The Related Word Game - 2017!

10 hours ago, chattius said:

pancakes -> street photography

one of my attempts

1797679306_Vintagecar(1von1).thumb.JPG.dd276a13c9588d1b7fe215829fd42e66.JPG

Pancake lenses are very thin. It allows you to put a whole (analogue) camera in a pocket. You are not frightening people by having long tele lenses which look like a rocket thrower.

The one Henri Cartier-Bresson used

1280px-Cartier-Bresson's_first_Leica.jpg

Love the gear … chattius that image is so sharp it makes my eyes crinkle!!

did it take a long time for the exposure ?

street photography-  cars

💪

gogo

• Appreciation 1

parking -> millionaire

My wife has a two floor garage with 20 park and repair boxes from her grandpa he used for his car mechanic services. She rents a single car box for 500 euro a month mid in a big town to people who have a vintage car hobby. Will take less than 20 years and she is a millionaire from the garage alone.

The most intelligence thing I did in my life was to ask my wife to marry me :)

• Appreciation 1
9 hours ago, gogoblender said:

concrete speakers -> heavy

wont ask how heavy a speaker from concrete is

:lol:

gogo

37kg in our case for each of our 360 degree cone speakers

heavy -> brother

My wife was bandaging the feet of an old lady some years ago. When asking where the old not healing wounds were from: 'winter 1945 I was with my little brother walking to school when fighterplanes were coming. We ran for shelter under a bridge. The ice cold water made my brother shivering so I was holding him out of the water for an hour.'

She died two years ago, had no kids. But her brother has 7, 23 grandchildren, 9 grandgrand amd all were at the funeral. The heroes in a war are not always soldiers...

This song was played:

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Delta! said:

Vacation -> Gaming

I started playing Hogwarts Legacy almost completely hooked

A lot of people I know at work started playing at two… This franchise has so much cannon he must be loving and don’t forget to keep cooking and breathing OK

😄😄

gaming -> chess 

Saw two guys playing it on their cell phone and found an irresistible to watch used to enjoy playing chess a lot when I was a kid

😎

gogo

2 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Chess Board => Chess Excited!

(I'm never "bored" with Chess!)

:3lmao:

wow... all these years Steve, never knew!

you must have LOVED the netflix movie!! all those strange exotic words like giuacco piano... all come to life!

ChessExcited  -> The Queen's Gambit

:)

gogo

• Appreciation 1

tardigrades -> predaceous fungi

Remembered that our oldest had a summer vacances project for university about local predaceous fungi. She studied arboristic and it was about how these fungi interact with the roots of trees. The fungi form snares or lassos small enough to trap tardigrades or nematodes. Other aquatic fungi are like a vacuum pump which sucks in small prey. My daughter found dozens of predaceous fungi variants in our forest.

There are even fungi which can turn a tardigrade into a zombie.

Trapped nematode

trapping_ring_with_detritus_300.jpg

• zomgod! 1
2 hours ago, chattius said:

tardigrades -> predaceous fungi

Remembered that our oldest had a summer vacances project for university about local predaceous fungi. She studied arboristic and it was about how these fungi interact with the roots of trees. The fungi form snares or lassos small enough to trap tardigrades or nematodes. Other aquatic fungi are like a vacuum pump which sucks in small prey. My daughter found dozens of predaceous fungi variants in our forest.

There are even fungi which can turn a tardigrade into a zombie.

Trapped nematode

trapping_ring_with_detritus_300.jpg

Poor tardigrade! our little dancing bears

predaceous fungi -> zombie masters!

:spider:

gogo

• Appreciation 1