The Related Word Game - 2017!

Schot -> sailing

Schot is German for a sheet at sailing. The red lines are sheets: stearboard-sheet, backboard-sheet, main-sheet. The German sailors at land say a 'Mast- und Schotbruch' to the sailors on board if a ship leaves the harbour. It is like 'fair winds and following seas' but translates as 'Breaking of the masts and the sheets'.

In German their is also the wish: 'Hals-und Beinbruch' 'Break your neck and leg'. which is just a 'break your leg' in English.

220px-Schoten.png

• Like! 1
6 hours ago, chattius said:

Schot -> sailing

Schot is German for a sheet at sailing. The red lines are sheets: stearboard-sheet, backboard-sheet, main-sheet. The German sailors at land say a 'Mast- und Schotbruch' to the sailors on board if a ship leaves the harbour. It is like 'fair winds and following seas' but translates as 'Breaking of the masts and the sheets'.

In German their is also the wish: 'Hals-und Beinbruch' 'Break your neck and leg'. which is just a 'break your leg' in English.

220px-Schoten.png

sailing -> tack

into the wind!

:viking:

gogo

tack -> rubberband gun

Evil things Chattius did when he was young. read only if you are above 8 years

Spoiler

a wooden stick, canning gum, clothspin and a TACK

Selfmade rubberband gun to hunt insects when we were kids. We didn't want the rubberband to fly away so that we had to search it. We attached it with a tack at the stick. Grandpa had horses and we were hunting nasty horseflies at point blank: 15 cm :JC_wanted:

gummigewehr.png

• Haha 1

easier -> mathematics

Our second had her physics test back with a lot of question marks. Seems our family way to calculate the distance between a point and a plane isn't well known. Do a ballon around the point and pump it up. If it is to small it wouldn't hit the plane (in the equatation the root is from something negative). If it is too big the plane wiill cut a circle from the balloon, the root is from something positive. The distance is when the balloon just touches the plane and the part below the root sign is zero. And with a zero the equatation and its solution is reduced to a one liner.

13 hours ago, gogoblender said:

rubberband gun -> easier

FL3HKH56COEP27QQ7V.webp

:lol:

gogo

You really pierce a tack in your pointing finger to attach the rubberband when you hunt horseflies? :hooyaah:

• Like! 1
7 hours ago, chattius said:

easier -> mathematics

Our second had her physics test back with a lot of question marks. Seems our family way to calculate the distance between a point and a plane isn't well known. Do a ballon around the point and pump it up. If it is to small it wouldn't hit the plane (in the equatation the root is from something negative). If it is too big the plane wiill cut a circle from the balloon, the root is from something positive. The distance is when the balloon just touches the plane and the part below the root sign is zero. And with a zero the equatation and its solution is reduced to a one liner.

You really pierce a tack in your pointing finger to attach the rubberband when you hunt horseflies? :hooyaah:

mathematics-> Ew

lol, i awful at math

:4rofl:

gogo

ew -> lawyer

If you get a credit and can't pay it back you can claim that the credit giver wasn't explaining the involved maths. So maths are not necessary to be known.

If you break a law you didn't know you can't say that you didn't knew. Not knowing a law is no excuse at court. So why make lawyers so much money with stuff everyone is considered to know and maths are underpaid compared to actors, singers and sportstars because they can stuff not many can do just like these.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvRH8FzzZH3kzASb5PguA

• zomgod! 1

Tony Lama -> Dachstein Super Ferrata MC GTX

I use my 3 different 'trekking boots' the most. The Dachstein are the newest. Daily walks through hills with forests and basalt stone - no use for cowboy boots :)

D369B3C849ABA3DBD231F038EF8FF7A23Bd0.100

• Like! 1
9 hours ago, chattius said:

Tony Lama -> Dachstein Super Ferrata MC GTX

I use my 3 different 'trekking boots' the most. The Dachstein are the newest. Daily walks through hills with forests and basalt stone - no use for cowboy boots :)

D369B3C849ABA3DBD231F038EF8FF7A23Bd0.100

Love the range of shoes.  I never hold back on running gear...it costs what it costs, its what I love to do.  I wish I could relate as easily to the glorious choices you have nearby for hiking though :D

Dachstein Super Ferrata MC GTX ->Endorphine Speed 3

my latest bad boiz

:superman:

gogo

Endorphine Speed 3 -> Samba

Adidas Samba, ever since I was 5, there was no year I wasn't wearing a Samba. First it was because the Sambas were very robust and they weren't easily destroyed playing street soccer with cola pins. At school sport they were allowed because they had a neutral gumsole, not leaving stripes on the ground in school halls. Then as a goalie on sand ground, as a teen they were in, as a student because they looked neutral and had a hard sole when using my bicycling to change from building to building and still not a nogo in auditoriums and bureaus. When I was doing my doctor three pair of Sambas was all I had in my appartment- Now with kids and grandchildren when I do not know which activity is next, take out the Sambas.

Bild.jpg&w=1920&q=100

• Like! 1

Luka Sambe -> Zen

There is an app searching for the perfect song. You can enter style, distance, run speed and step width and it searchs a song. I have too short legs compared to body after a viral infection when I was a teen. I do something what I call speed walking with all senses. I concentrate on something interesting for 10-15 seconds: bird songs, insects, flowers and then I search the next interesting impression. When I did this while at Paris for a business meeting a japanese girl asked if I would do Zen meditational running... whatever that is.

• Like! 1
37 minutes ago, chattius said:

Luka Sambe -> Zen

There is an app searching for the perfect song. You can enter style, distance, run speed and step width and it searchs a song. I have too short legs compared to body after a viral infection when I was a teen. I do something what I call speed walking with all senses. I concentrate on something interesting for 10-15 seconds: bird songs, insects, flowers and then I search the next interesting impression. When I did this while at Paris for a business meeting a japanese girl asked if I would do Zen meditational running... whatever that is.

zen -> reality

thats a cool sounding app... one of my buddies in Austria also runs in the mornings and he has an android , he is able to search filters for his music by bpm ...what a way to keep pace!

:blink:

gogo

reality -> augmented (reality)

Our second uses an app which calculates where the sun and the moon will be. The smartphone camera is pointed to the motive and positions of moon or sun are overlayed. It saves a lot of time because you can move to a place just short before the sun/moon is at the right place for a good landscape photo. It can also synchronize with a database od landscape highlights like castles if visiting unknown terrain.

YWJzOi8vZGlzdC9zL3N1bi1zdXJ2ZXlvcl80OTQ3

• Like! 1