Community Patch 160 Bug Reports

I started a new character after installing the CP (er, I think it was afterwards, anyway...) so it's probably not that, but that's a fair warning anyway, so thanks!

I still have bad memories of Stalker and having to start a new game every time it was patched.  And worse memories of Clear Sky as the patches never fixed the game-breaking crashiness around the Red Forest...  Pity, I really liked the game but it had its "issues".  Other games like TES were in some ways more forgiving, as long as you disabled a mod and made a new save before installing a new version.  Then again, Oblivion crashed so often that I'm not sure any further instability would make much impact. :D  That's one thing I've really enjoyed about replaying Sacred 2 over the past couple of weeks, the only crash I can recall is something that was my own fault (I.e. don't delete a file that a running program might like to use).

14 minutes ago, vometia said:

Then again, Oblivion crashed so often that I'm not sure any further instability would make much impact.

I'd say Morrowind's been crashing much more often, before some MCP changes yours truly, IMHO, facilitated. As for Oblivion, you might be interested in certain(can't remember the exact thread) findings at tesreloaded.com. There's a claim of a stable game.

19 minutes ago, vometia said:

still have bad memories of Stalker

As far as I know, the modding community has made significant advances at stabilising and improvement. That's the reason, I detest online games, the unmoddable money-draining machines,  Ostap Bender dream come true.

24 minutes ago, vometia said:

Sacred 2 over the past couple of weeks, the only crash I can recall is something that was my own fault

Good to know. Overall feedback shows, that steps at fixing the game were much more successful, then originally expected. 

7 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

I'd say Morrowind's been crashing much more often, before some MCP changes yours truly, IMHO, facilitated. As for Oblivion, you might be interested in certain(can't remember the exact thread) findings at tesreloaded.com. There's a claim of a stable game.

As far as I know, the modding community has made significant advances at stabilising and improvement. That's the reason, I detest online games, the unmoddable money-draining machines,  Ostap Bender dream come true.

Good to know. Overall feedback shows, that steps at fixing the game were much more successful, then originally expected. 

I know Morrowind had a reputation!  I didn't find it too bad in general but in Solstheim it was awful, crashing every 10-15 minutes.  Oblivion manages 30-45 minutes IME before usually a memory leak makes it keel over; and that's with Streamline, replacement memory management libraries and remembering to "pcb" often.  I remember seeing someone comment that they'd backed the MM macros up so badly it was considered (at least at the time) impossible to fix.  I'd certainly be interested to see if someone has finally managed it; that said, though it was officially "my favourite game evar" for the longest time, I think it is most definitely looking its age and I think my own gaming preferences have moved on a little.  I should take a look and see if FO3's been fixed too, its (probably related) "dead cell bug" was infuriating, but again I'm not sure if it's likely I'll go back to it.

I recall the community patch for Stalker SoC which fixed a lot of stuff and introduced all sorts of other interesting bits and pieces.  I guess much like the Sacred 2 patch here!  I suspect I'd abandoned Stalker CS before the community really had a chance to get something similar to a point of maturity but I dare say there's a good chance it's in a similar state now.

Er, sorry for all the OT stuff... :o

15 hours ago, vometia said:

I'm not suggesting it's the patch's fault, it just seemed a good place to raise the matter... in spite of the topic title. 

Oh, I understand.  I'm suggesting it though.  :smile:  Internal structure of quests has been changed often in the CM Patch, particularly with the timed quests. 

Something has been going on with Hunting Fever since at least 1.50:

Is this what happened (premature activation of the quest) or did you receive the quest in the normal, expected way?

On 2/22/2020 at 9:38 AM, vometia said:

On a different note, but not that different, Ephrahim's Nightmare: I need to pwn 20 of the killer spiders but have only managed 17.  The other three have either wandered off, failed to spawn or been mis-counted and in spite of periodically doing quite a wide search for them, they're nowhere to be found.  Killing other spiders doesn't count.  I've resigned myself to the likelihood that this quest is now unfinishable (and probably unfixable for similar reasons to HF3); correct?

You said in another thread that you use Exterminator Mod.  This is likely causing the issue.  Ephrahim's Nightmare doesn't always provide quest spiders. At a few quest stages, it relies on the player to just kill X amount of wild spiders.  Since no spiders spawn anymore with the mod, that would make the quest unfinishable.

• Thanks! 1
24 minutes ago, Flix said:

You said in another thread that you use Exterminator Mod.  This is likely causing the issue.  Ephrahim's Nightmare doesn't always provide quest spiders. At a few quest stages, it relies on the player to just kill X amount of wild spiders.  Since no spiders spawn anymore with the mod, that would make the quest unfinishable.

Why didn't I think of that?  Sometimes the "obvious" only becomes obvious once someone else points it out!

Seriously, I'd never thought of that.  And now that you've thought of it for me, I'll give it a try.

3 hours ago, vometia said:

Disabling the Exterminator mod worked: yay!  Except that I now have a lot of spiders. :o  I'd completely forgotten just how many spiders and rats there are and why this mod is a thing.  I'm reinstalling it as soon as this quest-line is done...

Post really made me lol... there ARE a lot of spiders!

😅

gogo

• 1 month later...

Dual-wielding swords mounted as shadow warrior using Frenzied Rampage is extremely slow between hits - slightly less so on foot but still really crap.

Anyone test if its the same for you? I don't recall it being bad from my previous characters but its been a while

oh and this text is overlapping

image.png.986ca6f113766c99e3fa08a119df823b.png

Edited by Recath
23 minutes ago, Recath said:

oh and this text is overlapping

I've extended the width of the item tooltip windows in my mods, though it still overlaps a little even then.  I guess the text could be changed to "Opponent's Chance to Reflect Ranged" instead.

It's also a non-issue once the mastery kicks in and that long red text is replaced by a percentual. :dntknw:

@Recath Mounted CA animations are different from the same ones being executed on foot, so you're bound to notice those kind of diferences. If you're experiencing really slow CA execution speed with melee CAs then you should work on improving your attack speed, which is the factor for increasing CA execution speed with weapon-based CAs.

17 hours ago, Androdion said:

If you're experiencing really slow CA execution speed with melee CAs then you should work on improving your attack speed, which is the factor for increasing CA execution speed with weapon-based CAs.

The problem is 1-handed is almost twice as fast with lower attack speed. Auto-attacking gives me more dps than using the CA by quite a bit.

Pelting strikes is way faster by comparison

Edited by Recath
1 hour ago, Recath said:

The problem is 1-handed is almost twice as fast with lower attack speed. Auto-attacking gives me more dps than using the CA by quite a bit.

The reason is the animation itself(and the timings assigned to it). Same story as with the vanilla Battle Extension. 

There's a saying: "Идиота одолела жажда прекрасного". Seems appropriate here.

1 hour ago, Recath said:

An exploit: The quest "Feed the Poor" I just noticed adds a skill/attribute point but is very repeatable to stack up as many skill/attribute points as you want. 

Is this in SP or MP / LAN?

So far I haven't been able to do that quest only ONCE in each and every difficulty when playing SP.

In MP / LAN it's indeed possible to do this quest multiple times, as every time you start a new game, you also start a new server.
Which means that the Ancarian Airlines quest would have the same effect in MP / LAN.

Thorin :)

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, Recath said:

An exploit: The quest "Feed the Poor" I just noticed adds a skill/attribute point but is very repeatable to stack up as many skill/attribute points as you want. 

Yes, it is known already. But if you really want to use this "exploit", save you some time and just add skill and attributes points with the Character Editor... So I's not really an exploit.

Abusing LAN play to get guaranteed rewards over and over is just part of the fabric of possibility at this point.

I believe there is a way to flag a quest so that it is only available in single player.  I could do that for all quests which have static rewards. I don't think that would win me any friends.

I think that's possible, and that Dmitry did that in his Addendum, though my memory could be at fault here.

To nerf or not to nerf, that is the question. :D But honestly it's one of those cases where you do need to go specifically after the exploit to have access to it, so that's that.

5 hours ago, Androdion said:

I think that's possible, and that Dmitry did that in his Addendum

That's correct.

8 hours ago, Flix said:

I could do that for all quests which have static rewards. I don't think that would win me any friends.

There's a fine balance between a populist and a conservative. Unless you run for a governor or something, hehe. Gear and trinkets are temporary, attribute and skill points are not and as such should not be available for LAN exploits(they are not in Sacred 1 by the way.)

Edited by dimitrius154

@dimitrius154 Remind me, what is the method for restricting a quest to singleplayer?  Is it a flag in the quest entry, or is it determined by the construction of the quest name, like the chapter placement?

28 minutes ago, Flix said:

Remind me, what is the method for restricting a quest to singleplayer?

The availability for the game mode is controlled by the 'releasestage' parameter in quest.txt. Here you need releasestage = 8

• Thanks! 1

A bug where my character goes invisible. It happened after I got teleported by a quest then unmounted a minute after the quest was done. Remounting causes the mount to also become invisible while on it. Remounting causes the teleport animation to play ending in an invisible character.

While on foot my character is also permanently slowed by 1/3rd but that's unrelated I think. It's the slow effect from Ice Elements not disappearing properly if I go off the mount only.

I was taking constant 11 or 22 crit damage ticks in this area as well a few moments after teleporting as well another few minutes later.
FgjTndT.png

Edited by Recath
56 minutes ago, Recath said:

While on foot my character is also permanently slowed by 1/3rd but that's unrelated I think. It's the slow effect from Ice Elements not disappearing properly if I go off the mount only.

This is fixed in Enhanced Edition.  "enemy_frostball" is missing a duration parameter so the slowing debuff lasts until reload.

30 minutes ago, Recath said:

Mobs chillin' on lava

Mobs spawning outside traversable terrain can't be resolved via script without removing spawns from the entire sector.  I believe it's a deficiency of the world terrain itself which can't be edited (not now at least).  

On 4/11/2020 at 4:54 PM, dimitrius154 said:

The availability for the game mode is controlled by the 'releasestage' parameter in quest.txt. Here you need releasestage = 8

Just curious... I only see releasestages 10, 11, 22, and 30 in use in quest.txt.  How did you come by 8?