The Related Word Game - 2017!

spy -> old houses

Spion is german for spy. It is also used for small holes in houses used to watch the street before the house for danger. In use before wide-angle door spy optics or now cameras. On the link below move the mouse to the opening the old lady sits.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Kindberg_Hauptstraße_74_aus_2010_Oh.jpg

Or here, where Beethoven lived for a while, the very small 'window' placed 90 degree to big windows to look for hidden people you won't see through the big ones.

524px-M%C3%B6dling_Hauptstrasse_79.jpg

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, chattius said:

spy -> old houses

Spion is german for spy. It is also used for small holes in houses used to watch the street before the house for danger. In use before wide-angle door spy optics or now cameras. On the link below move the mouse to the opening the old lady sits.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Kindberg_Hauptstraße_74_aus_2010_Oh.jpg

Or here, where Beethoven lived for a while, the very small 'window' placed 90 degree to big windows to look for hidden people you won't see through the big ones.

524px-M%C3%B6dling_Hauptstrasse_79.jpg

Old houses -> mansion

delightful reveal chattius.. made this dark  morning a little brighter 

🤩

gogo 

chateau -> Fettnäpfchen

My daughter travelled south france for half a year, doing an aroboristic practica and she did it. A Fettnäpfchen was a pan with fat placed near the oven to keep the fat oily. Sometimes visitors accidently put a step into it, spoiling the oil, resulting in a lot of work for the housewife to clean it up.

The german saying: Ins Fettnäpfchen treten = to step in the pot with the fat , is best translated as : to put a foot in something. Probably it has the german origin.

So why Fettnäpfchen; South france is proud of their not written occitan language and it is a Mas there. My daughter got angry looks when she asked for the direction to a winery naming it chateau.

640px-Occitan_Lenga_Oficiala.jpg

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Delta! said:

Cauldron -> Potions

As a first year, all hogwarts students must get a cauldron, standard size pewter.

Who did not love her beautiful worlds with so much details I think all of us could reread the first book Over and over

potions -> pencils

💪

gogo

talent -> hail

Bible says in revelation hail stones weighting one talent = 75-100 pounds. A talent is nice to have, my weight is two talents and you can guess if it is closer to 150 or 200 pounds :)

• Respect! 1
3 hours ago, gogoblender said:

drawing - > Talent

Wish I could draw!

image.png

gogo

I could teach you, if you are really serious. I have a degree in Fine Art.  :chattius:

hail => stone

• Appreciation 1
16 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

I could teach you, if you are really serious. I have a degree in Fine Art.  :chattius:

hail => stone

What a gift Steve!! These are loooong winter days here now, and south to the land of bbqs and learning to draw has a good warm charming draw to it friend :d_dance:

stone -> henge

:D

gogo

• Like! 1
10 hours ago, gogoblender said:

What a gift Steve!! These are loooong winter days here now, and south to the land of bbqs and learning to draw has a good warm charming draw to it friend :d_dance:

:D

gogo

^ Rommel, you should begin with contour drawing until you reach some proficiency with outlining the human figures. Then, gesture drawing should help you learn to capture the essence of a figure and its movement. Afterward, move on to shading. Toss a light blanket on a table or chair and try capturing its many folds. I recommend using vine charcoal and newsprint paper. Both are inexpensive and will allow you to go through lots of practice drawings.

Henge => numerous

There are approximately 100 Henges scattered about the United Kingdom.

:connie_xmas-moose:

• Appreciation 1

9 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

^ Rommel, you should begin with contour drawing until you reach some proficiency with outlining the human figures. Then, gesture drawing should help you learn to capture the essence of a figure and its movement. Afterward, move on to shading. Toss a light blanket on a table or chair and try capturing its many folds. I recommend using vine charcoal and newsprint paper. Both are inexpensive and will allow you to go through lots of practice drawings.

Henge => numerous

There are approximately 100 Henges scattered about the United Kingdom.

:connie_xmas-moose:

All you need is a angry person to improve your painting...

Being in 11th class we had to take either music or painting. I was of cause choosing music, But with 3 of the music teachers either pregnant or in hospital I lost in the lottery who had to 'choose' painting. The theme was early Chromoluminarismus. Most normal people call it the modern way: Pointillismus, not so my teacher. We had to do a portrait of our seat neighbour in the class when he/she was doing a portrait of me.

'That is not me, you can do better...' an angry neighbour said. So I watched her carefully (nice girl btw) and watched her style. I got a real good mark for the portrait, was using very bright shining colours like Seurat did. And I took a picture with the camera, made one positive and one negative film copy to make the contures on the aquarell paper (seems I was the only one with this). Same effect as today applying a matrix like

(1 0

0 -1)

on a digital picture. Where the colour is same as in the neighbour pixel the result is 0 = white, only edges have a colour. Nice to have a big sister who was a trained photographer.

Numerous -> Chromoluminarismus

2560px-Baigneurs_a_Asnieres.jpg

• Haha 1

Pointillism -> data points

for those two reasons I the first time i read about pointillism... kind of a oracle forward on how our perceptions of our world will change, and all comprised of data points, all recordable and reproducable

:blink:

gogo

data points => pixels

(Interestingly, if one is "pixelated" one is "led astray by pixies.":faerie: So, are we ever "led astray" by media on a screen full of pixels?)

:3lmao:

• Haha 1