Can't enter Abishai Stronghold; Quest bugged

Hello fellow heroes of Ancaria!

I've run into  a problem concerning entering the Abishai Stronghold. Since I wasnt able to enter it I did some research and aparently an NPC should spawn once I get to the last door and tell me how to enter. Well, that NPC never showed up for me. I also dont get any message when approaching a door. Its simply unusable. Is this a bug? Can this be fixed? Am I just too dumb? XD

Help apprechiated since I did this forest only to see the "boss I dont know yet".

thanks!

best regards

Genitor

• Like! 1

Greetings Genitor. Does your log book show that you completed the prerequisite quest, Cleansed Blood? If not then go back and afterward it should work, If you have, try closing the game and restarting it, then go back to the Abishai Stronghold. You may wish to check your quest log again beforehand.

• Thanks! 1

Yeah, the quest log in the Cursed Forest isn't very linear in terms of continuity. You need to keep going "after it" instead of it being pointed to you, and I even got a bit lost the last time I played it (forgot to get with Kormynth to complete the quest line).

Also, you don't actually enter the stronghold by its gates. But I won't spoil the surprise. ;)

• Thanks! 1
On 7.3.2018 at 11:51 PM, Hooyaah said:

Greetings Genitor. Does your log book show that you completed the prerequisite quest, Cleansed Blood? If not then go back and afterward it should work, If you have, try closing the game and restarting it, then go back to the Abishai Stronghold. You may wish to check your quest log again beforehand.

Sry. I didnt get to play up until now. Well, I dont have that quest. In fact I never even met Khormynth outside of this one quest where u can see the forest before it got cursed (I think its a sidequest but I forgot its name). So my next question is: Where can I find Khormynth? The wiki doesnt tell, sadly.

on a sidenote: quite strange that its nowhere mentioned that u need this quest to kill the Abishai. Not ingame nor searching the web. Am I the first one to struggle with this?

Damned this cursed forest is a strange/bugged place. Imma go to gold now and leave that damned forest for good. I will ofc kill the abishai when I get Khormynths location but thats the last thing this map will see of me. XD

Edited by Genitor
spelling
38 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

Well, you need to find Khormynth then. Check this link, I think that it will be helpful. Khormynth's Refuge

lol. I've been there but the refuge was empty. I even saw the "device" that is behind him in the screenshot just not himself. I think this wood is just bugged for me for some reason. nvm

edit: Wait. Could it be the case that I need to go to Diaanjas Retreat beforehand? Cuz I havent been there. FECAL MATTER!. The expansion maps really need this tagged as the mainquest.... quite confusing.

Edited by Genitor

Yeah, that's what I meant before by the quest line not being linear. You need to explore the area fully and not jump the gun because the chain quest won't point you back. Yes it sucks, but at least the Wiki page for the chain quest is very complete and you can retrace your entire steps on the Cursed Forest's main quest.