Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

7 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

I wouldn't call any of them useless:), any specifics?

Я назвал их малополезными, а не бесполезными ;)

А если конкретнее - Алхимию не использовал никогда и врятли буду. Снижение откатов зелий и трофеи не стоили слота. Divine Devotion - даже не смешно, 1 сомнительный скилл раз в 10 минут. Верховая езда - раньше не использовал, не нравилась низкая отзывчивость персонажа, замедленные анимации и ограничения, в Аддендуме, возможно, пересмотрю свое отношение. Торг, как и Кузнец - ранее их было достаточно иметь на 1 персонаже, и он обеспечивал всех. Сейчас эти 2 навыка имеют шанс на массовость. Enhanced Perception - лично я брал этот навык, несмотря на споры о его полезности, и все еще буду брать, как плацебо) Вот и выходит, ранее из полезных общих был 1-2, сейчас 3-4 из 6.

I called them of little use, not useless;)

And to be more specific - I have never used Alchemy and I will hardly. Potion cooldown reduction and trophies weren't worth the slot. Divine Devotion - not even funny, 1 dubious skill every 10 minutes. Horse riding - I did not use it before, did not like the low responsiveness of the character, slowed down animations and restrictions, in Addendum, I will probably reconsider my attitude. Bargaining, like the Blacksmith - previously it was enough to have them on 1 character, and he provided everyone. Now these 2 skills have a chance to be massive. Enhanced Perception - I personally took this skill, despite the controversy about its usefulness, and will still take it. like a placebo) So it comes out, earlier from the useful common was 1-2, now 3-4 out of 6.

• Like! 1
30 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Well, we,ll see how the situation develops in higher difficulties, then make some poll, or something, so as to gather extra trustworthy statistics.  

it would be enough to slow down the early points abit. That the player dont can max a skill in the first few levels. On the other hand in the long run that is very relative and trivial. :D

Playing coop with my friend, and it is fun and so far no coop bugs,

• Thanks! 1
16 minutes ago, Ellie said:

That the player dont can max a skill in the first few levels.

Well, technically, a player cannot have a 'hardpoint' skill level above the current character level.

19 minutes ago, Ellie said:

so far no coop bugs

Rather surprising, I didn't expect some of my coding solutions to withstand Multiplayer specifics. 

2 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

I'd say the observation is not quite correct - lightsabers are to be switched off, unless a wielder is in 'combat alert' state, is attacking, or 'checking the condition'(some idle states). If that's the case, then there's no glitch, but a feature.

[EDIT] I get it - I never mentioned that one in the mod description.

In fact you did mention it in the change log, it's now in there in twice (original entry is just a few lines up from the new one). 

I was also surprised when I first saw it.  But of course it makes perfect sense.  It's actually very impressive that this feature was possible to implement.

@dimitrius154  Would you please consider adding the alignment fix for the Runemaster and Merchant portraits?

For both Combomaster.xml and TraderDialog.xml, line 32 should read:

<rect x="8" y="8" width="84" height="84"/>

As well as ensuring compatibility with the Portrait Overhaul mod, this change is technically a fix for the vanilla game.  The misalignment is simply not as obvious because 3 of the 4 edges of vanilla portraits are typically transparent, so the overhanging edges are invisible.

If you will make this change, users can simply delete my xml files if they use Addendum.

8 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:
12 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Well, technically, a player cannot have a 'hardpoint' skill level above the current character level.

I ment the CA,s not the Skills :) skill progression is fine. The Early CA rush is a bit to fast.

24 minutes ago, Ellie said:

I ment the CA,s not the Skills :) skill progression is fine. The Early CA rush is a bit to fast.

В ванили прогрессия модификаторов такая:

3 , 5 , 9 , 14 , 22 , 31 , 42 , 55 , 70 , 87 , 106 , 126 , 149 , 173 , 199

В Аддендуме она ускорена в 2 раза 

2 4 7 11 16 21 28 34 44 53 63 74 87 100 - лвл
2 3 4 5  6  7  8  9  10 11 12 13 14 15 - модификации

Что сильно выделяется - это 2 модификации, получаемые за первые 2 вложенных очка. Но уже начиная с 30 очков разница не так сильно ощущается. 

Также заметил что невозможно достичь максимальной прокачки школы без ухищрений (зажатый шифт) даже на 200 уровне, максимум вложить можно 200+200 очков, а 30 модификаций требуют 408

In vanilla, the modifier progression is:

3, 5, 9, 14, 22, 31, 42, 55, 70, 87, 106, 126, 149, 173, 199

In Addendum, it is accelerated 2 times

2 4 7 11 16 21 28 34 44 53 63 74 87 100 - level
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 - modifications

What stands out a lot is the 2 mods earned for the first 2 points invested. But already starting from 30 points the difference is not so much felt.

I also noticed that it is impossible to achieve the maximum leveling of the school without tweaks (clamped shift) even at level 200, the maximum can be invested 200 + 200 points, and 30 modifications require 408

spacer.png

Edited by BRSamael

Sorry for double Post:

If I want to trade Runes I get white runes I cant learn.

Class: Dragon Mage

testet rune outcome: Eternal Flame and Scorching Dive. Not testet if this happens with other runes I want to get to.

43 minutes ago, Ellie said:

If I want to trade Runes I get white runes I cant learn

Hmm, rune exchange seems to work for me. Would you, please, upload you character file?

1 hour ago, Ellie said:

The Bow "Enuis Swift Sting" is Invisible (has no model)

Another typo, 'swift_enui' instead of 's_enui'. 

5 hours ago, BRSamael said:

I also noticed that it is impossible to achieve the maximum leveling of the school without tweaks (clamped shift) even at level 200, the maximum can be invested 200 + 200 points, and 30 modifications require 408

Is that confirmed for the latest version of the Addendum?

8 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Is that confirmed for the latest version of the Addendum?

Версия от 10.09, затрудняюсь сказать последняя ли это. Уровень получен с помощью Character editor, но не думаю что это повлияло на формулы. Впрочем, перепроверка желательна.

Version from 10.09, I find it difficult to say whether this is the last one. The level was obtained using the Character editor, but I don't think that it influenced the formulas. However, rechecking is desirable.

spacer.png

Some notes after comparing our global_texts:

• Shadow Veil tooltip mentions a chance to avoid being detected (the "et_invisible" property).  I thought we had discussed the property as being a Stealth Radius?
  • Bargaining mastery tooltip no longer mentions granting better quest rewards. Was this mechanic never functioning?
  • I recommend changing the title of the book "2h Swords" book to "2h Weapons" instead, because this book in fact covers multiple weapon types like Pole Arms and Spears.
  • There is a quest that repeatedly mentions "Wood Blanks" instead of "Wood Planks."
  • The book about Tyr Lysia calls the town of Clearview, "Farview" instead.
  • The Du'Rach win the prize for most inconsistent naming in the vanilla game.  Following your example, I've scrubbed out all names except "Du'Rach" (and "Desert Folk" in a handful of cases where it seems like the speaker would use a colloquial term).  Your texts still have some instances of "Desert People" and "Sandpeople" - this always makes me think of Tusken Raiders.
  • Thanks! 1
2 hours ago, Flix said:

Shadow Veil tooltip mentions a chance to avoid being detected (the "et_invisible" property).  I thought we had discussed the property as being a Stealth Radius?

This mechanics was until today one of the "white spots" for me.  But now I know exactly how it works, therefore I think I'll remove it from the description altogether, due to being misleading.

The formula is not chance-based. It's if ('et_invisible value' - ('enemy enhanced perception level' + 1000) * 'enemy level' * 2 / 1000) >= 0 then undetected, else detected. It reminds me of how armor value is accounted for in Morrowind.

[EDIT] In fact, it's kind of stupid. Should be ('et_invisible value' - ('enemy enhanced perception level' + 1000)/1000 - 'enemy level' *2 ) >= 0 then undetected, else detected. Or something. Not many hostiles have the 'Enhanced Perception' skill.

[EDIT2] Ahh, it's actually ('et_invisible value' - ('enemy enhanced perception level' + 1000)/1000 * 'enemy level' * 2. So, it works:)

2 hours ago, Flix said:

Bargaining mastery tooltip no longer mentions granting better quest rewards. Was this mechanic never functioning?

No, bargaining never had any effect on quest rewards. In fact, there's an appeal, but it's of no use, due to the reward distribution mechanism.

2 hours ago, Flix said:

There is a quest that repeatedly mentions "Wood Blanks" instead of "Wood Planks."

Judging by the the quest text, the giver actually means "blanks" - preprocessed  items serving as a base for wood- or ironworks.

2 hours ago, Flix said:

The book about Tyr Lysia calls the town of Clearview, "Farview" instead.

Fixed.

2 hours ago, Flix said:

The Du'Rach win the prize for most inconsistent naming in the vanilla game.  Following your example, I've scrubbed out all names except "Du'Rach" (and "Desert Folk" in a handful of cases where it seems like the speaker would use a colloquial term).  Your texts still have some instances of "Desert People" and "Sandpeople" - this always makes me think of Tusken Raiders.

Fixed. I think the name is "Du'rach" not "Du'rach" given how apostpophes are used to emulate sounds not having their own letters in English.  The Tusken analogy seems implied: aggressive territorial desert raiders, obviously used to be Elves.  

Edited by dimitrius154
17 hours ago, BRSamael said:

Version from 10.09, I find it difficult to say whether this is the last one. The level was obtained using the Character editor, but I don't think that it influenced the formulas. However, rechecking is desirable.

The appropriate values in balance.txt have been adjusted. Other items of note have been corrected. Mod archive - updated.

• Thanks! 1
37 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

The appropriate values in balance.txt have been adjusted. Other items of note have been corrected. Mod archive - updated.

200+200 все ОК (30), 75+75 все ОК (18), спасибо) мелкая придирка - первое очко модификации получается за 2 очка, второе - за 1, после опять 2 ;)

Есть более неприятная проблема, при выборе модификаций 4-5-6 нет определенности. К примеру, если выбирать все время верхние модификации, то 4-й можно выбрать любую - бронза, серебро, золото. Если взять бронза-верх, серебро-низ, золото-верх, то 4й можно взять только золотую, 5й серебро, 6й бронзу и т.д. На скрине несколько вариантов доступности.

200 + 200 everything is OK (30), 75 + 75 everything is OK (18), thanks) minor nitpicking - the first point of modification is obtained for 2 points, the second - for 1, then again 2;)

There is a more annoying problem, there is no certainty when choosing modifications 4-5-6. For example, if you choose all the time the upper modifications, then the 4th one can choose any - bronze, silver, gold. If you take bronze-top, silver-bottom, gold-top, then you can take the 4th only gold, 5th silver, 6th bronze, etc. There are several accessibility options on the screen.

spacer.png

42 minutes ago, BRSamael said:

There is a more annoying problem, there is no certainty when choosing modifications 4-5-6. For example, if you choose all the time the upper modifications, then the 4th one can choose any - bronze, silver, gold. If you take bronze-top, silver-bottom, gold-top, then you can take the 4th only gold, 5th silver, 6th bronze, etc. There are several accessibility options on the screen.

That's the only way I've managed to keep higher-tier modifications available at certain progress level. There's no way to actually define "upper" and "lower" modfications.

I can upload the file later this day.

The problem only is with the Dragon mage so far. Dryad the exchange works well. I test is in single player and other rundes later before I upload, so you have more specific data.

Are in Freeplay no sidequests? Cant remember if or if not they were active on the Freeplay.
We have none. Single and Multiplayer.

14 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Are in Freeplay no sidequests? Cant remember if or if not they were active on the Freeplay.

Quests are disabled for non-Campaign Multiplayer modes due to quest progress not being saved. Quite a few quests now have attribute/skill point rewards, so certain precautions have to be taken, so as to avoid obvious exploitation.

20 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Quests are disabled for non-Campaign Multiplayer modes due to quest progress not being saved. Quite a few quests now have attribute/skill point rewards, so certain precautions have to be taken, so as to avoid obvious exploitation.

ИМХО, это лишняя мера, поскольку Сакред 2 перестал быть многопользовательским, и играют в него или соло или с друзьями по локалке, то создание "нечестных" персонажей не является проблемой, и остается только на совести и интересе конкретного игрока. Все еще остается такой способ как Character editor, как минимум. Более того, кто прямо сейчас запрещает зайти в соло кампанию сетевым персонажем и выполнять квесты там? В таком случае прогрессия тоже не сохраняется и квесты можно выполнять повторно. Так что я предлагаю все таки пересмотреть решение с ограничениями во Фриплее, они никому не нанесут вреда, а часть реиграбельности теряется. Также мне интересно мнение других пользователей, нужны ли такие жесткие ограничения. 

IMHO, this is an unnecessary measure, since Sacred 2 has ceased to be multiplayer, and they play it either solo or with friends on LAN, then the creation of "dishonest" characters is not a problem, and it remains only on the conscience and interest of a particular player. There is still such a way as the Character editor, at least. Moreover, who is right now forbidding a network character to enter a solo campaign and complete quests there? In this case, the progression is also not saved and the quests can be repeated. So I propose to reconsider the solution with restrictions in Freeplay, they will not harm anyone, and some of the replay value is lost. I am also interested in the opinion of other users, whether such strict restrictions are necessary.

I read that a player can only get these points once per Quest. Or can I claim them on every playtrough (Silber / Gold / Platin/ niob)  If I dont get them every time, why do I get them if I repeat quests in Freeplay ? (Hardcode problem ?) I guess the free play Quests were linked to the same quests folder the campaign mode is. Isnt it possible to link the freeplay to another srcipt in wich the quests dont give points ?

I have no clue of coding etc but just an idea. <3

17 minutes ago, BRSamael said:

IMHO, this is an unnecessary measure, since Sacred 2 has ceased to be multiplayer, and they play it either solo or with friends on LAN, then the creation of "dishonest" characters is not a problem, and it remains only on the conscience and interest of a particular player. There is still such a way as the Character editor, at least.

True, still that particular issue has been brought to attention before, so fixing it seems reasonable.

19 minutes ago, BRSamael said:

Moreover, who is right now forbidding a network character to enter a solo campaign and complete quests there?

Not gonna happen) Once the quest is done/failed on this particular difficulty and the progress is saved within the character file, it cannot be taken again.

9 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Or can I claim them on every playtrough (Silber / Gold / Platin/ niob)  If I dont get them every time, why do I get them if I repeat quests in Freeplay ? (Hardcode problem ?)

The entire game progress is saved within the character save file. Once the quest result is there, it is set in stone, so to speak.

16 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Not gonna happen) Once the quest is done/failed on this particular difficulty and the progress is saved within the character file, it cannot be taken again.

Взял квест у мастера рун, выполнил его, получил руны, вышел в меню. Зашел снова, взял квест, выполнил, получил руны, и потом еще раз. Что-то не сходится.

I took the quest from the rune master, completed it, got the runes, went to the menu. I went in again, took the quest, completed it, got the runes, and then again. Something doesn't add up.

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured