The Related Word Game - 2017!

Retriever -> Small Münsterländer

Most versatile dog I ever had, Grew up with them and except army and university I always had one as a family and hunting dog.

http://www.vetstreet.com/dogs/small-munsterlander

small-munsterlander-1-645mk062411.jpg

The site above says health problems. But this is mainly because there is only a small number of dogs outside europe so a small genetic pool. My Münsterländers reached ages from 14-17 years. The Leonbergers we had for the kids as guard and water rescue dogs were 130 pound monsters and had a way less life span. But with all kids being excellnt swimmers by now I will use Münsterländer again. Fear the oldest Leo won't survive the winter.

River -> Lahn

The river I learned swimming, diving, canooing, ...

Probably noone outside Germany knows the river. But the marble from its banks is worldwide used.  If you visit the Empire State Building:

800px-New_York_-_panoramio_(88).jpg

Or the Erimitage in Saint Pertersburg, or the palast of the maharadscha of Tagore or ....

Food -> Milbenkäse

My niece made it for writing on her thesis for university. She studied if the cheese could help people allergic to house mites. It did in many cases. But ...

Milbenkäse ("mite cheese"), called Mellnkase in the local dialect and often known (erroneously) as Spinnenkäse ("spider cheese"), is a German speciality cheese. It is made by flavouring balls of quark (a type of soft cheese) with caraway and salt, allowing them to dry, and then leaving them in a wooden box containing rye flour and cheese mites for about three months. An enzyme in the digestive juices excreted by the mites causes the cheese to ripen.

... There are mites still living in the crust when you eat the cheese-

EW -> Vieux-boulogne

Limburger is not super stinky. The smell is from using a bacteria called Brevibacterium linens. It is in many cheeses. I use it myself for selfmade Handkäse. And yes Handkäse can get the same mild aromatic smell a ripe Limburger can get. You see this 0,5% fat and pre-riped Farmer's Handkäse? It is made in Hüttenberg at the street to Wetzlar. Hüttenberg produces 60% of all german Handkäse and sold it to Frankfurt and Mainz a lot.

Wetzlar is 2 miles from Hüttenbeg and exact the place I grew up and my mom still lives. So I got used to this cheese from early on. It is a mild aroma, really :P

handk%C3%A4se.jpg

Do you know that these cheeses allready saved millions of lives? Not for their health boosting contents but because Mosquitos like the smell and die to the billions in traps with that special cheese aroma.

The record stinker and world record holder is Vieux-Boulogne cheese. It is produced way different to Handkäse and has 45% fat and is hard.

fromage-vieux-boulogne.jpg

• Haha 1

piano -> electric zither

9 Years back I bought a wooden thing with lot of strings on a garage sale for 60 Euro. My brother repaired it, tuned it and taught our third to play it. One year ago the Concert Zither (from a famous builder, didn't know before) was sold for 4800 Euro because our third wanted to play something more modern. The something more modern was a electronic zither.

She is happy with it because it allows here to play all the old songs from the zither but also modern songs normally on an e-guitar. No stupid talks at school anymore about playing zither.She is in the school band now.

If you have never seen one:

Our's is not the 86 string beast of the Blue Man Group, ours is more like this:

• Like! 1