The Related Word Game - 2017!

On 4/22/2023 at 4:45 PM, chattius said:

GoodLife -> Marvin

I wonder if Good Life from One Republic would make Marvin happy...

I have not seen the movie. I am in two minds about it. I like the original british TV series version of it. It's a must see watch, it's very different from the movie.

I apologise in advance if this does not count. But it's the only thing I can think of that relates to it.

Dean R Stanton -> Alan Dean Foster (Author of Alien)

1783290153.jpg.cbb5c6a1735a52a1fd01fde400e7a4bb.jpg

• Like! 1
47 minutes ago, SheHawk said:

I apologise in advance if this does not count. But it's the only thing I can think of that relates to it.

Dean R Stanton -> Alan Dean Foster (Author of Alien)

1783290153.jpg.cbb5c6a1735a52a1fd01fde400e7a4bb.jpg

Alan dean Foster -> Writer

:)

gogo

• Appreciation 1
1 hour ago, Delta! said:

Writer -> J.K Rowling

love the Hogwarts Legacy game. I find it really immersive and I like the battles.

My cousins absolutely hooked on it as well Theuns :oooo:

jk rowling -> wealthy

sooooo wealthy

:D

gogo

• Appreciation 1

wealthy -> Rumpelstiltskin

In the fairietale a daughter of a miller way said to be able to weave hay/stray into gold.

Geld wie Heu haben / to have money like hay is a german saying translating as to have money to burn.

A quote that is often true:

It is often feeled as unfair when people who have only stray in their heads also have money like hay.

„Man empfindet es oft als ungerecht, dass Menschen, die Stroh im Kopf haben, auch noch Geld wie Heu besitzen.“ (Gerhard Uhlenbruck)

• Appreciation 1
2 hours ago, SheHawk said:

Rumpelstiltskin -> Gold

R.thumb.jpg.9c8efb3419e14d66b38114cc8601018c.jpg

Gold -> frypan

apparently fry pans made of solid gold cook eggs the best… They only cost a few million dollars

😄

gogo

• Appreciation 1

80's -> Neue Deutsche Welle

Begin of the 80ties cheap synthesizers allowed bands to experiment with electronic music. Many german bands were going away from singing english but in german to bring emotions better to listeners. NDW would translate as german new wave and had bands like Trio, Nena, DÖF, Peter Schilling, ..

For me as someone who had never english at school it was a nice change and just in time when I visited a dancing school for school ball.

This was first a NDW song, see second video

egg -> nest-egg

Once we had to keep our hens in the barn while quarantine because of bird-flu in the district. They were laying their eggs everywhere so we started to use nest-eggs, And no, in German Nestei/nest-egg hasn't the second meaning in money business.

Many uses:

making a location the hens should lay their eggs

or

birth control: exchange some real eggs with nest-eggs to have less chicks

or

stop egg picking: some hens lay eggs into a nest not their own. they have the bad habit to pick into eggs already in the nest to better spread their own genes. They stop aftersome tries with hard nest-eggs.

or

Living in a town must be so much easier.

71mD5d4mCVL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

• Like! 1
15 hours ago, chattius said:

egg -> nest-egg

Once we had to keep our hens in the barn while quarantine because of bird-flu in the district. They were laying their eggs everywhere so we started to use nest-eggs, And no, in German Nestei/nest-egg hasn't the second meaning in money business.

Many uses:

making a location the hens should lay their eggs

or

birth control: exchange some real eggs with nest-eggs to have less chicks

or

stop egg picking: some hens lay eggs into a nest not their own. they have the bad habit to pick into eggs already in the nest to better spread their own genes. They stop aftersome tries with hard nest-eggs.

or

Living in a town must be so much easier.

71mD5d4mCVL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

nest-egg -> chocolate

my favorite kind of nest egg!

:dance2:

gogo

• Appreciation 1
3 hours ago, chattius said:

chocolade -> caterpillar

Our oldest opened a bar of chocolade with fruit pieces when she was 5. Below the package were caterpillars. 3 years of no chocolade eating. But never in danger of overweight because of that too. The chocolade company excused with 5kilo chocolade. But all was eaten by the cousins of my daughter.

caterpillar -> inchworm

fascinated by the muppet song version of it when i was a kid

:)

gogo

• Appreciation 1