The Related Word Game - 2017!

Just now, chattius said:

Pierce Brosnan -> suave -> Indian Love Call

Was searching for the movie for Pierce Brosnan (the scene when he is headless in the UFO), but it fits for suave too, even if it is a deadly song for Martians

Indian love call - cicada

I think my mom said they were swarming in the states this season

😍

gogo

idiot -> greek

In ancient greek idiots were people who stood away from politics even it was allowed to them. I think the word gets more and more of its original meaning back. Considering the new generation of politicians - not voting is idiotic ;)

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, chattius said:

idiot -> greek

In ancient greek idiots were people who stood away from politics even it was allowed to them. I think the word gets more and more of its original meaning back. Considering the new generation of politicians - not voting is idiotic ;)

Greek -sauce 

LOL I forget what it’s called but I love it in sandwiches

😄

gogo

sauce -> Metaxa

The only greek sauce I did so far was a Metaxa-sauce. It is named after the Metaxa booze which is in it. We had some open bottles which had to be emptied after a party. So we tried the sauce for a BBQ. It is good manner to bring something to a party, we get most often good alcoholics but we don't drink much.

So most of it ends as taste booster at a sauce :)

English recipe

https://chefreader.com/make-metaxa-sauce-yourself/

• Like! 1

ooze -> Uzi

At my army time we had the MP5. I know many Shoot'Em Up's where you could choose between the Uzi and the MP5 to mew down Zombies. I remember that we had the old ones, without the 3 shot burst modus for a while.

I was drafted as anti-seamine specialicist. Got the Schützenschnur /German Armed Forces Badge of Marksmanship in Gold before I took the classes to become an officer, Sniping was one part of the training to destroy sea mines, other was using explosives. Was a good training for my current job, second in charge in a company which does explosive welding.

As officer I was moved to airport firefighters, starting as leader of a 'First in group' in case of ammunition fires. Ended as leading the whole airport firefighters and fighting with bureaucraty for more money and not fighting fires.

Photon torpedos -> Artemis

The physical department of my university was working on ion engines for decades. Math department was helping with software, some of the plasma maths I still use for work. It was one of the biggest parties for us math nerds when the experimental half an horsepower gridded ion thruster rescued the satellite needing half a year do bring it to final orbit. The engine was never planed for orbit lifting, just for small correction of position.

The new moon project of NASA is called Artemis too, and guess what, they will use ion thrusters.

1920px-Artemis_Phase_1.jpg

• Like! 1