Sacred External Data Transfer Protocol

Thorium

• 8 months later...

Hey everybody! Sorry for bumping an old thread.

Thorium, could you, please, provide a simple tutorial on how to use this and what it potentially could be used for?

Edited by Inspired
  • Like! 1
4 hours ago, Inspired said:

Hey everybody! Sorry for bumping an old thread.

Thorium, could you, please, provide a simple tutorial on how to use this and what it potentially could be used for?

Happy you discovered and made your way over to us inspired

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:woot:

gogo

On 1/19/2017 at 7:01 PM, Thorium said:

SEDTP is a interface to read out live character data from sacred while it's running. It actualy was been created by the Sacred developers to help us in our quest to make tools for Sacred. However it never was put to good use and we have been told we can't publish infos about it. I think enough time has passed, so nobody will legaly care about it. But maybe someone can still put it to good use.

It's for Sacred Underworld.

Have Fun, Thorium.

http://www.sacredvault.org/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item47

Wow, Thorium, I remember this post going up and reading it but never got back to it in time.  I wanted to say thanks for maintaining the Sacred Vault site, I just went over to it now to check, and it's a great page with a number of tools for folks wanting to work with the original game that spawned everything. That gaming took up many years of life for me, I'm always delighte to see people from the origin communities showing up...great feeling that there's still links to Sacred's great past

Thank you!

:hugs:

gogo

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2017 at 7:57 AM, Inspired said:

Just looked at the source, because it should be self explanatory. Then I noticed all the message definitions are missing. The header file with all the definitions is not included in the zip. I will look if I can find it in the depth of my backups.

It basically works by exchanging window messages. You first send a message to the sacred window to initiate the handshake. Sacred will then reply with a grant or deny message. After that you can send messages to request live character information from sacred. For example you can request the character stats while the player is playing and sacred will send them to your application.

I don't remember all the stuff you can request and it's kind of pointless without the definitions. So I will look for them. Remind me with a PM, if I don't come back here.

• Like! 1