Additional skill point through quest in Sloeford?

Hey Guys!

Its me again with a curious finding.

I just started platinum with my Seraphim and had to reload to unbug a bugged quest ("Children and Demons" to be specific). Funnily enough when I entered the game again I had 1 additional skillpoint and 1 additional attribute point to assign. I dug in the wiki to find out where I got that from and couldnt track it back. However I have a suspicion.

according to http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Skills the Community patch adds quests that award additional skillpoints. It is stated that only "Feed the poor" would award 1 additional Skillpoint and 1 additional attribute point. In the corresponding quests page (http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Feed_the_Poor) in the "Notes"-Section it is stated that one would only get the additional points after reloading.

So my suspicion is that I did a quest that rewards me those points (just like "Feed the Poor") but hasnt been added to http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Skills yet.

so here is what I got questwise: https://imgur.com/a/1QqRH

can anyone enlighten me about that?

(I might fish for the quest and if I find it I will tell you but if anyone happens to know it would save me some time XD)

Thanks guys!

Yep, it's Ancaria Airline indeed. Wiki page for Skills amended, but now I need to create the quest page... (help!)

PS: Quest page created with barebones info, if someone can help with the details it'd be cool.

Edited by Androdion
  • Thanks! 1
12 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

The quest in Sloeford, Ancaria Airlines (starts just outside of the home of Principal Throdeth) gives one the same skill and attribute points.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Androdion said:

Yep, it's Ancaria Airline indeed. Wiki page for Skills amended, but now I need to create the quest page... (help!)

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Androdion said:

Quest page created with barebones info, if someone can help with the details it'd be cool.

I will care for that. The least I can do XD

Edit: Added detailed walkthrough to http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Ancaria_Airlines and 1 Note (teleporting during quest) to the best of my abbilities (which means I had no idea where to get the picture reference for Expedia which is why her picture is missing in the dialouge box XD). Also: Can I upload screenshots to the wiki? If yes: how? (I am guessing 3rd party links like imgur are troublesome)

Edited by Genitor

Eh, I feel confident in editing text whereas changing code isn't really my thing. I still recognize some bits of it but not enough to warrant page formatting, image hosting, etc. Someone more knowledgeable with editing the Wiki should be of further assistance.

20 hours ago, Genitor said:

Thanks!

Thanks!

Edit: Added detailed walkthrough to http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Ancaria_Airlines and 1 Note (teleporting during quest) to the best of my abbilities (which means I had no idea where to get the picture reference for Expedia which is why her picture is missing in the dialouge box XD). Also: Can I upload screenshots to the wiki? If yes: how? (I am guessing 3rd party links like imgur are troublesome)

This is brilliant Genitor!!

Let me see if I can find a guide for how to upload pix and size for the Wiki.  I remember filling in all those portrait pix, Schot actually created a system where by he drew out all the quest people's pix and all we need to do is just choose and add in

Thank you for writing out this detailed walk through.. the fans are ALWAYS there to read

:)

gogo

On 3/13/2018 at 10:49 AM, Genitor said:

Thanks!

Thanks!

And...here we go!

This has to be one of the best guides ever written for the Wiki... mostly cuz Schot put it all together :lol:  And there you have it... a very deatiled, meticulous process andl links on how to get those dialogue pix in after Schot took out the actual screen shots of dialogue we were using and recoded it as ...code! Woo Hoo!

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Template:S2_Dialogue

gogo

On 15.3.2018 at 11:35 AM, gogoblender said:

And...here we go!

This has to be one of the best guides ever written for the Wiki... mostly cuz Schot put it all together :lol:  And there you have it... a very deatiled, meticulous process andl links on how to get those dialogue pix in after Schot took out the actual screen shots of dialogue we were using and recoded it as ...code! Woo Hoo!

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Template:S2_Dialogue

gogo

Thanks! That helped a lot!

23 hours ago, Veracious said:

Wow the dedication here is beyond anything I've seen for any game ever. And it's nearly 20 years old. So impressive. 

Its still a great game, though. Quite the tragedy it wasnt a financial sucess back then and that the franchise got killed recently.

As far as I know Sacred 2 pioneered Skill-modifications and the game overally looks and plays pretty well to this day.

It certainly feels when playing new games like they took inspiration from sacred 2. Skills being learned by finding their item. Allocating skill points to specialize in certain abilities. If I think about it POE's skill tree is just the visualization of the sacred stat allocating system. Its just path progression instead of numeric progression. I love sacred 2 but I lost my last system with I&b on it. And I don't have the discs. Its a shame but I'm into path of exile anyway. Hardly have time for even the one game let alone multiple. 

Sacred 2 is definite my #1 though and I always felt slighted that I missed out lb the closed server days. I started playing just a few months before they shut down. Big shame

2 hours ago, Veracious said:

It certainly feels when playing new games like they took inspiration from sacred 2. Skills being learned by finding their item. Allocating skill points to specialize in certain abilities. If I think about it POE's skill tree is just the visualization of the sacred stat allocating system. Its just path progression instead of numeric progression. I love sacred 2 but I lost my last system with I&b on it. And I don't have the discs. Its a shame but I'm into path of exile anyway. Hardly have time for even the one game let alone multiple. 

Sacred 2 is definite my #1 though and I always felt slighted that I missed out lb the closed server days. I started playing just a few months before they shut down. Big shame

FWIW, my copy of Sacred 2 Gold from GOG cost me $4 on sale. I still have my commercial copy, but that was too cheap to pass up for a DRM- free copy.

4 minutes ago, lujate said:

FWIW, my copy of Sacred 2 Gold from GOG cost me $4 on sale. I still have my commercial copy, but that was too cheap to pass up for a DRM- free copy.

I got it for 3€ on steam XD. I still have my orignal copies of Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel and Ice&Blood somewhere but I figured that the steam-version would probably be more stable (I recall that Sacred 2 wasnt programmed for Win XP and up so it caused a lot of crashes unless you would make some .ini-changes etc.). I never thought the game would work for Win7 (and certainly not for Win10) but it kind off does (I still have relatively frequent crashes but its bareable; also this time around I didnt make any .ini-changes)

With the advent of the Community Patch 160, crashing has been a non-issue for me as I enjoy hours at a time of crash-free, stable gaming. The GOG version is now only $2.99 and the CM Patch 160 is free. There have been a few reports from members having difficulty installing the Steam version and installation seems trouble free with the GOG version.

• Like! 1

I run the latest CM-patch. Maybe my crashes are due to me playing an old char from back then (I keep all my saves always XD). Because since I restarted Sacred2 a couple of weeks back I've been playing 2 characters (1 recently created in Multiplayer and 1 old). Funnily enough with the new char that I solely use for hosting MP-games I hardly ever have crashes (like a total of 3 in 1 Day worth of game-time; so nothing really) whereas with my old char I can hardly play an hour without crash (but not frequently; sometimes I play 3 hours without issues and then I have 3 crashes in 30 minutes).

Well idc. Most chars I planned for now will be completely new characters anyway. I'll see how many crashes I will experience with those. XD

Edited by Genitor
  • Like! 1

In America we only got fallen angel so I had to install the expansion via a method we do not discuss here. Of course I didn't know about gog and steam because I'm  a noob. Using xp32 and the cm patch I had zero crashes with the full game so I've always kept a partition or separate hd just for old games then just cold swap if I'm feeling nostalgic. But I've never experienced these crashes people discuss.

• Like! 1
On 3/15/2018 at 0:06 PM, Veracious said:

Wow the dedication here is beyond anything I've seen for any game ever. And it's nearly 20 years old. So impressive. 

What a supportive and heart-warming comment

have we all really been here that long...

thank you!

:sun::heart::sun: 

gogo

• Like! 1