Had a strange death today

desm

I was quietly playing with my High Elf, all was good, the landscape was beautiful when came the moment to fight the Octagolamus (in Gold). The battle was going well, I was far from thinking what will have to happen. He made his orange tentacles attack (deadly for a fragile char), put my mount to the ground and, surprised, I quicly decided to teleport back to the starting island.

I arrived there safe but something was going wrong: I had very few HP left and the healing potions didn't work. Waited a little so that they restore, went back, fought some ennemies but I was doing no damage at all. I said ok, little bug here, I quit and reload. BUT, at the page where I was about to create a new server, the button was greyed. Holy Hannah!? Went back to character screen only to see that my poor little toon had a lovely red icon with skull besides her :(

She was totally alive while in fact she died during the battle with Octagolamus. Was a bit sad as she was off to a good start. Oh well, don't attach too much to your toons.

Weird indeed. Maybe your HE was being hit by DOT and when you teleported something went south? Could be your answer.

Yeah, I also don't do HC characters. I can see the appeal of playing HC online, where it's you with/versus other human players, but in single player it's not something that I can see much interest in.

You seem to be having some trouble with that particular boss Desm, maybe it's time to surrender to Bargaining and get some %LL weapons on your toon?! ;)

• Thanks! 1
8 hours ago, desm said:

I was quietly playing with my High Elf, all was good, the landscape was beautiful when came the moment to fight the Octagolamus (in Gold). The battle was going well, I was far from thinking what will have to happen. He made his orange tentacles attack (deadly for a fragile char), put my mount to the ground and, surprised, I quicly decided to teleport back to the starting island.

I arrived there safe but something was going wrong: I had very few HP left and the healing potions didn't work. Waited a little so that they restore, went back, fought some ennemies but I was doing no damage at all. I said ok, little bug here, I quit and reload. BUT, at the page where I was about to create a new server, the button was greyed. Holy Hannah!? Went back to character screen only to see that my poor little toon had a lovely red icon with skull besides her :(

She was totally alive while in fact she died during the battle with Octagolamus. Was a bit sad as she was off to a good start. Oh well, don't attach too much to your toons.

Sorry for that loss Desm.. that octonasty always was a strange and nasty one.. all those arms... much better eaten I say

:D

gogo

4 hours ago, Androdion said:

You seem to be having some trouble with that particular boss Desm, maybe it's time to surrender to Bargaining and get some %LL weapons on your toon?!

the two latest time were with two different HE. They really don't like that tentacle attack.

That idea of a cemetery of your lost chars seems appealing indeed, a little bit like in Diablo 3? It would have been very cool.

I only do HC chars (and only in self-drop too), it's that or nothing. Find it really much interesting even if it can be a great loss.

20 hours ago, desm said:

I save a backup of my character file and chest regularly and store those certain levels in a file with a text document containing the pertinent details. It's a good way to play ones character over from a certain point and viable insurance against such tragic mishaps. I am sending an exquisite flower arrangement and do share a bit of your sorrow. I hope that your bereavement is not lengthy. You must recall her bravery and her insatiable drive to save Ancaria. Perhaps her sister shall take up the challenge in her stead, kind sir.

• Thanks! 1

Her fire sister beat the Guardians in Niob just before that' s why I wanted an icy one but don't worry, it's not my firt loss, I lost many chars, mainly because being too impatient getting to Niob with not a high level enough. I must say that I took this fight a little bit lightly, thinking it would quietly pass.

Her elementalist DM brother already took the succession and already avenged her.

Have fun all.

• Like! 1