The Related Word Game - 2017!

Schick Razor => Fleetwood Mac

Rommel, do you know why they removed the Fleetwood Mac disposable razors from the market in the late 1970s?

Spoiler

Stevie Nicks

:3lmao:

• Haha 1

Fleetwood Mac -> Nautilus

If you like FLeetwood Mac's Albatross, Nautilus is close to it. In Albatross the music tries to imitate a soaring Albatross, in ANutilus a nautilus difting in an ocean.

• Like! 1

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea  -> classic!

I remember getting a few "big" books in a box when we were kids  ... part of a childrens "washable covers" set that I think was in the washroom... lemme see if i can peel 'em off

Adventures of Tom Sawyer

The last of the Mohicans (that one was hard to read, and Im not sure I got through it)

Gulliver's Travels

Journey to the Center of the Earth

Treasure Island

All of these books had very nice, huge page illustrations.

Thrilling stuff!!

:dance2:

gogo

classic -> Erich Kästner

At summerbreaks we were at the farm of my grandparents, siblings, cousin and cousins. Boys in sleeping bags in the hay barn, girls in the former house for farmhands. There was also a box with books. Nearly all of Erich Kästner which already was read by my dad, uncles and aunts.

The Parent Trap

Emil and the detectives

The flying classroom

Dot and Anton

family -> complicated

Last generation:  When my mom calls for a family meeting it are her childrens with their families

My generation:  If I do I call for one it are my children with their familes or friends.

Next generation: If our oldest calls for a family meeting it is she, her husband and their 3 kids...

When I married my wife she became a member of my family, and I one of her family... At least for my and her parents see last generation.

My son in law is part of my close family  but I am not in his close family meaning, see next generation.

So family is a very complicated word

It is good to know that our whole family with all its subsets is something to trust on

• Appreciation 1

family => reunion

A family reunion each year at Christmas has always been a tradition in my family. My father's siblings, their children, grandmother and grandfather, and my immediate family would show up at one of our homes and have a nice, friendly, and joyous feast. It was always a wonderful time of year and the wonderful feeling of being together as a cohesive, loving group, was always something magical to look forward to. Ah, these everlasting memories etched in my mind are ones that I enjoy pondering this precious time of year. :wub:

:ded_snegurochka::JC_hurrah::connie_xmas-moose::bye::friends3::christmastree::lol::singsanta::bye::drool::):JC_gimmefive::hugs::angel:

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

family => reunion

A family reunion each year at Christmas has always been a tradition in my family. My father's siblings, their children, grandmother and grandfather, and my immediate family would show up at one of our homes and have a nice, friendly, and joyous feast. It was always a wonderful time of year and the wonderful feeling of being together as a cohesive, loving group, was always something magical to look forward to. Ah, these everlasting memories etched in my mind are ones that I enjoy pondering this precious time of year. :wub:

:ded_snegurochka::JC_hurrah::connie_xmas-moose::bye::friends3::christmastree::lol::singsanta::bye::drool::):JC_gimmefive::hugs::angel:

Love your preparations for your massive chiistmas party for your family and friends!  For the last ten years me and Schot have been spending Christmas with my cousin, his wife, their son, and grandmother, and theres a third couple that comes in . We all get along really well and love going out doors during the holidays, walking the dogs, and snowshoweing. 

Let's promise to exchange pictures this year friend!

:oooo:

gogo

• Appreciation 1

reunion -> new kid on the block

Dad was doing electrics at new powerplants so we moved a lot. I was in 9 different classes but only 3 invite me to class reunions. Most look who was member in the final year and forget that I was 2 of 4 years in their class.

Summer (boys of) -> Remix

I assume this is the original? I have never heard the original, only the cover that was done when I was a teenager... can't even remember by who... but I recognized the song and even sang along.

• Appreciation 1