The Related Word Game - 2017!

symbiosis -> wood wide web

Here the mycorrhizal network is often called wood wide web to make it more interesting. We had a meeting with forest owners private or state, leader was a prefessor for clima research. He said that because of global warming we should plant a mix of trees from different climatic zones because noone would know what would be the best tree. The test planting should have started rather yesterday than tomorrow. They had a lot of different tree seeds and young trees, from the alpes to the atlas mountains. And I said what is with the wood wide web? For a good statistical research the trees should be planted in different earth, moisture, sun angle ... and with or without all the fungus and insects which are in the roots of the new trees at their old normal places. He said oh my god a math...

And I couldn't resist to say: worse, I have a doctor in philosophy.

My belly feeling told me that my forest is just big enough for a single new type of trees, but testing 16  variations of water, earth and biological environment. Prefer to do a study rather small  but complete than a large study which has way to many variables. So 160 Baumhasel(Tree hazel)

• Like! 1
36 minutes ago, chattius said:

symbiosis -> wood wide web

Here the mycorrhizal network is often called wood wide web to make it more interesting. We had a meeting with forest owners private or state, leader was a prefessor for clima research. He said that because of global warming we should plant a mix of trees from different climatic zones because noone would know what would be the best tree. The test planting should have started rather yesterday than tomorrow. They had a lot of different tree seeds and young trees, from the alpes to the atlas mountains. And I said what is with the wood wide web? For a good statistical research the trees should be planted in different earth, moisture, sun angle ... and with or without all the fungus and insects which are in the roots of the new trees at their old normal places. He said oh my god a math...

And I couldn't resist to say: worse, I have a doctor in philosophy.

My belly feeling told me that my forest is just big enough for a single new type of trees, but testing 16  variations of water, earth and biological environment. Prefer to do a study rather small  but complete than a large study which has way to many variables. So 160 Baumhasel(Tree hazel)

wood wide web =-> methuselah

the worlds oldest tree...kept secret

https://www.faena.com/aleph/protecting-the-secret-of-the-planets-oldest-tree#:~:text=The oldest is science's best-kept secret.&text=The world's oldest tree is,name is ancient bristlecone pine.

:blink:

gogo

20 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

Methuselah => Climatology :hooyaah:

The rings of the Methuselah Tree hold the secrets of climatological history from as far back as its growth and also tell us how old the tree actually is.

How Tree Rings Can Provide Information About Earth's Past Climate

that whole storied concept of those bristle cone trees in that area have always fascinated me.  They all look like theyre about to pitch and fall down dead, and yet it is precisely for those reasons that those trees can live... and go on and on and on ...

climatology -> respect

:l_diver:

gogo

Montreal -> concept car

The Alfa Romeo Montreal was a concept car based on the Alfa Romeo Guilia and named after the Expo67 at Montreal were it was shown. I was seeing it for a short moment at a vintage car race. Then my wife was overtaking it with my NSU Prinz. The Montreal was more or less same age, more power, better aerodynamics,.. But the Prinz is WAY lighter and agile if the race is on country roads.

da997e4e-9a93-405b-8818-250de3ba93ab.htm

The type of roads where the NSU shines

5 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

expensive => Thoroughbred = $300,00.00 Arabian = $80 - 90,000.00, Friesian = $30 - 40,000.00 :hooyaah:

athlete -> Rückepferd

We have a Friesian, mainly used for a coach at weddings. Our oldest has a coach license. We have two Blue Belgiums horses (Pferd) used to move (rücken) lodges in a forest. Animal protection laws say that they are not allowed to pull more than 50% of their weight, so BIG horses are needed. In difference to coldbloods used at farmwork or to pull heavy beer coaches, coldbloods at forest work have no or only small eyepatches. They are trained to find a good way on their own. They stop if a way is too hard and trust in the leader to find a better one. Our oldest studied arboristic and forest management and is using them at very difficult and dangerous places.

Video shows trained horses with chopped trees. There are some red marks at trees showing the best pathes. After a storm there would be twisted trees and wearing protection gear is needed. Also no watchers allowed and no best paths marked. It is more try and error.

• Appreciation 1
5 hours ago, chattius said:

athlete -> Rückepferd

We have a Friesian, mainly used for a coach at weddings. Our oldest has a coach license. We have two Blue Belgiums horses (Pferd) used to move (rücken) lodges in a forest. Animal protection laws say that they are not allowed to pull more than 50% of their weight, so BIG horses are needed. In difference to coldbloods used at farmwork or to pull heavy beer coaches, coldbloods at forest work have no or only small eyepatches. They are trained to find a good way on their own. They stop if a way is too hard and trust in the leader to find a better one. Our oldest studied arboristic and forest management and is using them at very difficult and dangerous places.

Video shows trained horses with chopped trees. There are some red marks at trees showing the best pathes. After a storm there would be twisted trees and wearing protection gear is needed. Also no watchers allowed and no best paths marked. It is more try and error.

beautiful horses.  What kind of temperaments?

Rückepferd -> Rockefeller plaza

:)

gogo