Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

21 hours ago, Flix said:

One is an item with a penalty, the other is to add an invisible, unattackable hireling with a hostile faction that will periodically debuff the player.

Interesting. Since I was impressed by the Morality system in DOW 2:Chaos Rising at the time, I'm considering the idea to make some items and sets either "holy", or "unholy", using at least one available unused property, that I know of. The concept is to affect the secondary quest progression, so as to, even if you play the Light Path, but have a certain level of "unholiness", your secondary quests follow the Shadow Path. And if the "unholiness" level is extreme, you get the Shadow ending in the Main Campaign. And vice-versa. 

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Sometimes when the numbers of Bargaining skill are too high, it is impossible to play a character as it shows "(10) connection lost" error. If I take off some of the relics, for instance, everything works fine. But if I wear them up again, instead of normal trading with NPCs a character starts showing walking animation while standing still and then in a matter of seconds it shows (10) error. 

Any ideas what it could be? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2022 at 9:02 AM, Cocktor said:

Any ideas what it could be? 

A server-side error, causing the game to crash, would require the Windows App Crash Log for the s2gs.exe to pinpoint the faulty line of code.

• Thanks! 1

Can anyone explain to me how it is possible to reach level 42 and the only items I ever get above yellow come as quest rewards and it's the same crappy items again and again. I have 7 or 8 Circle of Life rings, 3 items ( 2 handed sword, 2 handed spear and 2 handed staff) that repeat 2-3 times each and the only set items I ever get are also the same - 3 Parachu axes and 2 shields from the same set and 3 times the wings from the Neocasta set. The wings are the only one of those that are remotely useful to me. Even the axes are worse than the 2 lightsablers I got more than 15 levels before.

I even experimented by manually replacing my save files folder at the end of the wedding quest to see if I get anything useful. I did it after I got piffed at the third neocasta wings I got. Nope. Only drops an item every 1 out of 5 reloads and it is the same crap items. I got a dagger with +8.6% better loot and nothing changes except now instead of Circle of Life ring it drops the amulet counterpart and the slightly higher stat Cry of Rebellion sword. When it drops set items (got only 2 in over 100 tries) it is still the stupid Parachu axe and shield of the same set. 

What is going on. This is the 4th Seraphim I make with that build over the years (due to lost save files). I am way higher level than I usually am (43 instead of 23) but I am way weaker than usual since I have no items at all. At this point I usually have at least 4-5 set items I am wearing, with another 7-8 in stash and bunch of uniques. I read that some items got pushed to higher tiers, but how is it the super rare times you get one, it is the same item you already have?

I have no awareness skill or bargaining skill picked up but the whole reason I installed this mod was to be able to use the extra number of skill slots and 6 CA upgrade slots (and the fixed upgrades that are broken in Vanilla and CM patch) in pure combat character.

If this is intended behavior can I fix it by altering balance.txt and changing  DropMaxRandomRare = 12, and the ZRareExpectationXX lines?

Thanks.

EDIT: Nope doesn't work. No matter how I alter it that way, everything that drops are some super extra rare items. Still no set items except that one time it dropped the same stupid shield I have been getting until now. The rare items also repeat. I love most of the changes this mod does over CP, but this issue makes it unplayable. I was fine with the undead legion quest not dropping the reward sword it is supposed to and having to manually remove that one enemy that 2 shots you, that was taken from the diablo mod, but I guess its time to reinstall the game again and start a new character. 

Edited by AVRadev
  • 1 month later...

Good afternoon, Dmitry! I am very grateful to you for the super-cool addition Addendum + DarkSide, but I can’t get past the boss of the Undead Legion, the game always crashes at the beginning of the battle, Sacred2.exe error in the log

Can this be fixed somehow? I went through the entire region of the elves without any problems, finished all the quests, the game (except for this boss) crashed very rarely.

9 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

A code patch error was causing the issue, I'm postponing the fix release until I get other things in place, including merging the current EE features. It might take a while.

Thanks for the answer! May I know how long (at least approximately) I will have to wait?

• Like! 1
On 10/11/2022 at 12:35 AM, Lorane said:

Good afternoon, Dmitry! I am very grateful to you for the super-cool addition Addendum + DarkSide, but I can’t get past the boss of the Undead Legion, the game always crashes at the beginning of the battle, Sacred2.exe error in the log

Can this be fixed somehow? I went through the entire region of the elves without any problems, finished all the quests, the game (except for this boss) crashed very rarely.

And a mighty welcome to the forums Lorane!

:)

gogo

• Thanks! 1

@dimitrius154 I also want to inform you that I have the same situation as @AVRadev

I'm playing a level 45 Seraphim. I find quite a lot of random Yellow items in battle and caches. But as a reward for quests I get repeating rewards, several times they were the same Green items - 4 times the Wings of Niocaste, two times the ax of Parachu, the shield of the Amazonian aegis and one more time an item for the Dracomage. Yellow awards are also the same, the Circle of Life ring, for example, and some others. There are no Green items in the battle and caches.

I would like to know if this is a bug or an ordinary random and everything is in order? :) Maybe my level is still not high enough or I lack the level of some skills?

@gogoblender Thank you!)) I love Sacred 2 and I'm glad to be here with you!

Edited by Lorane
  • Like! 1
3 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

The loot drop table must have been overtweaked. Will fix that.

Thank you very much!)) Should the loot table be fixed by January as well, or will it be separate?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2022 at 11:59 PM, dimitrius154 said:

I expect to finish the next iteration around 12.01.23.

Do I need to play with new characters when updating?
I'm wondering if it's better to start playing now or wait for the update, looking forward to this great work!

• Like! 1
17 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

The best approach would be to only use current characters with the current iteration. Sacred 2 is quite capricious.

Thank you for your explanation, I will wait for you to update before starting the game, looking forward to it!

• Thanks! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Nemesis7675 said:

You mentioned deleted anims in description. Does this mod restore horse mount in\out animations?

Yes, the mount/dismount animations have been restored. And the process had been a pain in the backside.

17 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Yes, the mount/dismount animations have been restored. And the process had been a pain in the backside.

Oh, that`s great. I want to try it allready. 

What about horse armor that was present in early patches - is there a way to restore it somehow?

2 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Hm, for some reason my Patch Optional Addendum.zip is corrupted - it won`t open.

I`ve re-downloaded it seweral times - all the same, I can`t unpack it.

Any advice?

8 hours ago, Nemesis7675 said:

What about horse armor that was present in early patches - is there a way to restore it somehow?

It's been replaced by mount wards(charms, effectively).

6 hours ago, Nemesis7675 said:

Any advice?

The archive's format is RAR, not ZIP. The native utility is WinRAR.

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured