The Related Word Game - 2017!

Rudolph -> swimming

In Germany the Rudolph formula is used to compare swimming results for different ages and sexes. Even I now get slower and slower each year I get more points because in my age group I am approaching the top now. Points are needed for the German Sports badge for families.

I fear you forgot to put out your shoes at 6th of decembre, the Saint Nicholas Day. So no nuts, oranges or sweets in them in morning?

Sankt Nikolaus

Christkindl Kris Kringl

7e8f9c6a3eb1476f1d7f0216201f9661--german

• Like! 1

billiard -> Carrom

Called finger billard here and it can be played in the living room with kids.

Personally I am a fan of Karambolage (carom billard). We have a Karambolage table at firefighters. Always liked the trick shots, more mathematics than pool and snooker.

Billard with holes is for pubs to earn money by inserting a coin to get the balls back from the holes.

• zomgod! 1
22 hours ago, chattius said:

billiard -> Carrom

Called finger billard here and it can be played in the living room with kids.

Personally I am a fan of Karambolage (carom billard). We have a Karambolage table at firefighters. Always liked the trick shots, more mathematics than pool and snooker.

Billard with holes is for pubs to earn money by inserting a coin to get the balls back from the holes.

Zomgod, i remember this game!!!! My parents and uncles and aunts all used to play it... someone would bring a board over, sprinkle talcum powder on it

and they'd start flicking those pucks... what a memories

carrom -> memories

:D

gogo

Carrom+Board+Game.webp

and beyond.., > beer

The favourite drinking song of mathematicians:

Aleph null bottles of beer on the wall / aleph null bottles of beer

take one down pass it around / aleph null bottles of beer on the wall

Aleph Nulll is the size of the set of all natural numbers, and is the smallest infinity and the only countable one; therefore, even if an infinite aleph-null of bottles fall, the same amount remains

https://www.I-programmer.info/programming/theory/4315-the-programmers-guide-to-the-transfinite.html

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, chattius said:

and beyond.., > beer

The favourite drinking song of mathematicians:

Aleph null bottles of beer on the wall / aleph null bottles of beer

take one down pass it around / aleph null bottles of beer on the wall

Aleph Nulll is the size of the set of all natural numbers, and is the smallest infinity and the only countable one; therefore, even if an infinite aleph-null of bottles fall, the same amount remains

https://www.I-programmer.info/programming/theory/4315-the-programmers-guide-to-the-transfinite.html

beer -> Canadian

bottle-canadian-v2.png

thrilling => flight :crazy_pilot:

(An very important thing for a first-time skier to remember is, in order to stop, point the tips at the front of your skis together.) :agreed:

flight -> Bumble-bee

Millions of years in evolution finally resulting in these perfect aerodynamics for flying no scientist can understand... Even Rimsky Korsakov honored the flight of the bumble-bee in a musical masterpiece. But as a tuba player I have to say: WITHOUT A TUBA IT SOUNDS LIKE AN ANNOYING MOSQUITO!!!

Video is funny, Many choose tuba because in an orchestra everyone gets more or less the same money. But at classics like the Slavian Dances, the tuba plays a handful tunes and the violins ten-thousands... So no wonder that this tuba player is not used to play so many tunes ;)

If I wouldn't be the only tuba player in our family orchestra I would choose the french horn part ...

• Haha 1

bumble -> Bembel

We Hessians are Barbarians. We torture tourists with Handkäs mit Musik = soft cheese slices with a mix of vinegar, raw onion pieces and caraway. Add a slice of farmers bread. The drink is apple wine in a clay pot (the Bembel) for refilling. The glas is ribbed because our apple wine is unfiltered and not clear. With a ribbed glas you do not see the swimming particles.

The ancestors of my wife from motherside (fatherside were bike racers and mechanics) were doing clay items for centuries. My wife learned to do the paintings when she was 13. She still paints and restaurants old farmer furniture with similiar paintings.

csm_Gastro_Handkaes_Apfelwein_c_Tourismu

Babel -> Yahoo

babel fish was a yahoo translator. But it was only for easy languages like English. In German it did funny results. Newspaper was printing the translations and it was more funny than the original about Mister Clinton and Miss Monica.

„Im Verlauf des Flirtings mit ihm, hob sie ihre Jacke in der Rückseite an und zeigte ihm die Brücken ihrer Zapfenunterwäsche, die über ihr Hosen ausdehnten.“

translation of the translation

While she was flirting with him she lifted her jacket in the backside and showed him the bridges of her cone-like underwear which was expanding trousers over them.

• Haha 1
On 12/16/2022 at 5:16 AM, chattius said:

Babel -> Yahoo

babel fish was a yahoo translator. But it was only for easy languages like English. In German it did funny results. Newspaper was printing the translations and it was more funny than the original about Mister Clinton and Miss Monica.

„Im Verlauf des Flirtings mit ihm, hob sie ihre Jacke in der Rückseite an und zeigte ihm die Brücken ihrer Zapfenunterwäsche, die über ihr Hosen ausdehnten.“

translation of the translation

While she was flirting with him she lifted her jacket in the backside and showed him the bridges of her cone-like underwear which was expanding trousers over them.

Yahoo -> Woot!

:)

gogo