The Related Word Game - 2017!

pinocchio -> ice cream

You can order a pinocchio in some ice cream parlors for your kids. Typically a ice cone is broken in two parts. The bigger one gives the hat, the smaller one the nose. Some use special cups.

Pinocchio-24-2-1-2-1-2.jpeg

• zomgod! 1
27 minutes ago, chattius said:

pinocchio -> ice cream

You can order a pinocchio in some ice cream parlors for your kids. Typically a ice cone is broken in two parts. The bigger one gives the hat, the smaller one the nose. Some use special cups.

Pinocchio-24-2-1-2-1-2.jpeg

Ice cream - > turkish

🎉

gogo

5 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Turkish => delight

:drool:

couldnt stand the small of rosewater when i was a kid... reminded me so much of suitcases of family who came from Sri Lanka when they opened them up and all of kinds of things would be passed out, and that smell :4rofl: 
Now, im old and wiser, and rosewater has its place... kayumbo!
delight -> joy

:D

gogo

Joy -> Freiheit (freedom)

X-Mas 1989, readiness duty at naval airwing, I wasn't firefighters yet but weapon officer in a subhunter plane. We had the TV on when it was performed. Some moments in life you just never forget. Leonard Berstein did Beethoven's 9th (ode to Joy) in Berlin short after the fall of the wall.. He let the chorus sing Freiheit when it would be Freude (joy) in the original. Interstingly both Schiller (text) and Beethoven had Freiheit and not Freude in early versions.

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/classical-news/bernstein-beethoven-ode-to-freedom/

• Like! 1
4 hours ago, chattius said:

Joy -> Freiheit (freedom)

X-Mas 1989, readiness duty at naval airwing, I wasn't firefighters yet but weapon officer in a subhunter plane. We had the TV on when it was performed. Some moments in life you just never forget. Leonard Berstein did Beethoven's 9th (ode to Joy) in Berlin short after the fall of the wall.. He let the chorus sing Freiheit when it would be Freude (joy) in the original. Interstingly both Schiller (text) and Beethoven had Freiheit and not Freude in early versions.

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/classical-news/bernstein-beethoven-ode-to-freedom/

freedom -> classical

:music:

gogo

music -> Erklärungsnot (the trouble to explain something)

How to explain to the twins that Ticket to Ride from The Beatles is probably not about a ticket to drive bus or train. The Beatles lived in the red light district of Hamburg. The Bockschein was the health ticket for prostitutes to be allowed to do their job.

Summer of 69 ... it is not about the year

cheesecake -> village baking house day

My favourite is a thin cheesecake with yeast dough from full grain spelt, a layer of poppy seed (or place some spots with a spoon in the cheese) and then a topping of Schichtkäse and some sprinkles on it as mom did it.

Schichtkäse translates as layered cheese. Quark (soft cheese) with different fat contents is poured into a container. The high fat one is more yellow, the low fat white so it gives a nice texture.

mohn-kaesekuchen-120431.jpg

• Like! 1

village baking house day -> Christmas Party

were having our delayed party with one side of the family tomorrow evening... good food beckons!

Chattius Ill have a me a bit of your delicious cheesy goodness anytime

:)

gogo

delicious -> family recipes

If I had to choose between the same menue from either a 5star restaurant or the one from mom or grandma, I would vote for the family one. Must be that I was watching them while cooking and remembering the love they put into the food, or that they we were a large family and making big portions just taste better, or memories connected with the food, or...

A german actor was saying:

A snob is someone who considers a lobster just a starter for a real good jacket potato.

With this definition I must be a snob because I really like jacket potatoes filled with Quark and would leave the lobster alive.

pellkartoffeln-und-quark.jpg

• Like! 1
6 hours ago, chattius said:

delicious -> family recipes

If I had to choose between the same menue from either a 5star restaurant or the one from mom or grandma, I would vote for the family one. Must be that I was watching them while cooking and remembering the love they put into the food, or that they we were a large family and making big portions just taste better, or memories connected with the food, or...

A german actor was saying:

A snob is someone who considers a lobster just a starter for a real good jacket potato.

With this definition I must be a snob because I really like jacket potatoes filled with Quark and would leave the lobster alive.

pellkartoffeln-und-quark.jpg

I'm with you Chattius.

A meal from mom or dads' own always trumps anything we can buy elsewhere

family recipes -> chicken curry

My aunt makes some of the best but for some reason the pix evaded me at the party a few nights ago

:blink:

gogo

chicken curry -> Mistkratzer

Our hens live in the open and have access to the dunghills and compost. Mist is dung and kratzen is scratching. So it are hens which scratch the dunghills in search for worms, maggots, mice,...

The word is most often used by restaurant chiefs who prefer hens with less taste of their own done by a diet with a special corn mix. So they can use their fine spicing. Mistkratzer have a strong taste of their own which I actually like because I grew up with it.

My younger brother with a Mistkratzer and future Mistkratzer. The cage is a protection against hawks, otter, weasels,...

Hinkelchen.JPG

• Respect! 1
6 hours ago, chattius said:

chicken curry -> Mistkratzer

Our hens live in the open and have access to the dunghills and compost. Mist is dung and kratzen is scratching. So it are hens which scratch the dunghills in search for worms, maggots, mice,...

The word is most often used by restaurant chiefs who prefer hens with less taste of their own done by a diet with a special corn mix. So they can use their fine spicing. Mistkratzer have a strong taste of their own which I actually like because I grew up with it.

My younger brother with a Mistkratzer and future Mistkratzer. The cage is a protection against hawks, otter, weasels,...

Hinkelchen.JPG

Wonderful post.  At a dinner a few nights ago at my aunt and uncles house, my cousins wife was discussing about how a *minx* had gotten into the hen house and started tearing up birds just for fun.  Apparently these animals are highly ferocious. and kill at wanton ? I'm honestly not a big fan of how she *got rid of* of the animals, I little more mercy is what my heart says, but im not a farmer out there taking care of the land so I guess Im not one to have a good judgement...still though... drowning them ? :eek: 
Interesting how the chefs wants more *neutral* meats that they can add their own flavors too...instead of wanting more gamier meats with flavor of the terroir.. of the lands and bugs ? :lol: 

Mistkratzer -> Terroir

:)

gogo

A weasel can enter a hen cage if there is a hole bigger than just two centimetres. It wants to bring its prey to its hideout but can't leave with a hen in its mouth. So it let the dead hen go, kills a hopefully smaller hen, repeat till all dead because a hen never fits in just two ceentimetres. There are weasel traps which catch them alive. Killing is forbidden here. The twins have a tame one, hand fed after the mother was killed by an eagle owl. Better than a cat, because it can enter mouseholes.

Terroir -> Terrier

Both relates to latin terra=earth. A terrier was a hunting dog which was digging into the holes of badgers or foxes. My hunting dog is a German Shorthaired Pointer because I most often need it to trail animals wounded by cars. Also she is really family friendly.

• Like! 1

Labradoodle -> Siegerländer Kuhhund

An old dog race used in the haubergs in my area. Bred for intelligence and agility, good looking was not a goal.

The Hauberg is an oak-birch coppiced woodland, in which other trees are occasionally scattered. With a cycle of from 16 to 20 years the Hauberg undergoes clearcutting or coppicing, leaving the stumps in the ground to begin growing again. Only in the 1-3 years after clearfelling is the land used for grain. In years when there is a lot of mast, pigs are kept in the Hauberg.

The Kuhhund (cow dog) used to keep the cattle -which should feed from the leaves and herbs in the forest parts short before coppicing- away from the parts used for grain.

Our Kuhhund is a very good frisbee catcher.