Thinking of a new melee TG utility build

bhav

Hello. I've got a craving to play Sacred 2 again. Previously I was a huge fan of Vaclaf's lost fusion build, but I wanted to try something else, a melee version with toughness added for better survivability.

So I came up with this idea:

Blacksmith

Bargaining

EP

DG focus

Tactics Lore

Armour lore

Warding Energy Lore

Toughness

Then for the last two skills, there's a little open choice from the following:

Concentration (left at 1 point) & Source Warden Focus - for double buffs with untouchable force (mind control, calm, crumble), and also fiery embers modded with Scald and Churn - this slows enemy attacks by a huge 50% with untouchable force, and weakens enemy fire resistance to buff the fire mod on Deathly Spears, and also strengthens dedicated blow. Along with this I would take the assault mod instead of barricade on combat alert as defense is already super strong, but I would be lacking attack bonuses.

Or a weapon lore plus speed lore. This would give a huge attack bonus, even if both are left at 1 point with all skills gear, plus a little extra defense, but I prefer concentration & SW focus.

Another alteration could be combat discipline instead of toughness, but that would sacrifice a lot of defense.

Edited by bhav
  • Like! 1

Thing is though I don't like sticking to one weapon type, I would still most likely want to use Nlovaes staff over swords or hafted.

And attack bonuses can be gained from gear.

Yea I'll go with Sword Lore and Concentration, and make a Willpower based build with community patch and lightsabers :)

I just upgraded my PC, and am still trying to get stuff working, but once it is I'll be trying this out.

• Like! 1

Right well I finished sorting out my upgrades and have Sacred 2 reinstalling now (current steam installation wasn't working), and though I backed up my old save games with a lot of collected shiny loot, I deleted them all because a full new start is much more fun and drop rates are generous enough that I'll find new decent gear.

One more thing Im wondering - If Im only going to be using T Energy Shroud as a buff, do I really need Concentration?

Combat discipline would give -10% regen time, but also a lot more damage.

So which would be better out of those two?