The Related Word Game - 2017!

3 hours ago, chattius said:

Dr Strange -> Doktor Faustus and Mephistoteles

Goethe's masterpiece Faust is based on the historical Doktor Faustus. Born in Wetzlar and Goethe being there as an apprentice at germany's highest court - we had a lot of Goethe at school. Better make this when our family was again in Wetzlar for some weeks I had to read all the stuff the classmates read in a year in 3 weeks...

700px-DBP_1979_1030_Doctor_Johannes_Faus

Goethe's Faust ->Paradise lost

:)

gogo

• Appreciation 1

Milton -> Whiplash

Monday at hospital because the car behind me was old and had way weaker brakes than my company car with its ceramic brakes. I was forced into an emergency braking at 120km/h when the car on the right lane before me with a trailer was hit by side winds on a high valley bridge. And all I got at hospital was tea. Milton is a tea brand here.  But I think they had Teekanne at hospital.

One week not allowed to work but to relax at home.

p.s.: Luckily I had a headrest installed fitting for my size. I managed to stop 10 metres before the sliding car with a family. The company car's inner frame is massive damaged. Think company will write it off.

• Sad 1

Whiplash -> Accident

Glad you are not injured Chattius and use the time to rest a little bit

5 hours ago, chattius said:

Milton -> Whiplash

Monday at hospital because the car behind me was old and had way weaker brakes than my company car with its ceramic brakes. I was forced into an emergency braking at 120km/h when the car on the right lane before me with a trailer was hit by side winds on a high valley bridge. And all I got at hospital was tea. Milton is a tea brand here.  But I think they had Teekanne at hospital.

One week not allowed to work but to relax at home.

p.s.: Luckily I had a headrest installed fitting for my size. I managed to stop 10 metres before the sliding car with a family. The company car's inner frame is massive damaged. Think company will write it off.

Chattius!!! Rest and recover my friend... so lucky!!!

:hugs:

3 hours ago, Delta! said:

Whiplash -> Accident

Glad you are not injured Chattius and use the time to rest a little bit

accident -> Tommorrow

always something bring coming forward!

:gogo:

gogo

Tomorrow -> car

The control test after three days wasn't showing anything new. Recovering is fine. Company car is beyond repair. Tomorrow I will spend the time at a car configurator. Electro seems still a bit too early. I need 600+ km range with 500+kg load at a speed of 180+km/h. I have to transport prototype tools to customers and the tools are heavy. The 180+km/h because with this speed I can do test install and with problems I can drive back with the tool same day.

The advantage of the diesel beast was that it had customized brakes and strengthened frame for the load.

• Like! 1
11 hours ago, chattius said:

Tomorrow -> car

The control test after three days wasn't showing anything new. Recovering is fine. Company car is beyond repair. Tomorrow I will spend the time at a car configurator. Electro seems still a bit too early. I need 600+ km range with 500+kg load at a speed of 180+km/h. I have to transport prototype tools to customers and the tools are heavy. The 180+km/h because with this speed I can do test install and with problems I can drive back with the tool same day.

The advantage of the diesel beast was that it had customized brakes and strengthened frame for the load.

Bravo Chattius, very happy to hear that you're feeling better and your recovery is en route! :superman: 

car -> truck

gogo

On 5/13/2023 at 4:20 PM, Hooyaah said:

Palm Reader => mystic

I don't get it, last word was Giddyup, not Palm Reader (Kolter -> Giddyup!) Where did Palm Reader come from, can anyone answer me that. As I am confused. Sorry all in advance.

Post.thumb.jpg.9d52afde8e282d8f39c7d9494ef8e34a.jpg

Edited by SheHawk
5 hours ago, SheHawk said:

I don't get it, last word was Giddyup, not Palm Reader (Kolter -> Giddyup!) Where did Palm Reader come from, can anyone answer me that. As I am confused. Sorry all in advance.

Post.thumb.jpg.9d52afde8e282d8f39c7d9494ef8e34a.jpg

I’m sorry she hawk. Sometimes this happens and words get messed up in the topic people are posting from all over the world and have lag or different  time zones. It can  mess-up the order best to just go with the flow and find another beautiful word. 🥰

Have a beautiful Friday and a beautiful weekend!

😍

gogo

• Like! 1
On 5/19/2023 at 12:53 PM, gogoblender said:

I’m sorry she hawk. Sometimes this happens and words get messed up in the topic people are posting from all over the world and have lag or different  time zones. It can  mess-up the order best to just go with the flow and find another beautiful word. 🥰

Have a beautiful Friday and a beautiful weekend!

😍

gogo

Thank you for the explanation Gogo, much appreciated. Sorry for being confused. You have a beautiful day too

• Appreciation 1

Gerund -> Brother Grimm

Understanding a gerund is impossible. We had gerundium and gerundivum at latin classes. In German there is no direct equivalent. Jakob Grimm tried to define a gerundium in German. While researching for their dictionary of the german language they collected fairytales

The Deutsches Wörterbuch was begun by the Brothers Grimm in 1838 and the initial volumes were published in 1854. Unfinished at the time of their deaths, the dictionary was finally completed by a succession of later scholars and institutions in 1961.

German_dictionary.jpg

• Appreciation 1
11 hours ago, chattius said:

brothers grimm > Look Who's Back

Lincoln hunting Zombies, Grimm's witches,.. There are many movies about historical persons doing strange things. There is even a parody about Adolf Hitler waking up in 2014 modern germany. He can't agree with what he sees and tries to change it but most people consider him as a standup comedian with a bit of truth in what he says.

Look who’s back —> hailleys comet

🤩

gogo

• Appreciation 1
3 hours ago, chattius said:

knock-out -> corrupt

Whenever there is money involved there is corruption. Axel Schulz was way better than Foreman but money interests made Foreman the winner. Foreman refused a refight. Then Schulz was fighting Botha. Botha was winning but he was proved to be doped with high antipain drugs. Again Schulz wasn't declared the winner. Was this time when I decided to never watch a box match again.

Never been to a boxing match... but a lot of my uncles were big fans... heck even the flintstones were

:D

corrupt -> angle

gogo

• Appreciation 1