The Related Word Game - 2017!

Food -> Pork Belly

For the first time, I am making a pork belly. Started by sauteing onions and ginger in my Instant Pot. added some chili paste, and dry spices, like aniseed,  Sichuan pepper, chinese 5 spice, bay leaves, and cloves. seared of the skin side of the pork belly in a hot pan, then added that to the instant pot with (don't judge me now) stock cubes, soya sauce, fish sauce, a bit of water and drizzled a bit of honey on the skin that just stuck out over the liquid.

Pressure cooked on low for 2 hours 15 min. Meanwhile I cleaned up, washed dished, put laundry in the machine, vacuumed spots that the robot cleaner does not get to, made the bed, fed my snakes and cleaned their enclosures, and played Sacred 2. Then I sauteed some more rough chopped onions, red bell pepper, more whole garlic, sweet potato and butternut in a Le Creuset oven dish. Once the Instant Pot was done pressure cooking, I transferred the contents into the Le Creuset and poured the liquid in. and now it goes into the oven for another 2 hours (minimum). I shall check on it later. going to serve it tonight with some steamed bok choi, peanuts and I'll see what other greens are available... To be enjoyed later with a Delicious Shiraz. not sure which one yet.

• Appreciation 1
12 hours ago, Delta! said:

Food -> Pork Belly

For the first time, I am making a pork belly. Started by sauteing onions and ginger in my Instant Pot. added some chili paste, and dry spices, like aniseed,  Sichuan pepper, chinese 5 spice, bay leaves, and cloves. seared of the skin side of the pork belly in a hot pan, then added that to the instant pot with (don't judge me now) stock cubes, soya sauce, fish sauce, a bit of water and drizzled a bit of honey on the skin that just stuck out over the liquid.

Pressure cooked on low for 2 hours 15 min. Meanwhile I cleaned up, washed dished, put laundry in the machine, vacuumed spots that the robot cleaner does not get to, made the bed, fed my snakes and cleaned their enclosures, and played Sacred 2. Then I sauteed some more rough chopped onions, red bell pepper, more whole garlic, sweet potato and butternut in a Le Creuset oven dish. Once the Instant Pot was done pressure cooking, I transferred the contents into the Le Creuset and poured the liquid in. and now it goes into the oven for another 2 hours (minimum). I shall check on it later. going to serve it tonight with some steamed bok choi, peanuts and I'll see what other greens are available... To be enjoyed later with a Delicious Shiraz. not sure which one yet.

Dang theuns that sounds too good!! I was thinking for a long time with the medias fascination with pork belly for a while… That it is loan cost and very flavourful the only thing is that the texture of fat has always made me gag when I was a kid ROFL I’m just wondering if after your treatment of it it will taste different from what fat taste like usually… I love your share of your cooking and especially loved how you worked in your day of work and cleaning into it while this delicious long cooked dish comes to fruition I hope you’re able to take some wonderful pictures of your work will probably taste as wonderful as you are delicious desserts that you have been creating for years here

commodity ! Valuable

🏅

gogo

3 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Dang theuns that sounds too good!! I was thinking for a long time with the medias fascination with pork belly for a while… That it is loan cost and very flavourful the only thing is that the texture of fat has always made me gag when I was a kid ROFL I’m just wondering if after your treatment of it it will taste different from what fat taste like usually… I love your share of your cooking and especially loved how you worked in your day of work and cleaning into it while this delicious long cooked dish comes to fruition I hope you’re able to take some wonderful pictures of your work will probably taste as wonderful as you are delicious desserts that you have been creating for years here

commodity ! Valuable

🏅

gogo

Valuable -> assets

I unfortunately did not take pictures of the food gogo. But It had a bit of a bite from the chili and all the spices gave it a wonderful aroma. Did not need amy seasoning as the soya saucr gave it enough saltiness and the sichuan peppper added more flavour. The fat was cooked out pretty well and the vegetables where soft.

I served it with tenderstem broccoli, seared radacio and peanuts. I have never had radacio before, and it was interesting. The leaves are quite crazy-looking and acidic which also helped break through the richness of the meat and sauce.

I have been quite absent on DarkMatters. And I miss posting here.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

• Appreciation 1