Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

2 hours ago, Lindor said:

german localization

The reasons I haven't worked with localizations, other that English and Russian are as follows:

1. There's a Damage - Armor type text color fix, which is, unfortunately, hardcoded(and that is sloppy on the verge of madness, they should have introduced full html recognition for all text instances!) and depends on specific phrase constructs, which can not be reproduced in, say, French.

2. Chinese, Hungarian, Japanese, Turkish languages are hard nuts to crack. Especially when the reference tool's(and they ALL use Google Translate engine) results are non-invertable.

10 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

S2logic.dll. The file contains ~80% of ingame mechanics functions.

On another note, could you, please, upload your test character? The lack of input on those CTDs from other sources is leading me to believe they are related to some very specific Combat Arts.

Unfortunately, I just lost this save due to my mistake. Fortunately, I still have an lv200 test char original backup without adding any attribute points and skill points, Keep the Survival Bonus = 98.9%. There are 99x each runestones per CA available in the shared box, and I have opened all the teleportation way-points on the map, which may be helpful for testing?

https://mega.nz/file/CYw2jQQL#wgUnlmfWcCoTQhM-k-WIlZc36jufId6zsT_2IORR1mI

snap-1.jpg

snap-2.jpg

13 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

1. There's a Damage - Armor type text color fix, which is, unfortunately, hardcoded(and that is sloppy on the verge of madness, they should have introduced full html recognition for all text instances!) and depends on specific phrase constructs, which can not be reproduced in, say, French.

I'm not sure if I understand this problem. If the fix is part of Expansion/CM-patch, shouldn't it then work for all the languages it was released? And if it's not part of Expansion/CM-patch and an Addendum-exclusive thing, shouldn't you have control over the phrase constructs the fix depends on then? I can also interpret that the fix might not part of the localization and therefore would not be language-dependend, but even then above points would still hold. So only problem I can see is that it would require additional code-wise modifications for every additional language supported which would potentially be too much work (which is a totally valid point of course).

Either way, german loca would be nice but not necessary for me. If you ever think about it, I can continue with the translation if you prefer that over google translate.

1 hour ago, Lindor said:

that it would require additional code-wise modifications for every additional language supported which would potentially be too much work

The function used to build weapon damage and armor types is the same - the general issue getTypeID@cLokaMgr@@QBEPBDW4eDamageType@@@Z. It's output hash is attached to description phrases in rigid manner, the result being, that the only coherent descriptions for generic languages would be Damage(%s) and Armor(%s), where %s is the type. 

Not too good for languages with adjective declension, but the end solution might be two(or more) sacred2.exe's for languages with, or without declension support.

52 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Not too good for languages with adjective declension, but the end solution might be two(or more) sacred2.exe's for languages with, or without declension support.

Can't you simply not use adjectives and use nouns instead?

Example with german language
In german, armor is femininum and damage is masculinum, so with using adjectives there would be different descriptions: "magischer Schaden" and "magische Rüstung". By using nouns, it becomes the same: "Schaden: Magie" and "Rüstung: Magie". By using nouns there shouldn't be a problem anymore no matter the language used.

Using adjectives wouldn't work in german anyway because it would either be placed in front of the "Schaden"/"Rüstung" and not behind or, more likely, the words would become merged, a unique property of the german language: "Feuerschaden" instead of "feuriger Schaden".

----

Can you include the Megalcarwen/Maegalcarwen fix that I once got Flix to include in EE? The Mistake is also part of the currrent Addendum verion, I saw that when I started working on the global.res translation.

On 1/16/2021 at 10:58 AM, Lindor said:

Speaking of spelling mistakes, there's one thing which is tickling my inner detective Monk:

Seraphim's Mutation set is called Megalcarwen's Garments of Mutation,
yet the wood elf companion if you start as dark elf in Sacred 1 is called Maegalcarwen:
9BygxJ6.jpg

Also shouldn't it be more of a Dryad or High Elf set for the sake of consistency? And, speaking of which, why is there no Laurelinad set for the Inquisitor?:D
0OyWuym.jpg

On 1/18/2021 at 1:07 PM, Lindor said:

@jwiz, @Flix
Spotted another spelling mistake:

1245762801    Meglacarwens Vermächtnis

If not Maegalcarwen, then at least Megalcarwen pls:D

EDIT:
and another one.
Old:

0133204698	Was steht denn nun in diesem Brief... bla bla bla... hm... hm... AH! Hier:<br>"Es geht darum, möglichst viele Eier zu sammeln!”<br><br>Ach was! So weit war ich auch schon. Oh, das geht's weiter:<br>"Viele Eier bedeuten Reichtum!"<br><br>Was das nun wieder zu bedeuten hat?! Da vorne läuft gerade einer von ihnen in diese Höhle. Ich sollte ihm folgen. Vielleicht finde ich dann mehr heraus.

Correction:

0133204698	Was steht denn nun in diesem Brief... bla bla bla... hm... hm... AH! Hier:<br>"Es geht darum, möglichst viele Eier zu sammeln!”<br><br>Ach was! So weit war ich auch schon. Oh, da geht's weiter:<br>"Viele Eier bedeuten Reichtum!"<br><br>Was das nun wieder zu bedeuten hat?! Da vorne läuft gerade einer von ihnen in diese Höhle. Ich sollte ihm folgen. Vielleicht finde ich dann mehr heraus.

Edited by Lindor
On 4/1/2018 at 7:43 AM, dimitrius154 said:

10. The BONUS_LIFELEECH_REL bonus type now properly causes percentage-based leeching from the creature's current health.

Does it round up or down? E.g. Creature has 1 HP left, would it kill the creature?
Depending on that, we could bring back the Damage of Enraged Players - Sacrifice own life - Synergy for Sacred 2. I think Schot and gogo would be happy:lol:

37 minutes ago, Lindor said:

Does it round up or down? E.g. Creature has 1 HP left, would it kill the creature?

The value is rounded down. It would be next to impossible to achieve the 1-hitpoint-left scenario, though. 

Edited by dimitrius154
15 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

The value is rounded down. It would be next to impossible to achieve the 1-hitpoint-left scenario, though. 

I'm curious, would it have been possible / practical to modify life leech to be a percentage of the damage dealt (similar to Sacred 1) and not a percentage of the opponents (current) health?

• Like! 1

I'm blown away by these models.  No wonder it took so long.  The sheer amount of work that must have went into these is mind-boggling.

There's enough new creatures in here to populate an entire additional game.  I hardly know where to start with integrating D2F.  :thumbsup:

• Like! 1

I believe, I've scrounged the entirety of Sketchfab, Cadnav, etc. for templates. The Borg approach. Otherwise, it would take a decade, around 3100 models and animations to make/rework. 

There were sounds and soundtracks to process as well.

Edited by dimitrius154

Some script notes:

behaviour.txt:  state=cEnemySimpleExtendedDefence looks like this might be a typo unless you coded a new state; this state is only present twice in the file.

animation.txt:  what are all the new ["SHOUT"] entries accomplishing?

4 hours ago, Flix said:

might be a typo

Yep, this one is.

4 hours ago, Flix said:

what are all the new ["SHOUT"] entries accomplishing?

They enable the previously unused NPC combat speeches upon attacking, or casting a spell.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a report I received that I found interesting:

It seems that the "Dragonslayer" achievement (kill 5 Dragons) simply counts the number of slain creatures with the subfamily = "SUBFAM_LIFE_DRAGON" assigned.  This is very easy to do by killing small Dragons or even Lizard Men.  It might suit the achievement better if it tracked slain enemies with the classification = "CLF_DRAGON_HUGE".

• Thanks! 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@dimitrius154

Is it possible that there are some hardcoded SFX numerical ID's that are not listed in soundprofile.txt?  If so, is it then possible to add more SFX ID's?

For example, you were able to add sound profiles for "FX Shadowwarrior Provozieren", and "FX Shadowwarrior Todeskaelte", and the fact that these function even without your binaries proves that these hardcoded FX ID's were already in place.

That being the case, could there be other ID's hardcoded and made use of, either for restoration purposes or new custom FX?  There are many interesting, unused casting VFX that are unfortunately silent.

More importantly, there are numerous vanilla enemy spells that lack SFX, despite the ogg audio being present in the pak zip files!  This is because they lack entries in soundprofile.txt and soundresources.txt.  One such example is everything within soundhq.zip\fx\spells\fogmonster\ .  All spells of the Mist of Miasma are silent because of this.  I would not be surprised if a complete list of missing sounds is extensive.

On 28.02.2022 at 00:16, dimitrius154 said:

Одна из ошибок текущего релиза. Ссылка на исправление присутствует в первом посте темы(раздел "звукозапись").

I also noticed a wrong sound at the temple guard, when I wait for him to start spinning, I hear a falling sound.

I had a thought - I wonder if an inferior mutation effect is in use for enemies who come into contact with T-Energy.  Currently "FX_GEN_TRANSFORM" is used.  "FX_GEN_TMUTATE" seems far more appropriate, and is unused in the game as far as I can tell.

I attempted to test with some questscripts which use effect="FXTYPE_GEN_TRANSFORM", by swapping in FXTYPE_GEN_TMUTATE, but the game did not accept the change (no FX was used).  Still, the FX works on spells, so perhaps something more is needed code-wise.

Начал на серебре, из непонятностей - очки навыков и способностей за выполненные квесты не начисляются, неписи женского пола частенько выдают мужские реплики ,попадаются кольца и амулеты без каких-либо свойств  ( хз-баг-нет) ..

I started on silver, out of incomprehensibility - skill and ability points are not awarded for completed quests, female NPCs often give out male replicas, rings and amulets come across without any properties  ..

• Like! 1
  • The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured