Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

That link above is not wanting to let me access it.

Maybe I'm not looking at the latest (last modified date for questscripts.txt is August 9), but if I search "for index, tcid" I get 17 matches.  The first such example is on line 10923.

I'll just redownload the whole thing again.

A few more:

1. You said earlier that there were several instances of ';' used instead of ',' corrected. -- For the life of me I can't find any scripts where this was the case?
  2. Itemtype.txt: FLAG_BLACKBACK has been scrubbed out with a vengeance.  Was this flag never doing anything useful? Or did something else change that rendered it obsolete?
  3. Boss music is added to more bosses.  Is all that's required changing the classification to CLF_BOSS in itemtype, and then assigning fight music resources in soundprofile.txt?
  4. Sound profilename  = "Creature Generic T-Energy Mutation", changed from using subfamily to instead listing all the specific types.  Was this so that specific creatures in this subfamily could be assigned elsewhere?
  5. About 'Flaring Nova' and 'Energy Blaze':  "wave spread speed has been fixed. Initial nova damage is being dealt in sinchronicity with the spread, not with a 2.5 seconds delay" -- how was this accomplished?  I thought it would be animation.txt timings but that does not seem to be the case.
  6. Surface.txt: SURFACE_FLAG_DOUBLESIDED has been to added to like... everything.  Is this a "just in case" measure?
46 minutes ago, Flix said:

You said earlier that there were several instances of ';' used instead of ',' corrected. -- For the life of me I can't find any scripts where this was the case?

Several 'delay = 1;' instances were found as well as one 'return false;' instance. I don't recall the exact quest, but the mistype was obvious.

49 minutes ago, Flix said:

Itemtype.txt: FLAG_BLACKBACK has been scrubbed out with a vengeance.  Was this flag never doing anything useful? Or did something else change that rendered it obsolete?

Instances of FLAG_BLACKBACK(displays inner surfaces as pitch black) have been replaced with FLAG_DOUBLESIDED(mirrors outer surface texture to inner surfaces).

51 minutes ago, Flix said:

Boss music is added to more bosses.  Is all that's required changing the classification to CLF_BOSS in itemtype, and then assigning fight music resources in soundprofile.txt?

No, CLF_BOSS is used to get boss HP/Shield Points/Name display during the fight. The music is assigned via soundprofile.txt(see "Extra Boss Music Profile" for reference).

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Sound profilename  = "Creature Generic T-Energy Mutation", changed from using subfamily to instead listing all the specific types.  Was this so that specific creatures in this subfamily could be assigned elsewhere?

That's correct. Also, the T-Mutant Inquisitor character having this sound effect has proven most annoying.

55 minutes ago, Flix said:

About 'Flaring Nova' and 'Energy Blaze':  "wave spread speed has been fixed. Initial nova damage is being dealt in sinchronicity with the spread, not with a 2.5 seconds delay" -- how was this accomplished?

No, the nova spread is calculated in s2logic.dll's appropriate spellclass function. The server-side spread velocity multiplier was way too low. 

57 minutes ago, Flix said:

Surface.txt: SURFACE_FLAG_DOUBLESIDED has been to added to like... everything.  Is this a "just in case" measure?

Most NPC clothing, hair, some creature models, some statics, some armor sets have exposed inner surfaces, resulting in pieces of them being transparent, when looked at certain angles. By assigning SURFACE_FLAG_DOUBLESIDED en masse, the issue is resolved without undue waste of time.

• Thanks! 1

Good info to have, much appreciated.

2 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

No, CLF_BOSS is used to get boss HP/Shield Points/Name display during the fight.

I'm fairly certain all that's needed for that is to have monstertype = 2, in the creature entry.

2 hours ago, Flix said:

'm fairly certain all that's needed for that is to have monstertype = 2, in the creature entry.

Hmm, I've just checked. 'CLF_BOSS' and 'CLF_ELITE' are used in two obscure bonus calculation functions.  If I'm not mistaken, the 'suspense' music while in the vicinity also plays based on whether a creature has 'CLF_BOSS' Classification. 

11 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

If I'm not mistaken, the 'suspense' music while in the vicinity also plays based on whether a creature has 'CLF_BOSS' Classification. 

Ah ok.  I saw that your comments in itemtype and creatureinfo said "--Extra Boss Entries to Ensure Music Selection" so I thought it was related to the additional combat music that I noticed in soundprofile.

A poidata.txt question: POI_PLACE_NORIATHWINKEL becomes POI_PLACE_NORIATHTEMPEL in Addendum.  Would this change be useful for any mod or is it specifically applicable to Addendum's code (sorry there will be probably be a few more such questions eventually).

7 minutes ago, Flix said:

A poidata.txt question: POI_PLACE_NORIATHWINKEL becomes POI_PLACE_NORIATHTEMPEL in Addendum.  Would this change be useful for any mod or is it specifically applicable to Addendum's code

Both IDs are present in the vanilla code. But the cell in question is the Temple proper, not  just 'Noriath's Corner'.

8 hours ago, Ellie said:

Delphic Arcanna Lore does not give any Skillpoints.

Very interesting. An appelation logic restriction - there can be only one lore and one focus skill for a given playable-character aspect. Makes sense, I guess.

That forces me to revert several CA's lore skills back to vanilla. I've also fixed a certain Addendum UI bug, regarding the CA modification point acquisition progress display. Mod archive updated.

Alright, concluding my examination of the scripts.

• Soundprofile.txt: Some id2's in profilename  = "Creature Human Generic", were changed.  15 became 18,  31 became 28, etc.  What do these id2's define?
  • Iteminfo.txt: I'd never before noticed "additionaltype" can be defined here.  What's the benefit of using that parameter?
  • "Ice weapon enchantment shader has been deactivated, due to inerference with various extra special effects."  That's actually a little shocking to read.  How was this accomplished? Through a script, or the code? Or just deleting it from shader.zip?  I haven't checked it in-game yet. Might there be some alternative effect, for example the icy mist without the crust on the model itself?  Having no effect at all for just that one damage type seems a high price to pay.
5 hours ago, Flix said:

What do these id2's define?

These ids determine the string hash construction for  voiced NPC dialog regarding Campaign progress - speaker gender(male, female), speaker age(adult, child), pc gender(male, female). The vanilla function was shoddy, so I've rewritten parts of it.  Rough cut, but working.

5 hours ago, Flix said:

What's the benefit of using that parameter?

Once an item is equipped, the itemtype defined in "additionaltype" is also displayed as equipped. The parameter is used by Seraphim belt skirts. I've used it for the Inquisitor left-handed power claw solution.

5 hours ago, Flix said:

How was this accomplished? Through a script, or the code? Or just deleting it from shader.zip?

The shader application was hard-coded and had to be disabled in s2render.dll.

5 hours ago, Flix said:

Might there be some alternative effect, for example the icy mist without the crust on the model itself?  Having no effect at all for just that one damage type seems a high price to pay.

The 'icy mist' particle effect is preserved. The ice damage-dominant visual fx solution is now the same as for other elemental damage types, the only element removed is the 'ice crust' shader.

• Thanks! 1

Did you made some Balance adjustments cause of the Possibility to get 6 Modifications and 20 Skills.? And it seems that the players get the Modification points alot faster than normal. But maybe I just cant remember that correctly since I havnt played for a while.

Would love to see a more beautiful effect for Bark-skin.  The Green effect on the hole body is kind of ugly and it is a pity that the player cant enjoy the Armor.

It would be so fun if it would be possible to add Procs to Sets. Like chance to infect with "Viperish Disease". No idea if something like that is possible, but would the Item hunt give some very Fun possibilities. 

Really appreciate the work on that old gem of a game.

23 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Did you made some Balance adjustments cause of the Possibility to get 6 Modifications and 20 Skills.? And it seems that the players get the Modification points alot faster than normal.

Of course they do, they still have only 200 levels to work with)))

25 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Would love to see a more beautiful effect for Bark-skin.  The Green effect on the hole body is kind of ugly and it is a pity that the player cant enjoy the Armor.

Well, "Jedem seinen", not much space there, since all special effects are more, or less hardcoded. I normally refrain from jabbing at the vanilla artwork, but you should really check out the original Ancient Bark effect. Looks like someone vomited food laced with mutagen all over himself.

29 minutes ago, Ellie said:

It would be so fun if it would be possible to add Procs to Sets.

Yes, I recall Orla-Aisling and Fadalmar set special boni from S1. There're traces of the developer's intent to add those to Sacred 2, but for better, or worse, they've abandoned the idea.

Probably, for the better, given how bad the Orla-Aisling effect is. The thing is actually progressively corrupting save games in windowed mode, imagine that.

On 9/8/2020 at 6:48 PM, dimitrius154 said:

Hmm, just to be certain: was the CM Patch 1.60 installed manually on top of the Sacred 2 Gold, or did you use the package from Rutracker? 

Yes, I used a package from rutracker. Now I downloaded a clean gold version, rolled CM Patch 1.60, then put elite textures and an Addendum on top, then finished off the file in the registry for correct Russification. The game throws to the desktop without an error after 2 minutes of the game. Logs were thrown off in the message earlier.

5 minutes ago, Insomnia said:

The game throws to the desktop without an error after 2 minutes of the game.

Something's not right, since I get no similar reports.

I'd advise to download the latest version of the Addendum first.

If the CTD's still occur, I'd know, whether a legacy character is being used.

If it's a fresh character, then I'd like to know as to approximately what action preceeds the CTD. 

haha, <3 yea I remember the old effect. Does it cause trouble if I edit the spell.txt for another animation ?

1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

Of course they do, they still have only 200 levels to work with)))

yea you are right. Have you tested the power progression with 6 modification? Since I will play a little with that I can give some feedback if I play further if you like. If the change is just for the fun part that is okay too. :D

1 hour ago, Ellie said:

Does it cause trouble if I edit the spell.txt for another animation ?

Most of the other visuals are compatible. Shouldn't be a problem.

1 hour ago, Ellie said:

Have you tested the power progression with 6 modification? Since I will play a little with that I can give some feedback if I play further if you like.

I'd be interested in the feedback since the Addendum has not been thoroughly tested, hence there's Beta in the title.  

my first Impression on the early many modification points is, that the feeling of choosing my perk is not there. I can max out a main CA around level 9. 
If I would get the points slower and the normal amount while still being able to put 6 point in 1 CA would end in choices. 

I could decide to get 1-3 CAs to max. (6points) or every CA but not maxed out. Making decision is (opinion) one of the fun parts of a an arpg.
The idea of being able to get a CA to 6 points opens up the possibility to concentrate on a really specialized build.
But if I can get every CA to maximun it may lead in almost every build may feel close to same.

Having more Skills is cool too. So I can get Smithing and so on without sacrifice. 
I dont know if I get more points than usually. 
But actually my feeling is that 12 skill slots would be perfect.

• Thanks! 1
20 minutes ago, Ellie said:

But actually my feeling is that 12 skill slots would be perfect.

Хоть кто-то сошелся со мной во мнении что лучше немного уменьшить количество слотов (может не так жестоко, до 15, чтобы оставить возможность взять не слишком полезные общие навыки) :D

At least someone agreed with me in the opinion that it is better to slightly reduce the number of slots (maybe not so cruelly, to 15, to leave the opportunity to take not very useful general skills) :D

24 minutes ago, Ellie said:

I could decide to get 1-3 CAs to max. (6points) or every CA but not maxed out. Making decision is (opinion) one of the fun parts of a an arpg.
The idea of being able to get a CA to 6 points opens up the possibility to concentrate on a really specialized build.
But if I can get every CA to maximun it may lead in almost every build may feel close to same.

Если специально не стремиться замаксить ветку, то это сделать и не получится, софткап вложения очков навыков - 75, выше уже для энтузиастов... было. Было, пока имелось всего 10 навыков. Когда их больше, разумнее довести несколько до 75, чем какой-то до 200. А 75+75 - это всего 18 очков, что 3 по 6, ну или 6+6+3+3 и т.д. Т.е. именно сейчас есть возможность создать специализированного персонажа.

If you do not specifically strive to max out the branch, then this will not work, the soft cap of investment of skill points is 75, higher already for enthusiasts ... it was. It was, while there were only 10 skills. When there are more of them, it is wiser to bring a few to 75 than some to 200. And 75 + 75 is only 18 points, which is 3 to 6, well, or 6 + 6 + 3 + 3, etc. Those. right now it is possible to create a specialized character.

1 hour ago, Nikoleagle said:

I've find out lightsaber VFX glitch, maybe only on TG, not sure - there is no "light blade" on the saber, while not attacking or using combat art.

I'd say the observation is not quite correct - lightsabers are to be switched off, unless a wielder is in 'combat alert' state, is attacking, or 'checking the condition'(some idle states). If that's the case, then there's no glitch, but a feature.

[EDIT] I get it - I never mentioned that one in the mod description.

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Like! 1
56 minutes ago, Ellie said:

my first Impression on the early many modification points is, that the feeling of choosing my perk is not there.

Well, we,ll see how the situation develops in higher difficulties, then make some poll, or something, so as to gather extra trustworthy statistics.  

25 minutes ago, BRSamael said:

maybe not so cruelly, to 15, to leave the opportunity to take not very useful general skills

I wouldn't call any of them useless:), any specifics?

• Like! 1
  • The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured