Community Patch 160 Bug Reports

2 hours ago, Androdion said:

Probably some remnant of a file misbehaving mates.

hmm yes maybe, something like that. I wonder if it doesn't have a relation with killing the central "Egg" (the Heart of the Machine). Anyway it doesn't happen for main quest hopefully, just the farming.

Btw, yes, CM 0160 has a huge improvement in term of game stability, impressive. Good luck CapnTucker.

4 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

It's a game options file in text form. Located at C:\Users\"your_username"\AppData\Local\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2.

We'll see. Complete uninstallation implies game folder deletion as well.

By the way, were you playing with a  fresh, or a legacy character?

This was a brand new install of the game, with brand new characters. Game has never been on this PC before; no legacy stuff at all. Which is why I'm wondering whether an uninstall/reinstall will make any difference.  One thing I did notice was there are a lot of errors in the log for AlienFX (I have a 15R3). While playing the game, I have noticed that the colors in the back lit keyboard have been going nuts while playing Sacred 2. I don't know if that would have any effect on memory management, but I am pretty sure Sacred 2 is too old of a game to have AlienFX support.

I disabled 3rd party support for AlienFX, and am going to see whether that makes any difference. I did play for about 2 hours last night without a CTD, and closed out the game normally. I'm going to see how long I can play without the game crashing, before trying the nuclear option..

Oh you kill the Egg before the Guardians? That could be it then.

Just a long shot, but Sacred 2 isn't very friendly with third party apps running in the background. Heck, even the Steam Overlay should be turned off for added stability. I assume AlienFX does some kind of backlighting on your keyboard synchronised with the app you're running?! If that's the case that could be your answer right there.

And no, if you have a clean install then there's no need for a reinstall. You could still verify the integrity of the game files if you have the Steam version though. ;)

Yes, AlienFX does synchronize with games that support it, and will change colors accordingly.  I did try to run the Steam version of Sacred 2, but the CM patch will not install over it, I kept getting a popup that "CM patch unable to delete Steam dll such and such", and would not install. I then tried GOG.com's version with the Galaxy overlay. Got the same message: "CM patch unable to delete Galaxy dll".

Luckily GOG.com also has an offline installer for their games.  I installed that version of Sacred 2, and the CM patch installed perfectly over that one.

It's good to know that just having the Steam overlay running in the background might make the game unstable. My Steam overlay automatically loads when I turn my PC on, and is always running in the background. All my other games are on Steam, so never had a problem with them. In addition to disabling AlienFX, I will also try exiting out of Steam before playing Sacred 2. Hopefully that will be a fix for the problem. I loved playing Sacred 2 in the past on my old Vista and W7 machines, but the CTDs drove me crazy. 

I was excited to hear that the latest CM patch has fixed the CTDs for most people. But I have been having the same old problem. Sometimes I can play for hours, other times the crashes come only minutes apart. I'm really hoping that disabling AlienFX and Steam will fix this..

You don't need to disable Steam entirely as you can disable the Steam Overlay individually for each game you have installed. When you right click on the game title in the Steam library and click "properties" the "general" tab will have an option to disable it specifically for said game. This means you can have it globally turned on but not for a specific game, which in this case is Sacred 2.

I really hope you get around your issues as CM Patch 1.60 does all the difference in the world.

2 hours ago, Androdion said:

You don't need to disable Steam entirely as you can disable the Steam Overlay individually for each game you have installed. When you right click on the game title in the Steam library and click "properties" the "general" tab will have an option to disable it specifically for said game. This means you can have it globally turned on but not for a specific game, which in this case is Sacred 2.

I really hope you get around your issues as CM Patch 1.60 does all the difference in the world.

Sacred 2 is not a Steam game on my system, it's a standalone.  So it shouldn't really matter if Steam is running in the background or not.  In any case, I'm not actually disabling Steam, just exiting out of it before playing Sacred 2. If I want to play one of my Steam games all I have to do is click on one, and Steam will automatically restart. That being said, I just finished a 3 hour session of Sacred 2, and no crashes.

The acid test will be to have a marathon session soon as I get a chance. It would seem that either the Steam overlay, or AlienFX  is the culprit here. Too early to tell though. Once I have played a session that lasts many hours, then I'll try the game with Steam re-enabled. If still no crashes, then AlienFX will definitely be the one at fault. I hope it is one or the other, because if I do get more CTDs, then I have no idea what the solution could be..

Well, I've played several sessions over the last three days, including a six hour one last night, and no crashes at all. Even with elite GFX enabled. Tried a shorter session with Steam overlay running in the background, and still no crashes. Based on this, I would have to say that the culprit was AlienFX. So finally, after all these years I can play Sacred 2 without all the constant crashing. :)

Back then I only managed to finish the main quest one time due to all the frustration, and then moved on to other games. Busy now exploring every little crevice on the map; am finding all kinds of things I never knew existed.. :)

1 minute ago, dimitrius154 said:

The trimmed elite graphics pack, developed alongside CM Patch 1.60, is recommended to avoid heavy lags in cities, towns, etc. 

Yes, the trimmed GFX is working great. When I first enter a town the character will stutter step a few times, and then everything is fine. It is so great to see the elite textures again, and now without any problems. Thanks for all your hard work! :)

50 minutes ago, CapnTucker said:

Yes, the trimmed GFX is working great. When I first enter a town the character will stutter step a few times, and then everything is fine. It is so great to see the elite textures again, and now without any problems. Thanks for all your hard work! :)

Yeah, like I told you there's some micro-stuttering the first time you go through some places, but it's just the textures caching. ;)

I'm very happy to see that you've been able to overcome your problems and are now fully enjoying the game. Have fun!

On 3/17/2018 at 4:38 PM, dimitrius154 said:

As a sidenote - I've discovered, that the living armor officer constructs from Blood Forest were missing their capes. [EDIT]Hmpf, actually all officers do. This cape thing is attached to a non-existent bone.

Was there ever any solution for this?  Would it require editing the models to add the bone?

Not worth the bother. The model in question is a static long cape, too few polygons and no motion or fluttering animations present. It's much more reasonable to keep the cuirass + short cape model the officers use now.

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature of CM 0160, but the zombies in the Blood Wood now look exactly like the skinned demons. I remember when I last played Sacred 2 with CM 0150, they still had their "normal" zombie appearances..

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. I'm having this extremely weird CTD, out of the blue. When I press F7 for quick save (and sysflush) the game halts and just goes away. I did reinstall the game but I didn't touch options.txt so if it was working before it should be working now as well. I even deleted options.txt and reconfigured it as it was, same result. This is the log for the CTD:

Nome da aplicação com falha: sacred2.exe, versão: 2.65.2.0, carimbo de data/hora: 0x4be45a9b
Nome do módulo com falha: KERNELBASE.dll, versão: 6.1.7601.24231, carimbo de data/hora: 0x5b6db2d4
Código de excepção: 0x80000003
Desvio de falha: 0x0001338d
ID do processo com falha: 0x1f44
Data/hora de início da aplicação com falha: 0x01d45c4b5bcf1194
Caminho da aplicação com falha: C:\Jogos\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\system\sacred2.exe
Caminho do módulo com falha: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
ID do Relatório: d7e77008-c83e-11e8-8e02-00248cfc7fef

I have no idea what just happened. :(

I double checked the instructions for sysflush with the options.txt and everything is the same, commas and everything. I did try changing the quick save key to F6 and it saved instantly without any issue. Changed it back to F7 and CTD. I really don't know what's going on...

On ‎05‎.‎10‎.‎2018 at 5:14 AM, Androdion said:

(and sysflush)

The "sys flush" command invoked manually can still lead to crashes in some instances. I wouldn't recommend using it.

Edited by dimitrius154
23 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

The "sys flush" command invoked manually can still lead to crashes in some instances. I wouldn't recommend using it.

But, it was you who recommended it during 1.60 development?!

Anyway, I just thought is was super weird that the command worked flawlessly during almost a year and the all of a sudden it started not working.

1 minute ago, Androdion said:

But, it was you who recommended it during 1.60 development?!

That's correct. The advice was given during the initial stage of my attempts to get rid of the frequent CTDs.  Since then, the useful part of the command's functionality has been included into the game's loading, surface-dungeon transition and area teleportation routines(actually, it's strapped to the loading wallpaper routine). There's no practical sense in using it manually.

7 minutes ago, Androdion said:

command worked flawlessly during almost a year and the all of a sudden it started not working

The CTD event log suggests an incorrect memory block address appellation by the game's memory manager. Are you sure, that you've not installed some "free" utility, or an antivirus some time before? Otherwise, it could be one of the recent Windows updates. Dunno about Win7, but I've encountered a bad memory allocation during a prolonged(3-4 days) active session on Win10. Some executables wouldn't start till PC reboot. 

Well if it isn't necessary with the final version maybe a footnote can be left on one of the topics for the patch? It's just that it was weird to see the game halt like that, but maybe I screwed up somewhere along the highway when reinstalling it or something. Regular quick save then, no biggie.

Thanks for pitching in.

• 2 months later...

I have discovered a problem with some of the CM only equipment:

pugno tyrannus only has hafted weapons bonus. It doesn't show damage of enraged players +% bonus at all

attar's uncertain rule(disgraced gods set) attack bonus is too low at level 200 and niobium for some unknown reason.

why is this happening? please help me.

Good evening! Forgive me my English.
Can you please tell me how to remove the name of places from the global map? For example the inscription above the monolith.
In the original version of the game, I did not have this. It interferes. Thx.

https://imgur.com/a/fSv4Ug1

• 2 weeks later...

I personnaly don't know Temnota, sorry.

I have a weird behaviour with my Seraph when she attacks while mounted. Is there a way (file modification, ...) to prevent this please Dimitrius or Flix if you pass by there. Thanks.

1547919024-mount-bug01.jpg1547919054-mount-bug02.jpg

• 1 month later...

Have had zero CTDs since installing patch CM 1.60 on Win10 Pro 64-Bit, so no bugs on that front where I am concerned. That being said, I believe the chainquest "A Simple Case of Nerves" added in the CM patch is not functioning correctly, in that I can't seem to get it to advance past the 2nd stage, "Confrontations". You take the kid to attack, he feints, rinse, repeat, and then....nothing after he says he wants to destroy all of the orcs. He just follows me around and the indicator blob moves around on it's on on the minimap.

Edit: Fixed - The problem was the quest NPCs that were spawned were killed too soon by the roving bands of Orcs, I just needed to save and reload the game for the quest NPCs to respawn, only needed two more.

Edited by thejynxed
  • 3 weeks later...

Why does the 'Thoughness' skill still roll on Dryad gear, even though she can't use/skill it? (sry, lost the inventory pic here)

Hadn't this been fixed already in previous patches?

Pic now enclosed.

Toughness rolls on this Dryad chest armor consistently.

hero_chest_sacred2_2019-04-07.png

Edited by jwiz
update