Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

2 hours ago, Watchmaker said:

I am playing High Elf on single player silver and for some reason I don't get skill and attribute points rewards from quests that offer such rewards. Am I missing something?

Hmm, shouldn't happen. Is it a a fresh char, or a legacy one?

2 hours ago, Insomnia said:

I collected 20 frogs out of 20, but for some reason there are 19 in the diary, I passed the quest, but I did not go to the completed quest. The placemark also hangs on the map.

The quest script system is, ahem, shoddy. Does reloading help?

P.S. After backtracking the item naming code, perhaps the "russian roulette" term should be renamed. We would never come up with such a fever-born solution. 

• Thanks! 1
2 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Hmm, shouldn't happen. Is it a a fresh char, or a legacy one?

It's all fresh installation on a system that newer saw this game and new character. Currently level 13 saw and done quite a few quest with skill/attribute rewards and newer get any. Most of the time I had some attribute points to spend but just now I tried doing some quest when I spent everything before completing the quest and result is the same. No bonuses for me ;(

Edit: I noticed that rings and amulets are often empty without any bonuses. Maybe my installation got wrecked by antivirus or something. I will try to reinstall using GME.

Edited by Watchmaker
  • Thanks! 1
4 hours ago, Watchmaker said:

Currently level 13 saw and done quite a few quest with skill/attribute rewards and newer get any

I think, I know the reason. It's the server-client mechanics done bad. Once you complete the attribute\skill point-rewarding quest, you don't see the reward immediately. You have to save\reload and then check whether you have those points.

• Like! 1
4 hours ago, Watchmaker said:

I noticed that rings and amulets are often empty without any bonuses.

It's the issue I'll have to address, your report is not the first one. There's some kind of a "dead zone" for item boni.

57 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

I think, I know the reason. It's the server-client mechanics done bad. Once you complete the attribute\skill point-rewarding quest, you don't see the reward immediately. You have to save\reload and then check whether you have those points.

I just checked and it turns out you were right ;) But what now? How to prevent it? I don't want to constantly check quest rewards when turning in. There is just plain to much quests active at the same time to micromanage that. But kudos to You for figuring it out nonetheless :)

4 minutes ago, Watchmaker said:

I just checked and it turns out you were right ;) But what now? How to prevent it? I don't want to constantly check quest rewards when turning in. There is just plain to much quests active at the same time to micromanage that. But kudos to You for figuring it out nonetheless :)

there are not so many quests for attributes, I think you can reboot for 30 seconds

• Like! 1
6 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

The quest script system is, ahem, shoddy. Does reloading help?

P.S. After backtracking the item naming code, perhaps the "russian roulette" term should be renamed. We would never come up with such a fever-born solution. 

No the reloading doesnt help.

And now a very interesting moment and this is already a bug, but I do not know where it grows from. Quest Soldiers from the past, in the desert under the horum. When he starts hitting the Sheikh's boss, " at any moment of the fight, he disappears and does not appear. Only a reboot helps. But he still disappears. The quest is at a dead end.

Hmmm little help anyone? I need to bypass or deactivate effect of taking gold mod for scorching wave. It's called Fright and makes enemies flee. Problem is it is destroying exping time on High Elf and without taking it I cant go back to take second bronze and silver mods.

I found this combat art in spells.txt there is entry for fear

entry10 = {"et_chance_fear", 600, 2, 5, 5 },

Do I only need to change 600 to 0? Or all to 0?

Edited by Watchmaker
  • Like! 1
18 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

This one is not shared, has to be for others to be able to download. Google added this feature based on whatever feedback they choose to listen sometime ago.

And now?

• Like! 1

I just wanted to ask if there is any hope that this 20 skill extra mod will be available anytime soon? Not class reworks just 20 skills. I came back to this game with this particular thing in mind and it pains me greatly it is broken right now. Such a nice feature ;( 

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

I'd like to see the actual released content of Diablo 2 Resurrected, first,can a company overcome it's 14-year old systemic flaw, being the question.

D2 is unique and old , now it does not have the best graphics or mechanics or other stuff that new games have , but  the feeling I have when I play it makes it the best game I ever played.

Maybe I get a surprise but I do not expect to much , D3 was a big expectation for me and I played only 2 hours.

Also it is possible to clear the map from monsters after walking around them to no have to exit the game?a console comand or to make them despawn after some distance?

1 minute ago, cosminkz said:

the best graphics or mechanics or other stuff

That's the tendency I've seen in many of the recent highly-anticipated games and movies. Made very professionally, no apparent flaw of form and... a complete lack of soul. 

Some(many) people just don't get it. You don't make a work of art the way you produce the toilet paper, it doesn't work. Whatever the marketing department sings.

I think, it's tied to the business model. Anything not related to automated manufacturing should not be an investor-interest-focused entity.

7 minutes ago, cosminkz said:

it is possible to clear the map from monsters after walking around them to no have to exit the game?

It is, but regular use causes extreme stability issues. An engine deficiency.

On 8/27/2021 at 1:30 PM, dimitrius154 said:

I'd like to see the actual released content of Diablo 2 Resurrected, first,can a company overcome it's 14-year old systemic flaw, being the question.

I'm planning to ignore it for D2F, I don't like the thought of incorporating brand new released content into the mod.  Especially with a litigious company like Blizzard.

May I ask for the current list of spell tokens that may scale with Aspect Lore skills, as well as item modifiers that apply to spell damage-based combat arts?  I'm working on the final release of D2F and am anticipating rebalancing in order to account for the new scaling that will come from the Addendum binaries.

One other quick question: I noticed that the CM Patch removed most if not all of the sound fx from global.res, such as the following:

0034725588    *cry*
0034725589    *cry*
0034725590    *cry*
0034725591    *cry*
0034725592    *cry*
0034920448    <Battle cry>

Is there any chance these types of non-verbal hashes might have actually been necessary for the sounds to trigger?

24 minutes ago, Flix said:

Is there any chance these types of non-verbal hashes might have actually been necessary for the sounds to trigger?

As far as I'm aware, all NPC on-event sounds have to have hashes in global.res, otherwise they don't pass a certain code condition.

27 minutes ago, Flix said:

current list of spell tokens that may scale with Aspect Lore skills, as well as item modifiers that apply to spell damage-based combat arts? 

spell tokens, that use lore skills:

et_debuff_reduce_armor
et_weapondamage_fire
et_weapondamage_ice
et_weapondamage_magic
et_weapondamage_physical
et_weapondamage_poison
et_dotdamage_fire
et_dotdamage_ice
et_dotdamage_magic
et_dotdamage_physical
et_dotdamage_poison
et_spelldam_UD_mag
et_spelldam_TC_fir
et_duration_boost
et_energy_leech_whit
et_life_buff
et_life_regen
et_baseVW
et_baseVW_timed
et_baseAW
et_baseAW_timed
et_life_leech
et_charge_shapeshift
et_addattr_willpower
et_addattr_intelligence
et_minion_armor_all
et_minion_wdam_phy
et_invisible
et_minion_boost
et_lower_armor
et_summon_armor
et_ripper
et_base_armor_phy
et_base_armor_fir
et_base_armor_ice
et_base_armor_poi
et_base_armor_mag
et_essence_spelldam_mag
et_essence_spelldam_phy
et_essence_spelldam_poi
et_life_heal_hp
et_life_heal_mend
et_soul_explosion
et_shield_regen
et_shield_block
et_shieldstrength
et_shieldstrength_timed
et_spell_intensity_rel
et_itemdam_phy
et_soul_life_regen
et_plague_poison
et_plague_const_fire

All offensive item modifiers, except double hit chance affects spell-based combat arts with the following rough chances:

35% for single target attacks, 15% for Area of Effect attacks, 0% for temporary and permanent buffs

• Thanks! 1
  • The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured