killed him as well. Trickier than its usual self (traps trump meteor shower if you ask me) but it was manageable.

The stats of all the elemental lords are identical, aside from the resistances being shuffled around.  If there's a discrepancy in power it would have to be due to the values on the spells themselves.  Most of the lightning ones are custom ones made for the mod.

That spell is Charged Bolt a.k.a Will-o-Wisp (Testa's Divine Gift).  It's used by 7 other enemies in the mod.

It's "enemy_wissen_drohnen" in spells.txt  You can remove the "et_life_heal_rel" spell token if you want to.

1 hour ago, chattius said:

enemy_wissen_drohnen

Is it a temporary buff code-wise? Will a buff removing combat art work on this?

Tried Grim Ward to no avail, the only thing that helps is Philios' power, but it doesn't last nearly enough time to prevent him from doing his cycle of spells.

I don't mind that his spells hit harder than the rest, it's just the heal that's way too intense. Still I have 24% damage mitigation from the Natural Resistance buff and he drops my HP to half quite fast, other toons would die on the spot. And sure I can deal him damage but once he starts healing he's full HP in a few seconds. Guess I'm going to hunt those three missing Denderan pieces for %LL, I don't see how else I can bring him down.

Bottom line, I think his damage output should definitely be revised.

I just tried him with my level 85 Singer/Priest Barb on hard. 61% survival bonus. He was no real problem.

Perhaps the difference are my combat art levels?

I have 88.2 in Philios godpower and 100.2 in Grim Ward. Also all stat points are in intelligence As far as I know removing a buff from an enemy is ca-level from own debuff versus ca-level from enemy buff or something like this. So high ca-levels should help, Hope it wasn't just luck.

The new build is more based on high ca-levels for all spells except Howl. I socket and look for items with +ca-level, they boost godpower level too.  I try to keep Howl spammable. So the tactic is to fire with Grimwards and a warcry if recharged while reducing the max-hitpoints with howl.

For better defense: My spell block trophy from Alchemy is like 45% I think.

Do you know what is frustrating? I did this endless quest on the Ice area from the addon to get the glacial defender shield for its ca-range. And the next login the first easy mob group drops it too ....

I think I name the new play style MachineGunGrimWard Preacher. I can have Grim Ward up all the time, it fires two times a second 3 shots each. The problem is that I didn't focus much on x% damage. So it are a lot shots, but not high in damage.

Perhaps read as many runes in grim ward as you can?

Thanks for the advice.

A question though, did Grim Ward really averted that spell from being cast? I reckon that my spell intensity is the one stat that is quite low, no need to boost it since I'm running melee all the time. I have no trouble applying Stun to him though and that's also a spell-based CA, so I'm not sure if the rune investment in Grim Ward will compensate.

Anyway, I know I'm beating a dead horse into the ground, but like I said above I still think his damage output is too much. On top of 24% DM from Natural Resistance I also have Toughness around level 50 and a decent amount of armour and spell resistance (high Willpower from the buff). And still he can cause several times more damage than any other Elemental Lord. It's just unbalanced in my opinion that I barely need health pots for any of the other four, and that for this one I can barely hold my ground without them. Same stats, same amount of resists, totally different outcome.

Maybe it's just me though, could be. :D

You don't have to keep trying to convince me; I just gave you the spell entry so you could adjust it if needed as I'm not working on another version until the Addendum comes out.  I'll add it to the to-do list.

I'm not trying to convince anyone, just handing out honest feeback and commenting on it with you folks. This isn't "Androdion's D2F" nor will it ever be, so I have to conform to how it is and live with it. It's fine, it's just a game at the end of the day.

• 1 year later...

Creature Updates for v15 - Mounts and Mounted Enemies

Time for the first in a series of posts detailing the massive amount of creature updates for the next D2F release. The one is all about Mounts.

1. Special Mounts selection (non-elite) trimmed from 7 to 4 mounts per character: 3 Ice & Blood mounts and 1 non-aspect mount. Names are also all standardized to Fallen Angel names (e.g., Wind Serpent instead of Fay Drake, Shroud Spider instead of Shadow Spider, etc.).

bjugPvO.jpg

This means that all special mounts will now have both a unique skin and a unique saddle, as well as standardized names. This reduces the redundancy of having duplicates as well as the inconsistent names.

2. Horse Saddle variety is improved.  Ascaron made 12 different horse saddles, but due to the saddles not being available for purchase or as drops, the player only ever sees the same generic fallback saddle on every horse.  Now all saddle varieties will appear across all the different horse-type mounts you can buy.

Oda9t5O.jpg   gtKVQIq.jpg   pAgMs6R.jpg

4N6GcJ9.jpg   Clctarn.jpg  

3. Improved A.I. for mounted opponents - enemy mounts are now treated like special mounts instead of horses.  This allows mounted enemies to use their spells, special moves, and buffs.

For example Goblin boar-riders can launch lightning spells, Scarab riders can summon more Du'Rach from the sands, and Kujin will now use her Berserk buff, Stun nova, and hard hits.

RP9qg95.jpg  ZIosxKP.jpg   ydzrboB.jpg

The Scarab riders also received some improved animations through this process - they now attack correctly (the rider uses his legs to activate the metal "pincers" attached to the scarab).

xYNfccK.jpg

The elite riders continue to use Pesmontis's "wasp" design - I have added some animated wings to the model for a more wasp-like appearance.  The "spawn sandpeople" ability they have is a broken vanilla CA that I reactivated.

fKGjZy4.jpg

4. New varieties of Devilkin Wolf-Riders. Now each of the three types has its own unique wolf mount (necessary to make the special mount behavior function).  You will notice the elites now have special moves, such as magic traps, poison roots, and hard hits.

4Jmf0fG.jpg   PKil2rq.jpg   8rXCE7A.jpg

5. NEW Mounted Quest Enemies

I have detailed in the Unholy Crusade Shadow thread about how you will now see knights mounted on horseback.  Urtamark Knights and Unholy Crusaders now have mounts suited to their factions.  They may appear up as friend or foe depending on your alignment.

A Griffon-mounted Paladin will also appear in the Shadow path version of the quest.

yqQWCHO.jpg   egIsf36.jpg   AeDpkXH.jpg

The devious Varmin will also appear mounted now, on the back of a fire dragon.  He appears exclusively in the Druid's classquest, as the final boss.

Jf953oI.jpg

6. Warlord of Blood

The Warlord of Blood now has a devilish steed bedecked in armor matching his own. The Warlord himself got a texture overhaul, replacing the lime green glow with hellish orange.

itXZgFC.jpg   aU47nkN.jpg

In addition to getting a new sword+shield combo, the Warlord also has a different set of abilities, including summoning the Warlord's banner which will buff him and his allies.

gHehxUE.jpg   QV2rp8s.jpg

7. Mounted Wood Elf.  Enemies are not the only NPC's receiving mounts.  Friendly Wood Elves can also be found riding Unicorn mounts in the Copper Peaks area of Tyr Lysia.  They can be found most anywhere Dark Elves are found, combating their shadowy brethren.

2CGvPQH.jpg   g9zYi8M.jpg

F723lmk.jpg   7XQwFkc.jpg

The Wood Elf who has been hanging around outside Sloeford for several years also has a "Companion of the Woods" now.  I've recreated the unicorn from Sacred 1.   :D

pPctnej.jpg   companian.jpg

8. WILD MOUNTS - Sabertooth Tiger opponent

The wild mounts was one of my very first planned projects, one I left by the wayside years ago, but recently decided to pick it up and make some of the special mounts into "wild" versions that appear as enemies.

I decided to use them sparingly, since the special mounts are meant to be very rare, exotic creatures. So fighting through swarms of Sabertooth Tigers would not do.

kQRfirO.jpg   JvrgUT2.jpg   IHIivrV.jpg

Therefore each of these tiger enemies will appear in one quest each.

Orange & Black: Warlady Darwagon's pet (The Ancestor's Chambers)

White: One of Beastmaster Trohwald's pets (A New Hope quest)

Yellow: Ragines' pet (Adventures in the Forest)

The Sabertooth enemies each have a full arsenal of attack animations, special moves, and SFX.

cUHqLww.jpg   07MWRPM.jpg

9. WILD MOUNTS - Monitor Lizard opponent

It's clear from the quests and lore that they breed and train the Monitor Lizards on Dyr-Lain, so naturally there should be some wild specimens right?  Normal-class and elite-class Monitor Lizards may spawn in a few small areas now: the "Turtle Island" off the east coast where the Poison Lord resides, and also on the high plateaus around Logaeiar.

rsDYZyt.jpg   8M8jtpg.jpg

Aside from claw swipes they like to use a poison breath attack. Elites can also launch a poison nova.

gWgKynB.jpg   TNZtlNb.jpg

10. WILD MOUNTS - Fay Drake Opponent

The Fay Drakes will spawn exclusively on the DragonSea Islands. Though they can attack in melee if provoked, they prefer to be spellcasters, and will try various methods to set the player on fire.

U6wUNBt.jpg  

They also have a unique ability that I designed, that allows them to "Self Mutate" if you leave them alone for long enough.

SEA37WV.jpg   4UGEbej.jpg

The mutated version of the Fay Drake is an elite T-Mutant, and their spells are all magic-based rather than fire.  Some will also spawn naturally.  So kill the regular ones quickly unless you want to face multiple mutants!

446MJ6y.jpg

• Thanks! 1

Oh boy. I can smell this is gonna be a big boy patch. I have like an hour at night before bed where I just chill in sacred. I am psyced for this patch. Only thing that still bothers me and it's not your fault, it's the way the game was designed is the stupid npc's 😂

• Like! 1

Creature Updates for v15 - FUR

This update is concerned with all the creatures that I was able to add the fur shader to in v15.

Yeti

I added fur to normal-class Yeti in previous releases. Now the elite and unique variants will also have it. I had to go to great lengths to trim the parts that were armor-covered so the hair didn't poke through.

VRkVWv5.jpg   4VhWwae.jpg   zUZ6LLx.jpg

The armored design used for "The Guardian" is now the elite Yeti design. The Guardian boss has been replaced completely with Frozenstein instead of sharing the spotlight in the "Prisoner of Ice" quest.

I think the plush fur helps flesh out the skinny, wiry models in a good way. Frozenstein at least slightly more resembles his namesake.

Mon-abominable1.jpg

Griffons

Griffons got the longest, thickest fur available. It works well due to the large model size.

1gvzJmZ.jpg   Alhz9u6.jpg   YErPbkg.jpg   OC4L3g0.jpg

Wolves

Wolves are using a shorter, denser fur volume map.

EhBOKNX.jpg   UqoqhJX.jpg   0YC0wd9.jpg

uvaR8QH.jpg   rqQH6XZ.jpg   WhTy7s7.jpg

Cats

The big cats got the shortest fur I could find, hopefully giving them a furred look without sacrificing their sleekness.

hPHwla6.jpg   xM90RGg.jpg  4spd2BB.jpg

ht9W1SL.jpg   ZXlTKBI.jpg   zChpJVc.jpg

Monkeys

Due to the small model size, only a short fur volume map will do for the monkeys.

3VpVLcM.jpg   Mezdqo0.jpg   ckO0vrO.jpg   imXoWaK.jpg

In v15, the monkeys on Dyr-Lain are no longer the green-eyed Monkey Demons that spit poison. They are now simply ambient background wildlife that you may see occasionally scampering around the jungles.

XvYuS5y.jpg

sweet update! i keep looking over the animals, theyve always been a love of mine from this game... and look at those monkeys... the work you did on their fur syncs their whole look even better...their faces with their naughty eyes are over the top

ckO0vrO.jpg

• Like! 1