Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

21 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

@contraIt's time for some blind search then. Do you still have sacred2.exe, s2logic.dll, s2render.dll from the previous iteration?

I also keep the full version 3.0 Addendum Extra integration (the regular version of 13 skills is not kept, probably it is the latest  before version 3.1 released, as of January 30, 2023, I see no update yet). In previous versions, neither of the above 2 issues existed.

I compared the SHA1 values of the 3 files you said, only sacred2 .exe is different. I tried to replace the previous version file to version 3.1 released, because I don't have much time today, so I only played the game for about 20 minutes, and no crash occurred, but the screen overexposure problem still exists.

snap-1.jpg

59 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Hmm,  any error entries within the  Windows Application Log? 

I checked Event Viewer but I don't see errors or any entries at all for the game under Windows Applications. Just the normal Information events.

31 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

@FlixFour files can be at fault: sacred2.exe, s2core.dll, s2logic.dll, s2render.dll. Try replacing them with the previous version, one by one. 

As soon as I replaced Sacred2.exe the application started as expected. No launch errors.

On 2/27/2023 at 10:21 PM, dimitrius154 said:

It's supposed to kill itself after spawning three groups of undead.

It took me 35 minutes for this boss to die. During this time, probably more than two dozen groups of undead were supawned. Is that normal?

1 minute ago, Sirisk said:
On 2/27/2023 at 10:21 PM, dimitrius154 said:

It's supposed to kill itself after spawning three groups of undead.

It took me 35 minutes for this boss to die.

Looks like it still regenerates somehow.

7 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Looks like it still regenerates somehow.

And he was damaged only 3 times (more than 1/3 of his HP at a time). It happened somehow spontaneously after the death of the mob.
And yes, he regenerated a little between damage. If he was taking damage equal to exactly 1/3 of his xp, he wouldn't have died in 3 times.

The first damage he took was much later than the 3 waves of mobs spawned.

1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

Hmm, D2F v14 definitley launches for me. have you tries a shortcut with  -nocpubinding -skipopenal flags?

I have a shortcut with those flags added. Didn't resolve the error though.

image.png.e1e61a2306426f9cd848254073aa2183.png

I also tried manually installing Openal32.dll.  I still got an error though the debug log is slightly different now.

Now it says "SoundSystemFactory type 'OPENAL' registered" instead of "could not find 'OpenAL32.dll'"

I'll try installing it on my old Windows 7 machine tomorrow.

Some other findings:

• Copying an old Sacred2.exe (from CM Patch) while keeping all other Addendum/D2F system files causes the game to launch ok.
  • BUT copying over the current standard Addendum exe still causes the same launch error.
  • Installing the current standard Addendum in full (no D2F) and the game launches without issue.
32 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

OK, I backed up and removed my base system folder, replaced the entire D2F system folder with that one, then enabled the mod, and... the same error occurred as before.

My usual system folder does not contain any of that securom stuff, and also has an additional file: goggame-1207665233.dll - however this was not present when I tried your system folder.

Do you think GOG version might not be supported somehow?

I have a couple of questions :)

1) Sometimes caches (yellow lights on the ground) don't drop anything.
2) Parashu Axe still drops more than other green items. My level 32 Seraphim got it 3 or 4 times, while 3 or 4 other green items only dropped once.

is this a bug or is it ok?

Edited by Lorane
2 hours ago, Lorane said:

1) Sometimes caches (yellow lights on the ground) don't drop anything.
2) Parashu Axe still drops more than other green items. My level 32 Seraphim got it 3 or 4 times, while 3 or 4 other green items only dropped once.

1) Technically possible, their droplists may yield an empty roll.

2) I'd say, it's a pesudo-randomization quirk, unless the same situation continues further ingame.

I just noticed that some items(Not all, but most) in version 3.1 Addendum have an additional attribute, such as Hitpoint Regeneration +xx/s, Light Range +xx/m... etc. This item attribute does not exist in previous versions and sacredwiki. Because of this, there are multiple Light Range +xx/m item attributes superimposed on the body, causing the game screen to be overexposed.

Edited by contra
  • The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured