The Related Word Game - 2017!

trial and error -> balance

Parents allways have to find the right balance in allowing mistakes so kids learn and preventing too big mistakes which would cause permanent harm...

And it is even more complex the more kids you have, you allowed your oldest, considered it a mistake and not allowing it to following kids. Or the other way around, you were not allowing it to the oldest but with better parents skill you would allow it to the younger kids.

fish -> Macropinna microstoma

We call it Glaskopffisch (glass head fish) , English it is barrel eye fish. It belongs to the family of spook fishes. Watch the video. It is a really funny fisch. Where the eyes should be are nose holes, and the eyes are big barrels with big green lenses pointed upwards. All is covered by a thin skin which is like glas. When the fish is brought out of it depth the water pressure destroys the skin. So it took quite some centuries to know how funny this fish really is.

• Like! 1

ripley's believe it or not -> Hä?

There are no Ripley's in Germany and I first thought 'Alien:)'.

We here in Hessen are very polite but also lazy. From The Hessian->English dictionary:

Hä ? ... Excuse me Sir, could you please be so kind to repeat your statement. I couldn't hear(understand) you well

Sadly when I visited schools outside Hessen no teacher understood the 'Hä' or that it was a very kind question.

T_shirt: HÄ a full Hessian sentence

wannde-stolz-bischd-aus-hesse-zu-kumme-u

egress  -> piers anthony

anyone remember this author? he loved writing novels featuring puns as center pieces in the story line as magical creatures... I vaguely remember an egress as a novel once?

:D

gogo

2 hours ago, gogoblender said:

egress  -> piers anthony

anyone remember this author? he loved writing novels featuring puns as center pieces in the story line as magical creatures... I vaguely remember an egress as a novel once?

gogo

Funny. We read the german translation of Xanth 'trilogy in 20+' books 20? years ago. Our third discovered it in the barn again when corona started and public libraries down.

Golem in the gears

Egress was when evil com-pewter could change reality and locked the heroes. He did several guards from what he thought the heroes would fear. 'I fear the egret with his big pointed deadly peak' 'No his wife is even more deadly',  so com-pewter created the deadly female egret, an egress.

Golem_in_the_Gears_cover.jpg

Piers Anthony -> Prostho Plus

Bought 13 times, to all the dentists in the list of friends, not that we have bad teeth, first semesters dentists and other docs share classes ;)

The universum has anything, except a good dentist. So Aliens seek help on planet Earth. Satisfied by the good work of a terran dentist they didn't pay but kidnap him. He is sold from planet to planet as a slave whenever a very important alien needs dental work. Finally he is allowed to the space academy of dentists and rescues the universe.

519A4J3RH5L.jpg

10 minutes ago, chattius said:

Funny. We read the german translation of Xanth 'trilogy in 20+' books 20? years ago. Our third discovered it in the barn again when corona started and public libraries down.

Golem in the gears

Egress was when evil com-pewter could change reality and locked the heroes. He did several guards from what he thought the heroes would fear. 'I fear the egret with his big pointed deadly peak' 'No his wife is even more deadly',  so com-pewter created the deadly female egret, an egress.

Golem_in_the_Gears_cover.jpg

Piers Anthony -> Prostho Plus

Bought 13 times, to all the dentists in the list of friends, not that we have bad teeth, first semesters dentists and other docs share classes ;)

The universum has anything, except a good dentist. So Aliens seek help on planet Earth. Satisfied by the good work of a terran dentist they didn't pay but kidnap him. He is sold from planet to planet as a slave whenever a very important alien needs dental work. Finally he is allowed to the space academy of dentists and rescues the universe.

519A4J3RH5L.jpg

Yes!! Chattius, thats it... YOU GOT IT

and i actually LOVED the dental series... lol he had wonky ideas! Wasnt the first story in prostho plus actually a short story in a collection of his works ?

:hugs:

gogo

Piers Anthony -> Punny

gogo

Mockery -> Volkswagen Sharan

Friends made a lot of fun when our third was born and again a daughter. I got a VW Sharan toy car, a Sharan poster, ... Never bought a Sharan -  but this was the TV-Ad the jokes were based on.

• Haha 1

Mom's SUV -> learner.

I learned to drive with my "mom's SUV" had to sit on a pillow to be able to see over the dashboard. My dad taught all 3 of us at very young ages. On dirt roads where there was very little traffic and the only thing you might hit "eventually if you manage to get that far are the wooden-wire fence posts... we would drive only in first gear and it was mostly getting used to using the pedals to pull away and stop etc...

learner -> Lamborghini

I was forced allowed to drive the family vehicles as soon as I could press the pedals. First a Lamborghini with 6, then a Porsche with 8, a Mercedes Unimog with 12 on own fields, on public roads with small bike license aged 16 and then finally when I was 18 (car license age here) I was allowed for the Volkswagen 412 of the family ;)

One of my grandgrandmas was from italy. One of her 6 brothers worked as a tractor designer. So the first tractor my grandgrandpa bought was a Lamborghini. Nice tractor for pulling, but the Porsche was able to use landmachines for horses with a little modification and my family still used horses and cows till end of the seventies -- too steep hills and forest ways very narrow.

Funny story when Mr.Lamborghini wanted to buy a sportscar at the nearby factory of Mr.Ferrari.  Mr.F made a joke why a tractor builder would need one of the best sportcars. Mr.L got angry and designed an engine and a sportscar himself.

1200px-Lamborghini_22PS_1951.jpg

800px-Porsche-Diesel_AP18_(1956,_18_PS).

VW 412, advanced Beetle, boxer engine in the rear, second cargo room in front, 

025_101.JPG