Anyone interested in writing?

I have come across a FanFiction story that I've just fallen in love with. It's a Harry Potter/Dragonriders of Pern crossover story that makes a lot more sense to me than the original story line.

I'm currently doing extensive research on related subjects with the idea that I might attempt to add a follow-on book to the series. The original author died before he could write the final chapter of the final book so, after asking his wife if it was OK, I finished the final chapter. I think that's what got the hook solidly set.

If anyone thinks they might be interested in kibitzing while I make my poor attempt at being an author, please post below. I won't post any links to the original work unless someone shows an interest.

• Like! 1
Urban Dictionary: Kibitzing

However the common meaning of kibitzing is a person who is being extremely lazy and generally not doing what they should be. kibitzing can sometimes be ...

Really Spock ?

If however you are looking for avid readers who would be interested in commenting on your work .......

Edited by podgie_bear
  • Like! 1

I'm not the best with critical feedback re writing Spock, but I love reading about the projects and ideas the community here is about, I'd love to read what you have going

:)

gogo

A Kiebitz is the northern lapwing bird. Kiebitze have their nests on the ground and watch carefully for animals approaching. Kiebitzen was at least in german to watch people doing something without interfering.

Like being in the background kiebitzing a chess tournament to learn something. Or a boy kiebitzing girls under the shower in the sport hall.

Don't know if the english language adopted it from the german language. It's origin is said to be from the Rotwelsch language (the secret language of vagabonds, travelling robbers, ...). There it meant something like to observe for a potential escape route, robbery, whatever.

So I understood it that we are invited to watch the process in writing the book without disturbing.

I studied at the Justus Liebig University in Giessen and there Manisch, a variant of Rotwelsch, was still in use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotwelsch

I just picked up the original Pern set in one volume. Haven't got around to reading it yet. Does it really mesh with Harry Potter?

Not in the slightest. One is about a schoolboy's formative years at a boarding school for wizards and witches. The other is about colonizing a new planet and adapting the indigenous wildlife to help you survive.

I will be really interested to see how the two are meshed together!

• Like! 1

I just picked up the original Pern set in one volume. Haven't got around to reading it yet. Does it really mesh with Harry Potter?

The other is about colonizing a new planet and adapting the indigenous wildlife to help you survive.

Terficie one sentence summary, and not a single decent spoiler in it ^^

I loved this series, read it as a young adult and thoroughly enjoyed its highly imaginative world

:)

gogo

I prefer this definition.

OK, here is the information on the original author and links to the three books he wrote, at least as far as he got:

The Queen who fell to Earth, Books 1-3
Fan Fiction: A Harry Potter + Dragonriders of Pern series Crossover
Author: Bobmin356
Authorlink: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/777540/
Category: Harry Potter + Dragonriders of Pern series Crossover
Genre: Drama/Sci-Fi
Rating: M
Harry and the dragons fight to find their place and gain acceptance amidst growing international
tensions. Not all is well and good as the Weyrs threaten established powers and offer new
opportunities. Follow Harry and the dragons as they try to navigate increasingly turbulent waters of
international politics, terrorism and intrigue.

Book 1: The Queen who fell to Earth
Last updated: 03/26/2012
Words: 302411
Content: Chapter 1 to 18 of 18 chapters
Source: FanFiction.net

Book 2: On the Wings of Dragons
Last updated: 04/07/2013
Words: 365930
Content: Chapter 1 to 19 of 19 chapters

Book 3: Beneath Sovereign Skies
Last updated: 10/26/2014
Last updated, Chapter 19x: 1/19/2017 by C.M.Vining
Words: 246366+
Status: Complete but Chapter 19 on the website is not located with the main story
Content: Chapter 1 to 19 of 19 Chapters

The last chapter of the last book will NOT be there. The above information was copied from the document I've been working from which does contain the last chapter. If you read what's there from the above links and enjoy it, let me know and I will post a link to the last chapter.

If you get through everything and want more, hopefully I will have something more to read by then and you can comment on possible changes.

BTW, you don't have to be familiar with The Dragonriders of Pern to enjoy the story but it will give you an idea where it's headed. I have all the books and have read them multiple times since I was a teen and it added to my enjoyment.

Edited by Spock
  • 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, Mare said:

I love this story! Great work!

Thanks. It isn't much but I tried to make it a complete story.

8 minutes ago, Spock said:

Thanks. It isn't much but I tried to make it a complete story.

My opinion isn't so important, but , accorting to me, According to me, it is really well done.

10 hours ago, Mare said:

My opinion isn't so important, but , accorting to me, According to me, it is really well done.

Again, thanks. I just tried to upload a non-fiction piece, "Binary as Applied to Games", but found that all my so carefully laid out tables were borked in the upload, even though I used a DocX upload. Since I can't upload it there, perhaps someone here might get some use out of it:

Binary Applied to Gaming.pdf

Edited by Spock
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2017 at 11:30 PM, Spock said:

I prefer this definition.

OK, here is the information on the original author and links to the three books he wrote, at least as far as he got:

The last chapter of the last book will NOT be there. The above information was copied from the document I've been working from which does contain the last chapter. If you read what's there from the above links and enjoy it, let me know and I will post a link to the last chapter.

If you get through everything and want more, hopefully I will have something more to read by then and you can comment on possible changes.

BTW, you don't have to be familiar with The Dragonriders of Pern to enjoy the story but it will give you an idea where it's headed. I have all the books and have read them multiple times since I was a teen and it added to my enjoyment.

"If you read what's there from the above links and enjoy it, let me know and I will post a link to the last chapter." hello, I am new here but I am a fan of bobmin356 

3 hours ago, fede191811 said:

"If you read what's there from the above links and enjoy it, let me know and I will post a link to the last chapter." hello, I am new here but I am a fan of bobmin356 

Book 4 is on Google Docwand, right now, has to be read there.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7gkeHH7RMlOWTJscUhYem5aR1E?usp=sharing

• Appreciation 1