The Related Word Game - 2017!

16 hours ago, chattius said:

debt -> consideration

Slightly negative(!) interests when taking a credit. My life insurance was running out and got the money. The bank would have taken 0.5% of it each year. I took a credit at 0% interests and the insurance money to buy some more ground and forest around the borders of what we already have. If the kids will build houses they now have the ground already.

consideration -> experience

I always thought about debt as a black or white issues.. absolutely dont have it ! :viking: but.. in these later years, can see that running low levels of debt while ensuring some cash flow, perhaps putting towards savings etc... looks like everything can have a place

:D

gogo

• Like! 1
On 10/13/2021 at 12:17 AM, gogoblender said:

I'm heart broken to hear this as well Theuns... if you want to chat in the cafe got ears for a friend :hugs: 

:heart:

gogo

Thanx gogo. Will chat when I have time...

Work has been busy, going to be moving in 6 weeks, work is getting busier, we have 7 new students and they can not be left alone for a second or they make a mess from everything.

On 10/12/2021 at 5:34 PM, chattius said:

Sorry to hear this

engagement -> alliteration

In German it is verliebt, verlobt, verheiratet = in love, engaged, married

thank you Chattius.

On 10/13/2021 at 1:09 AM, Hooyaah said:

poetry => Haiku

Cool summer’s dusk comes
Fireflies dance in moon-lit skies
Agog I am awed

- Steve

I am very sorry to hear about this, Theuns. However, I respect the fact that you realize that you deserve far better. Because you know that you are a rare gem. I trust that you will find someone much better, a person who treats you in a loving manner, not one who feeds you lies which amount to a denial of love, such a thing is but a fabricated relationship, a "pretend existence". I know this to be so. :agreed:

Thank you for the support and encouraging words Hooyaah. I actually feel really good about the break up. have much more freedom, the flat is clean, I have more money... I am just excited... meeting new people. :almirena_01::JC_gimmefive::friends3:

• Appreciation 1
5 hours ago, Delta! said:

Thanx gogo. Will chat when I have time...

Work has been busy, going to be moving in 6 weeks, work is getting busier, we have 7 new students and they can not be left alone for a second or they make a mess from everything.

thank you Chattius.

Thank you for the support and encouraging words Hooyaah. I actually feel really good about the break up. have much more freedom, the flat is clean, I have more money... I am just excited... meeting new people. :almirena_01::JC_gimmefive::friends3:

you sound steady and speaking like you're on a path.. we are always here old friend!!

:hugs:

gogo

solace -> bridges

Bridges prevent people from living isolated.

Seven bridges- Old song from east german band Karat, very successful covered by west german Peter Maffay and finally Chris de Burgh did an english version on his Footsteps2 album with songs which inspired him.

After around 16 seconds in the video you see a bridge with love locks, one of them was from me and my wife :)

The city of cologne feared the weight of all the locks and removed them. One month earlier we found our lock and I removed it with a bolt cutter. The lock is now in our home, because to bring luck the key had to be thrown into the river.

The song is about the up and downs in life. Former German president Gauck was choosing it at the ceremony when he was leaving.

The Maffay version in German:

• Like! 1
8 hours ago, chattius said:

solace -> bridges

Bridges prevent people from living isolated.

Seven bridges- Old song from east german band Karat, very successful covered by west german Peter Maffay and finally Chris de Burgh did an english version on his Footsteps2 album with songs which inspired him.

After around 16 seconds in the video you see a bridge with love locks, one of them was from me and my wife :)

The city of cologne feared the weight of all the locks and removed them. One month earlier we found our lock and I removed it with a bolt cutter. The lock is now in our home, because to bring luck the key had to be thrown into the river.

The song is about the up and downs in life. Former German president Gauck was choosing it at the ceremony when he was leaving.

The Maffay version in German:

Never heard of a love lock before...and that image of all the locks of different makes and colors all adorning the bridge is wonderful... great charming piece of our human past...

bridges -> bridge candy

its concept is always pleasant.. .who does not love surprises!

lowney.jpg

Skullcandy -> bike helmet

Savety and law don't allow ear pods here when driving a bike. The speakers have to be installed into the helmet. My helmet is a Schubert C4 Pro. The front part can be folded up at low speeds, at full speed it is aerodynamical nice, no loud wind noises at 200km/h, else integrated speakers would be useless, or? Also sun glasses can be folded before your eyes while driving. At a crash the helmet can be removed quite savely and quick my rescue people.

But the price is of cause way higher than for just ear pods. So I am buying a new one every 5 years to be up to date, regarding savety, laws and sound. I use my bike for work mainly so I can put the helmet on my tax reducing list which allows new stuff every 5 years.