The Related Word Game - 2017!

2 hours ago, chattius said:

rolex -> Watch 1505

Peter Henlein created the world's first watch 1505 in Nürnberg.

German_-_Spherical_Table_Watch_(Melancht

500 years of watches … would never leave mine home

watch - eyeball

🧟‍♂️

gogo 

careful -> drop kick

Remember when I was holding our oldest daughter the first time. The looks of my wife, the nurse, the doc as if I would do anything wrong in holding. Feard they knew that I was a goalie and heard this old soccer joke:

'At the christianisation of the baby of the mid forward he accidently dropped it. The goalie who was godfather did a big jump and caught it just before hitting the ground. Big applause, and as he was trained he bounced it on the ground and did a drop kick to the left forward at the other side of the church.'

I once did a field goal as a goalie. Already in overtime and we were 0:1 back. Cornerball and whole team was around the opponents goal. Our topscorer missed the goal and I was running as fast as I could back to my goal. I saw the ball flying towards me, stopped, let it drop on my breast, to the ground and did a drop kick as far as I could and continued running to my goal. Then a whistle and I thought :eek: 0:1 lost and then all my teammates came running and gratulating: 1:1. My panic kick scored at 68 metres distance because the other goalie wasn't back in his goal after he did his drop kick. And I wasn't seeing my only field goal as a goalie.

I tried to repeat it in training, never succeeded this far away

5 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

vacation => Gogo's? :lol:

gogo"s  -> Barbados 

Thats me own vacay coming up in three weeks with the Fam

... our friends wedding anniversary from High School...this is a pic from their wedding years ago I'm second from the left and my brother to the right 

, maybe well try and do a redux on it again this year 

2013-04-13 18.29.13.jpg

:)

gogo

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, Hooyaah said:

Barbados => tropics:l_diver:

Rommel, you and your brother look so much alike! :twitch:

ahahh, yah u know i never thought of it, but yah looking back ! Thanks Steve, that was a nostalgic perspective :hugs:

tropics -> Beach

were gonna stay here.. i am NEVER leaving the beach for that week... cept maybe to refill the rum

:cow:

gogo

• Like! 1

Piña Colada -> Chartreuse Verte

'UBIK'

2parts Williams Christ Pear Brandy

1part Chartreuse Verte

1part Elderberry Liqueur

1part citron juice

shake with ice and pour in glas

Was mixing this a lot at last wedding party, called 'Ubik' here. I am not the best cocktail mixer, but I am the one who has to drive all the drunk with the mini-bus after the party. So I am normally on the other side of a bar.

• Like! 1

Red Dwarf -> Space Patrol – The Fantastic Adventures of the Spaceship Orion

Think Red Dwarf didn't air in free TV here. I grew up with the above. Only 7 episodes but they became cult.

"What may sound like a fairy tale today may be tomorrow's reality. This is a fairy tale from the day after tomorrow: There are no more nations. There is only mankind and its colonies in space. People have settled on faraway stars. The ocean floor has been made habitable. At speed still unimaginable today, space vessels are rushing through our Milky Way. One of these vessels is the ORION, a minuscule part of a gigantic security system protecting the Earth from threats from outer space. Let's accompany the ORION and her crew on their patrol at the edge of infinity."

Instead Klingons the main enemy were Frogs

"Feindliche Raumverbände ohne galaktische Seriennummer" (roughly Hostile Space Combat Units Without Galactic Serial Identification Number).