I may be absent for a while.

Spock

A little off topic... but what kind of phone are you using.. Iphone?

:)

gogo

I have an old, black rotary phone I hooked up to a car battery. It was really awkward to use until I found one of my wife's old hand bags that was large enough to hold it ...

I only use the iPhone for backup.

• Like! 1

A little off topic... but what kind of phone are you using.. Iphone?

gogo

I have an old, black rotary phone I hooked up to a car battery. It was really awkward to use until I found one of my wife's old hand bags that was large enough to hold it ...

I only use the iPhone for backup.

First phone I ever bought was the nexus 5 ... and still think that Android's OS is the smoothest, most intuitive thing ever...but the phone got log-smashed and I ended up with mom's old IPhone 5s which just got replaced (generous gift :hugs) with an iphone 6s... I still feel that Android's OS and AI is just miles ahead...but FaceTime is so clear and screenly-splendid... talking to relatives in Sri Lanka with such clarity is seeming to trump everything... this app's become a strange Android Breaker for me

:cry:

gogo

Have you tried using Skype on your PC? It offers text only or video calling and is free as long as you connect over the Internet.

• Like! 1

Have you tried using Skype on your PC? It offers text only or video calling and is free as long as you connect over the Internet.

I really like skype as well.. nothing beats its ubiquitoneous... but FaceTime still beats it for quality... I have a bunch of video calling apps on my phone, facebook, skype, viber, whattsapp...but code on Facetime is so good , clarity is incredible...and Ive also gotten sucked into Apple Pay... stopped using cash a while ago, and will always ask if stores accept plastic first... since Apple Pay works with my credit card and debit card, I never have to pull out cards anymore... only reason I have a wallet is just for bus pass and govt medicare...hoping they make these electronic too soon... oh yah and passports...

gogo

I used Apple Pay once, to see how it worked. I found out I couldn't get any discounts using it, so haven't used it since.

Finished Chapter 10 tonight, a total of 265 pages, Times New Roman, 12 point, single spaced 81/2" x 11" pages with .5" margins.

So far I've been able to stick to my "at least 25 pages per Chapter" goal.

Chapter 11 may take a little longer. The timeline has become advanced enough I need to calculate when certain characters are expected to die. They may go early but, if I at least note their maximum lifetime, I won't forget to at least mention their passing if it impacts the story.

My reference "book", "The Weyrs of Pern" is already 55 pages on it's own and it will probably never get 'published' except as occasional excerpts in the main story. I really enjoyed writing Chapter 9.

Edited by Spock
  • Like! 1

Good thing I decided to check. 6 people die within 2 years of the start of Chapter 11, one fairly major!

Three more die the next year, one is a man who helped Harry create his first Weyr. :(

Then a whole slew of people, mostly minor characters die in the next few years.

Chapter 11 is going to be really depressing to write. I wonder if I can get by by just leaving it out and jumping from Chapter 10 to Chapter 12?

Edited by Spock
  • Like! 1

I used Apple Pay once, to see how it worked. I found out I couldn't get any discounts using it, so haven't used it since.

I've LOVED every moment of using Apple Pay. Its much faster than Swipe or putting the four digit code, the stores dont get use number and I never have to take credit cards out of my wallet anymore

gogo

Good thing I decided to check. 6 people die within 2 years of the start of Chapter 11, one fairly major!

Three more die the next year, one is a man who helped Harry create his first Weyr. :(

Then a whole slew of people, mostly minor characters die in the next few years.

Chapter 11 is going to be really depressing to write. I wonder if I can get by by just leaving it out and jumping from Chapter 10 to Chapter 12?

never jump a chapter...thats the part that has the most to mine for whys of whats happening... suffuse yourself in their life, feel pain, respond and...write

reember that sick scene in tropic Thunder where robert downey davey jr was giving FECAL MATTER! to ben stiller because he said that all he was doing was emulating instead of mining rich emotional moments from which we can diagram out our new reasons reasoning and characters?

here from 7:44 genius scene

:D

gogo