Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

1 hour ago, contra said:

I just noticed that some items(Not all, but most) in version 3.1 Addendum have an additional attribute, such as Hitpoint Regeneration +xx/s, Light Range +xx/m... etc.

Yes, the classification bonus.

While I expect some additional confirmation, it would seem the Light Range bonus was bugged in vanilla as well.

17 hours ago, Lorane said:

I have a couple of questions :)

1) Sometimes caches (yellow lights on the ground) don't drop anything.
2) Parashu Axe still drops more than other green items. My level 32 Seraphim got it 3 or 4 times, while 3 or 4 other green items only dropped once.

is this a bug or is it ok?

Already somewhere by level 25 got 2 Parashu, it seemed suspicious.

22 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

That would be weird.

Maybe it's about the GME. I'd suggest trying the more basic installation approach.

Today's results: I tried it out on my old Windows 7 machine.  I used the full system folder received from you on a base installation of Sacred 2, copied the entire folder over manually, no mod enabler.  I received the same error and same debug log.

@FlixIt appears you've substituted QuestView.xml with your older version, which does not contain the necessary entries for "attrp", "skilp". Entries  1804406278 and 0431164270 also have to be present in global.res. The reason it even worked with the older sacred2.exe was that it contained erroneous pointers to those entries. 

• Thanks! 1
19 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

@FlixIt appears you've substituted QuestView.xml with your older version, The reason it even worked with the older sacred2.exe was that it contained erroneous pointers to those entries. 

This wasn't the cause, but it did send me down the right path to discovering the source of the problem.

Addendum seems to contain two new xml files, ToolTip.Attributes.Skills.xml and ToolTip.WOOB.xml

Without these present the game crashes with the error I've been seeing.  I didn't scan closely enough and assumed these files were just overriding vanilla files since my mod didn't contain them.  I think I just need to edit the font color and all will be well. I'll check for any other unique files hiding around the pak folder.

which does not contain the necessary entries for "attrp", "skilp".

Oh I added those entries to my own file, last week. I was trying to get into the game to check the positioning, since I'd guessed it would need some rearranging (I was right).  :D

OTx99lq.jpg

Entries  1804406278 and 0431164270 also have to be present in global.res.

Hm, well I've got these two entries present since v15 in preparation for this day:

1476921882    %{###,###,###,###}1 Skill Point(s)

1804406278    %{###,###,###,###}1 Attribute Point(s)

What should 0431164270 read?

28 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Wonder if anyone produces quality keyboards anymore.

Judging by the ones we have at our office, not really. :D  I've had the same favorite at home for a decade.

A couple quick questions/requests as I dive into this massive merge project:

• Removing the vertex-animated Inquisitor models is now required, correct? His vanilla self looks all messed up as is (torso floating behind his body).
  • Can you please check sacred2.exe when convenient and change the base text color from cream to plain white (0xffffffff or ffffff)? This would be the vanilla value. I believe there's something in that file that's affecting a lot of text globally beyond what the xml's can change.  It looks good in Addendum but is mismatched to D2F's interface.  This affects: tooltips for spells, attributes, items, loading screen tips, and place names on the map.  Quest log and portals all look ok.

Thanks for your continued support!

1 minute ago, Flix said:

Removing the vertex-animated Inquisitor models is now required, correct?

They are now obsolete. The vertex-animated models are clearly not well suited to the code-solution present and they take a lot of RAM. The developers have even mentioned that in one of the Inquisitor's quotes. I've taken effort to get rid of other similar issues(Seraphim skirts, Undead Legate cape, Undead Mage cape).

7 minutes ago, Flix said:

Can you please check sacred2.exe when convenient and change the base text color from cream to plain white (0xffffffff or ffffff)?

Sure. I'm currently in a process of squishing an unfortunate bug regarding collecting loot while dismounted.

My friend was having trouble killing Daloriel the Depraved. She was able to kill him, but could not kill Bergentar and Handarir, as soon as one of them reached half health, the other completely healed him. Isn't this a bug?

8 hours ago, Lorane said:

My friend was having trouble killing Daloriel the Depraved. She was able to kill him, but could not kill Bergentar and Handarir, as soon as one of them reached half health, the other completely healed him. Isn't this a bug?

I was able to kill them all. Yes, it took some time, but still several times faster than killing the Poison Vortex.

20 hours ago, Sirisk said:

Has this creature been somehow fixed? Still does a lot of damage and takes a very long time to kill.

Точечный рисунок.jpg

Is this bronze or silver difficulty?

It deals physical damage. That's why your inquisitor hurts. I also had a hard time killing them on Silver difficulty at first. But, as soon as it is pumped, give me at least four of them at the same time. And each time they are more than me by 2 level.

876067.8300000002_image.png.984e45cccc4d0a914906849310261ab0.png

--------------------------------- rus------------------------

Сложность серебро или бронза?

Он наносит чистый физический урон. Поэтому инквизитору и больно. Я поначалу тоже от них бегал на серебре, теперь справляюсь с 4мя одновременно (36 лвл). Помогают мне в этом бафы на снижение урона по мне и вызов двойника (ставлю это на комбо). Но я уже писал Дмитрию, что перс жирноват, и ему бы или хп понизить или дамаг порезать. Он в разы сильнее любой элиты нежити

1 hour ago, WallsOfJericho said:

Is this bronze or silver difficulty?

It deals physical damage. That's why your inquisitor hurts. I also had a hard time killing them on Silver difficulty at first. But, as soon as it is pumped, give me at least four of them at the same time. And each time they are more than me by 2 level.

876067.8300000002_image.png.984e45cccc4d0a914906849310261ab0.png

--------------------------------- rus------------------------

Сложность серебро или бронза?

Он наносит чистый физический урон. Поэтому инквизитору и больно. Я поначалу тоже от них бегал на серебре, теперь справляюсь с 4мя одновременно (36 лвл). Помогают мне в этом бафы на снижение урона по мне и вызов двойника (ставлю это на комбо). Но я уже писал Дмитрию, что перс жирноват, и ему бы или хп понизить или дамаг порезать. Он в разы сильнее любой элиты нежити

Silver.

@dimitrius154  You've got some duplicate spell tokens at the bottom of your spells.txt

Probably harmless since they're identical:

mgr.addTokenBonus( {"et_prone_all", 905 })  -- 905 = bb_prone_all
mgr.addTokenBonus( {"et_prone_all", 905 })  -- 905 = bb_prone_all

One of those may not be pointed to the bonus you want it to be:

mgr.addTokenBonus( {"et_chance_block_CC", 559 })  -- 559 = sb_def_chance_block_CC
mgr.addTokenBonus( {"et_chance_block_CC", 906 })  -- 906 = bb_chance_block_CC

• Thanks! 1

A few quick questions:

1. I see that the "Chance for Melee Double Hit" mastery bonus text has been removed from weapon lore skill tooltips.  Now that we know it's functioning, shouldn't it be restored? It could even be enabled permanently since it begins functioning even before mastery.
  2. The cooldown + regeneration time calculation is missing from my spell tooltips! Is this intended or did the strings change? This was useful information and the only way for the player to know actual cooldown times.
  3. In typification.txt, CLF_CHAINWEAPON has become CLF_LIGHTSABER, and CLF_RECEIPE has become CLF_DUBLADE.  But itemnames.csv still references NGCLF_CHAINWEAPON and NGCLF_RECEIPE for the item names. Is it not necessary to change anything in this file?
  4. In the list of spell tokens affected by Lore skills in Addendum that I got from you some time ago, the list includes "et_shield_block" but the actual token in spells.txt is "et_shieldblock".  I just wanted to make sure if it was a typo or if there wasn't a table in some dll that had the wrong name.
  • The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured