Flix's Guitar Videos

Flix

19 hours ago, Flix said:

With no real aim in mind other than just wanting to record my playing, I decided to try making and uploading some videos of me on guitar.  This is the test run, and it didn't turn out too bad for having a totally amateur setup.

I hope to improve my recording and publishing skills.  If anyone has any recommendations for the best software for editing and publishing audio/video (free or not) I'd be happy to hear them.

Sí Bheag, Sí Mhór is Irish Gaelic for "Big Fairy Mound, Little Fairy Mound," this is one of the oldest and best known Celtic tunes by the blind bard Turlough O'Carolan.

Flix, I think you can do anything! I was in Ireland for a month visiting while camping there, this land was filled with so much music.  In pubs, on streets while people were walking or just humming and calling out. You've brought me back there with your video, I just wish I had something to offer for advice... but I do know one thing...when it comes to success on youtube, lots of content gets the head through the door.

I'm lookin forward to seeing more of this side of your talent!

:)

gogo

• Thanks! 1
5 hours ago, Flix said:

Trying another Irish ballad.  Still working on trying to get that pristine audio quality - definitely a work in progress.

This is my favorite of the two.  I like the tempo, and the sense of familiarity I hear with it.

more!

gogo

• Thanks! 1

It seems that oft an artist is less than completely satisfied with their work, while all the while its admirers are yet in awe. This is such a time.

• Thanks! 1
  • 1 month later...
On 11/18/2018 at 10:27 PM, Flix said:

This song is called Lucidity.  This one is improvisation. Instead of recording one of my dozens of old compositions (I've been too hard on myself for mistakes and tone issues), I decided to just record a fresh jam today. And this song just poured out. I hope you enjoy.

Sometimes songs just seem to fall into your lap, and if you're lucky you record them while they're fresh on your mind. This tune just came flowing out this lazy Sunday afternoon as I was playing on the couch. This piece doesn't have any of the polish or precision of a rehearsed composition, it is raw and in a way more genuine. Maybe someday I will develop it into a more fleshed out song.

Great score whilst alongside me working this morning. Nothing too dramatic but  honest and telling it’s story of journey. Thanks for my accompaniment this morning. 

🤗

gogo

• Thanks! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Flix said:

Here is an early Christmas present to get you into the holiday spirit.  This has always been one of my favorite songs to play on guitar.

Nailed it

ans pretty expressive too

can tell yer feeling that as a favorite And appreciated the Christmas vibes!

😍😎

gogo

• Thanks! 1

The acoustical sensation from the guitar was amazing! I could close my eyes and imagine being inside a church sanctuary as a silent crowd sat in awe and absorbed each emotion-stirring note. That was indeed an unforgettable serving of Christmas spirit. Bravo, sir!

• Thanks! 1
  • 6 months later...

This was a great end of weekend vibe.  We just came back from a long weekend with the family, sitting here, doing laundry, cooking and just chilling... this tune is great accompaninment and got me to thinking about the week coming up.

Thanks for the weekend soundtrack. You make me wish I'd stuck to the piano lessons as a kid

:D

gogo

• Thanks! 1
  • 2 months later...

Saw your post go up yesterday and saved the music for this morning over breakfast. Love the rendition.  All that hard practice  on scales To get it so smoother?😃.. I took piano for a few years when I was young and respect the work... though I was never as good .. thanks for sharing of your art.

😊

gogo

• Thanks! 1
On 9/23/2019 at 4:38 AM, gogoblender said:

Saw your post go up yesterday and saved the music for this morning over breakfast. Love the rendition.  All that hard practice  on scales To get it so smoother?😃.. I took piano for a few years when I was young and respect the work... though I was never as good .. thanks for sharing of your art.

😊

gogo

That first section is something I've been playing for over a decade.  So it became kind of a warm up.  I finally decided the learn the rest (somewhat) of the song a few months ago.

2 hours ago, Flix said:

That first section is something I've been playing for over a decade.  So it became kind of a warm up.  I finally decided the learn the rest (somewhat) of the song a few months ago.

How did you start out.. self-taught or lessons? Just wondering if youtube has become of enuff of a "teacher" these days for young, voracious inner musicians looking for skills ... my nine year old Nephew ^^

gogo

Love the value that the net gives to folks looking to learn.  I remember my piano teacher being a little impatient and this perhaps impacted my learning.  Love reading that you're self-taught and from the net... all the potential of being shared. 

:thumbsup:

gogo