The Related Word Game - 2017!

classic ->Also sprach Zarathustra

Both are classic, the music  and the movie which starts with it: 2001. When the first ape was using a bone as a weapon - it was the first invention in a long list needed to be done for space flight. The first part of Zarathustra is called Sonnenaufgang/Sunrise

cold -> Kolter

Ancient word still used in our area slang as written in Brothers Grimmdictionary ages ago. It is a warm woolen blanket, main use was as bed cover when sleeping on sacks filled with stray. Some clever people used it as a brand name because it was not in new dictionaries.

71254296_475692663031805_260863036956134

• Haha 1

500 -> Fiat 500

Younger sister had one. As a young driver you start with quite high insurance costs, based on value of a car, costs for repairs, rate of car crashes. Noone did races with a 500 and parts quite cheap.

280px-1970_Fiat_500_L_--_2011_DC_1.jpg

• Thanks! 1

fiat 500 -> maverick

this is me, my bro and my mom dad in front of my dads first car after he arrived to Canada ooooh so long ago...he was in the air force as a pilot and loved to Tinker with engines too

12119005_10156101826405142_6831771429163254115_n.jpg

• Appreciation 1
2 hours ago, gogoblender said:

fiat 500 -> maverick

this is me, my bro and my mom dad in front of my dads first car after he arrived to Canada ooooh so long ago...he was in the air force as a pilot and loved to Tinker with engines too

12119005_10156101826405142_6831771429163254115_n.jpg

Wish we would have had such a big car. We had to press 6 people in a Volkswagen 412. It had a rear engine, so even it was a variant, the youngest had to sit above the engine.

412genom.jpg

Weekend -> Family Car

• Like! 1

Family Car -> station wagon

oooh yah... i remember when Dad drove that into the driveway...second hand, something he loved to work on... we just whooped for hours that day, and the first weekend after, we drove to the beach, me, my brother, and our dog happily playing in the back

Good times!

:hooyaah:

gogo

gas -> driving license

Was a lot of paperwork to have our third doing her driving license with 17 instead 18 last week. Nearly no public transports and recovering from a complicated leg break allowed it.

She currently drives my vintage NSU Prinz TTS. No electrics, no servo's, no assist systems,.. Think it is a good way to get a feeling for car behaviour. Rear engine, engine cover could be lifted for a spoiler effect. Not the best top speed, but little weight allowed for late breaking in curves and high acceleration after the curve. Wife uses it for vintage car rallyes.

640px-NSU_TTS_-_GP_Tourenwagen_1976-07-1

pilot's license -> August Euler

Probably the reason I was born. My grandgrandpa was 13 and an apprentice in carpentry. He  helped to build the airplane halls for Euler pre WW1. Euler was the first with a flying license in Germany. Grandgrandpa was doing woodwork for Euler planes and learned flying. In late 1917 he did final check flights before the planes left to the western frontier. He requested several times to be allowed to leave the factory to become a fighter pilot. Euler refused. Given that the average time for surviving was two hours for a fighter pilot - he probably saved my grandpa's life. There was a time when triplanes were superior, so even 4 wings were tried, as this Euler Quadruplane. Great in dogfights, but being outnumbered there was always an enemy plane high for a dive attack and 4 wings are not good for high speed.

333-1.jpg

After WW1 flying was restricted in Germany and so my grandgrandpa was glider flying and founded the local flight club on his farmland. Still all of our family get the pilot's licenses for sailplanes real cheap. Two years ago we bought a 'Rhönadler' which was finally in flying condition last month and we did 5 flights with it already. Longest was 4 hours by our second.

competitive -> tax evaders

Our all-star soccer team of accused tax evaders

Biggest problem in professional soccer. Some countries (mainly Spain) do nearly no tax charges on clubs so the balance in european soccer is total out of control. I wish for a cap on the salaries of players. Anyhow. I think watching amateur sport is way more interesting. Main reason is that the kids are doing it.

• Like! 1