The Related Word Game - 2017!

krypronite -> Transfermium Wars

The discoverers of new chemical elements had normally the right to name them. Element 108 was discovered at GSI in Darmstadt/Hesse/Germany. The GSI was created mainly by the state of Hesse so they wanted to name it after the state Hessen.

Hessium after the state of Hessen. But Hess was the second after Hitler so a nono in many countries.

Chattium after the old roman name Chattii for the people in Hessen (yes, my nick is a wordplay with cats and chattii). But speaking sounded to much like Cadmium.

Finally choosen was Hassium, ancient german writing of Hessen. But some people at GSI said that it was named after the german word for hate = Hass after the years long disbute about the naming.

I studied philosophy (maths belonged to that department) at Justus Liebig University, also in Hessen. The physics were leading in heavy ion engines for rockets so they co-worked with the GSI. We maths did many of the calculations. The Transfermium Wars were for some years more popular there than Star Wars.

• Like! 1

Underwear -> hightech

As a former goalkeeper and now grandpa who still plays a bit in the company team at benefit tournaments, the pants for a goalie are hightech.

It has to be warm because you can't run to warm up.

Padded, because on countryside you often play on sand and ash fields, not always gras.

You often land in mud pits below the goal pole, so it has to keep water out but lettting the sweat out.

While flexible enough to allow me to jump like my name giving cat - it has to fit tight because you don't want the pads to move.

select-torwart-thermohose-schwarz-s.jpg.

The gloves have cuts to insert fingerprotectors stripes. The stripes allow make a fist but prevent a overbending in the other direction.

sch%C3%BCtzt-fingersave-vor-Verletzungen

Being a goalie is more and more hightech. When I started mon was creative on the sewing machine with the protections...

• Haha 1

goalie -> Bert Trautmann

It is said that he did more for the afterwar relation ship between German and UK than all politicians together.

Iron Cross First Class: 1942

FWA Footballer of the Year: 1956

English Football Hall of Fame: 2005

Germany's Sports Hall of Fame: 2011

Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany: 1997

Order of the British Empire: 2004

Our oldest got a signed photograph from him. He was her hero as a goalie. He went famous at the 1956 cup final when he continued playing with a broken neck because there were no replacement players allowed.

• Like! 1