Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

I wish we could have found a way to develop these changes (or some of them, anyway) into an official CM Patch 1.70 release.  Alas.

Congratulations on the release of this impressive endeavor. 

42 minutes ago, Flix said:

I wish we could have found a way to develop these changes (or some of them, anyway) into an official CM Patch 1.70 release.  Alas.

Hi Flix, do you plan to include all/some of these changes into D2F and Enhanced Edition?

It would be helpful to add some installation instructions. Is it necessary to start from scratch from the Sacred 2 Gold edition and install the addendum? Will there be additional patches that will necessitate starting yet another new character? If I understand correctly the character that I created for the CM Patch 160 will not play with stability any longer after the addendum.

32 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

It would be helpful to add some installation instructions.

Yeah, forgot about those. Unfortunately, I'm unable to edit my posts after a time.

The Addendum is installed on top of the fresh CM Patch 1.60 installation. No other updates are expected in the foreseeable future, if ever(I'm out of fixes, to be honest).

About starting with fresh chars: I've included the recommendation to play safe. In fact, chars created after the CM Patch 1.60 will play fine, mostly. Since I did't remove any item modifiers, all items should be valid. The possible unpleasantness is immersion-side(the char gold stash, the fullness of the difficulty completion). 

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Thank you, Ben. 

It would be interesting to see the reception of the Addendum, especially, whether that particular item, we've had such a heated discussion about, matters in the long run. 

It would also be nice to gather some folks willing to expand the localizations present.

3 hours ago, jordan0422 said:

Hi Flix, do you plan to include all/some of these changes into D2F and Enhanced Edition?

For now you will have to consider this as an alternative to my mods. In many respects they are mutually exclusive right out of the box.

I would need to rebuild my mods using this Addendum as a base, or else just pull over the script changes, which may be few - a lot of the magic here is happening in the code.

It will take time for me to examine all the features of this mod. :)

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Yeah, forgot about those. Unfortunately, I'm unable to edit my posts after a time.

I think this is a setting I can change from admin settings...Ill get on that 

Thanks for your huge work update

:)

gogo

Can I just unzip the Addendum to Sacred base folder and unzip the Trimmed Elite Textures to pak folder?

I have done just that, and I think the Addendum has been installed, but whenever I open the combat art screen using "E" button, and then try to mod a combat art, it crashes.

What's weird is that when I press "E," no combat art icon is visible in the screen. Could you look into this matter? Or is there something that I'm doing wrong?

• Thanks! 1
5 hours ago, mewkang said:

Can I just unzip the Addendum to Sacred base folder and unzip the Trimmed Elite Textures to pak folder?

I have done just that, and I think the Addendum has been installed, but whenever I open the combat art screen using "E" button, and then try to mod a combat art, it crashes.

What's weird is that when I press "E," no combat art icon is visible in the screen. Could you look into this matter? Or is there something that I'm doing wrong?

That is a symptom of an incorrect syntax somewhere within "spells.txt"(a missing comma, or inverted comma). Issue has been remedied. Main archive has been updated. The hotfix is available at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iHyv8ty1YCJAtoMDMJ12IdGzORAseHgs

Thank you for the hotfix. I'll give the Addendum a try again.

Edit: I've just given the Addendum a try and it seems to be working really well now. Thank you for the quick response, dimitrius154!

Edit 2: Is Agility the same as Dexterity in the Addendum? I think it is, but I'm not completely sure, so...

Edited by mewkang
16 minutes ago, mewkang said:

I mean, that message is displayed for every portal, so I thought it was kind of weird even though I have no problem using portals or resurrection obelisks

This message normally displays, when a "doctored" character is playing on a difficulty, not reached by legit means(finishing the previous one's main quest).

But I'm playing Single Player on Silver difficulty after having created a new character, so I'm not so sure what's going on. 

Edit: I just checked the portals with one of my pre-Addendum characters (also in Silver), and they are displayed ok somehow. I wonder what the problem with my Addendum character is...

Edit 2: I think I may know how the problem was caused. My Inquisitor was one of the characters that got kicked out of the game when the game crashed due to missing combat arts.

After restarting the game, I assumed that this Inquisitor would be ok to play with, but it seems I may have been wrong. Still, I suppose it's no big deal.

Edited by mewkang
adding new content
20 hours ago, Flix said:

Ditto.

Some of the changes listed in the changelog have been agreed to be CM Patch material and some haven't. But if I may do a direct question, much of it is your own personal view of the game isn't it Dmitriy? Nothing wrong with that, everyone mods games to their own liking anyway. My question being then if this Addendum is in fact your mod?

3 hours ago, Androdion said:

But if I may do a direct question, much of it is your own personal view of the game isn't it Dmitriy? Nothing wrong with that, everyone mods games to their own liking anyway. My question being then if this Addendum is in fact your mod?

Much of it is personal preference, text and description-wise.  Still, there's no extravagance present. GUI, code and script changes fall in line with the CM Patch general direction, IMHO. My mod proper resides in the "Extra" folder of the archive. 

On 4/1/2018 at 0:43 AM, dimitrius154 said:

1. Incorrect "Tactics Lore" skill dependency for several combat arts has ben corrected. "Dust Devil", "Killing Spree", "T-Energy Shroud", "Deathly Spears" now depend on "Spellcraft Lore".
2. "Spectral Hand" now depends on "Tactics Lore", due to it being a weapon-based CA.

1. Incorrect?  I think for the sake of consistency they wanted all combat arts in a given aspect to have the same Aspect skills.  Chopping up the aspects like that kind of undermines the whole idea of aspects in the first place.  How do modification points work now?  This also seems kind of a nerf since before these spells could pull damage % from their Aspect Lore as well as Ancient Magic.  Now they only have one skill for that.

2. Why not Archangel's Wrath or Magic Coup?

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Incorrect?  I think for the sake of consistency they wanted all combat arts in a given aspect to have the same Aspect skills. 

It's clearly stated in the Tactics Lore description, that it governs all non-spell based combat arts. Adding it as an aspect lore skill for spell-based CAs was a... strange idea. Same for the reverse. Spell-based CA controlling Aspect Lore skills should not be able to control the weapon-based CAs of Aspects. 

1 hour ago, Flix said:

How do modification points work now? 

Same as before, I believe.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

This also seems kind of a nerf since before these spells could pull damage % from their Aspect Lore as well as Ancient Magic.

Damage boost calculations for an Aspect Lore skill and the Spellcraft Lore are separate additives in the equation. Spellcraft Lore is counted twice now for the aforementioned CAs - as an Aspect Lore skill and as a general spell-attack CA improvement skill. There's no nerf here.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Why not Archangel's Wrath or Magic Coup?

I've missed those. dang. Should update the hotfix, as well as the main archive. I'm still unable to edit the head post of the thread, unfortunately. 

Edited by dimitrius154
10 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Modification points add up by boosting "Spellcraft Lore"(former "Ancient Magic"), instead of "Tactics Lore" as in the previous.

So those CA's are partly divorced from their companion CA's in their aspect.

12 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Damage boost calculations for an Aspect Lore skill and the Spellcraft Lore are separate additives in the equation. Spellcraft Lore is counted twice now for the aforementioned CAs - as an Aspect Lore skill and as a general spell-attack CA improvement skill. There's no nerf here.

Ah, so really it's more like a boost.  Spell casters would be able to take advantage of those CA's without having to take Tactics Lore.  And the get the benefits of two skills for the price of one.

17 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

I've missed those. dang. Should update the hotfix, as well as the main archive.

Now this is a nerf, because the player will have to take two skills where once they only needed the Aspect Lore skill.  Now they'll need Tactics Lore for damage% and a weapon lore for the Attack Speed%.  One of the perks of hybrid combat arts was that a weapon lore wasn't needed.

15 minutes ago, Flix said:

So those CA's are partly divorced from their companion CA's in their aspect.

Right, but that way all weapon-based CA and all spell based CAs conform to the same enhancing skill selection basic logic.

15 minutes ago, Flix said:

One of the perks of hybrid combat arts was that a weapon lore wasn't needed.

Are you certain of that? I mean, whether the animation is considered attack speed(needs weapon lore), or cast speed(needs aspect lore) is controlled by the causesSpellDamage flag, if I'm not mistaken.  

P.S. Updated the hotfix and the main archive.

Edited by dimitrius154
1 hour ago, Flix said:

Modification points add up by boosting "Spellcraft Lore"(former "Ancient Magic"), instead of "Tactics Lore" as in the previous.

That statement of mine is false. From what I see, modification point addition is completely independent from governing skill assignments in spells.txt. Just skill ID comparison.  [EDIT] Had that cross-checked again, and the dependency is there. Aspect Focus and Aspect Lore skill entries in spells.txt ARE checked.

Edited by dimitrius154
  • The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured