Happy Christmas DarkMatters 2018 - XOXoo Yee all!!

11 hours ago, Flix said:

I can't tell you how much I love having the Christmas Island music playing while browsing the forums.  :heart::heart::heart:

Revamped Christmas skin looks fantastic!  :christmastree:

I just noticed it Flix... Great Christmas Avatar against your "forever pumpkin" theme!

:*high fives*

:)

gogo

• Haha 1
On 12/18/2018 at 3:27 AM, chattius said:

Tree already decorated? We just started after the triple birthday to make the decorations from stray, wood, pine cones, ... ;)

With no small kids in the house any more, there is no reason to hide the tree before x-mas. So with no reason for hiding, size doesn't matter and I will chop a 4 metres tree at 24th early morning. So most of the fun will be decorating the 'entrance hall' with the tree. Entrance hall is a bit misleading since our house is an old wooden patchwork and the entrance hall was the earlier cow stall with a hay storage above. Static says a no no to build it into living rooms so we have a big hall normally used for table tennis and similiar.

Oldest with her husband will bring mistletoes,... Father in law will catch some fish, my mother and my mother in law do the cooking, ... A bit old days when my grand-grandma was still living and whole family met at x-mas.

The tree will stay till 6th of January (holy three kings) ,which is work free here. 

I imagine your christmas set up as being of the most complex and traditional in my minds' eye.  Happy Christmas and wishes to you and your family Chattius... what a seasons bounty at the table you will be setting!

gogo

16 hours ago, Androdion said:

As far as I can remember the costumes here say that we need to have the tree up and running on early December. When I was in my preteen years my mom used to grab me, my sister and a couple of small axes and we'd go to the forest to grab a real tree. 

God into the forest... just... wow!

:bounce:

:gogo:

gogo

15 hours ago, Delta! said:

Well, currently the overtime is not even seen by anyone... According to management, it is recorded, but previously HODs signed it off every month and would write reports about why certain staff members are working so many hours extra, and some barely make the quota. I have not seen a clock in list in the past year... I have done 54 hours in 4 days now. 

We are getting paid bonuses in December, but you get a bonus based on how long you have worked for the company, and even if you did the bare minimum to just keep your a$$ covered, you will get your bonus. Only if you are absent for no reason, work while intoxicated, or have any disciplinary action taken against you, do they not pay you a bonus. I am going to talk to the Senior sous chef and ask if they can't add an owing day for me for all the extra hours that adds up to a working day. Owing days you get back at a later time, I usually take mine when I have leave, that is how I got 5 weeks paid leave this year. they gave me back all the owing days. and that was just owing days from working doubles, or from not getting all your off days for the month, not extra hours that I put in every day.

Yes gogo, Sending out food that I am satisfied with does help and makes me not think about the hours, it actually makes me happy to send out a plate and see it come back a few minutes later, and it looks scraped clean...Makes it all worthwhile

You're giving me huge memories now about my years working in the cake resto...though because it was almost a first job, I also remember a lot of great nostalgia about working with my friends, and because work was so close to me ,it had very enjoyable moments.

Ahhh, but ohhhh, those long long hours...

:oooo:

gogo

14 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Happy Christmas Lujate.. where are those wine glasses my friend... I know you have the good stuff somewhere!

:lol:

gogo

:drinks:

Now that you mention it,  I did find a stash over the summer that I put up in 2016 and forgot about.

• Haha 1
On 12/16/2018 at 5:03 PM, Androdion said:

Ah, Christmas. The time of the year where I work twice as much and gain very much the same. Love it! :D

Working in retail during "retail attack week" has taken a toll on my sanity over the years, but new year new house and some added calm may make for a smoother Christmas this time. We'll see. For the rest of you folks, happy holidays.

I used to work retail years ago and found some cards that helped me ignore most of the idiots. I can't give you a card (I order them by the thousands!), but I can give you the link I order them from. Perhaps just seeing the front AND back of the cards will help a little:

goohf.com

Hope you enjoy them.

• Haha 1

Hmmm, a get out of hell card.

Funny, but is it legal? The card reads until needed or SOLD. Receiving money for indulgence is not legal in several countries. It would be totally legal if the owner of the site can proof that he was sent by the devil and the money goes to hell and not to a church. There would be no legal place on earth for a court to do a law suite against a crime that will happen in future and in hell. At least I think so ;)

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, chattius said:

Hmmm, a get out of hell card.

Funny, but is it legal? The card reads until needed or SOLD. Receiving money for indulgence is not legal in several countries. It would be totally legal if the owner of the site can proof that he was sent by the devil and the money goes to hell and not to a church. There would be no legal place on earth for a court to do a law suite against a crime that will happen in future and in hell. At least I think so ;)

I cannot speak about the legality of the card in heaven or hell, but I do know that Hasbro sent him a cease and desist which he was successfully able to ignore because the card is a parody of the Monopoly game card.

• Haha 1

Monopoly... haven't played it for years. The big advantage is that nearly everyone knows the rules and obviously the cards ;)

Currently our family board game number one is 'Azul'. My mom can play it, our 8 year olds can play it. But if we have guests it often goes: 'Azul? Never heard it.' S ohere is an article about it ;

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/09/its-time-for-some-game-theory-with-the-beautiful-a.html

18 hours ago, Spock said:

I used to work retail years ago and found some cards that helped me ignore most of the idiots. I can't give you a card (I order them by the thousands!), but I can give you the link I order them from. Perhaps just seeing the front AND back of the cards will help a little:

goohf.com

Hope you enjoy them.

Wut?! :3lmao:

That is total news to me, it made me chuckle. Though I get the impression that I'd be the single one understanding the joke if was handing out some of those to the people around me. Just today a fellow store manager mentioned that I could use his warehouse if I needed to take a break from the zombies. It really isn't fun when you see people repeating the same pattern year after year. Oh man, Grinch mode is active again... Sorry guys! :sob:

On 12/19/2018 at 8:41 PM, lujate said:

:drinks:

Now that you mention it,  I did find a stash over the summer that I put up in 2016 and forgot about.

I know how much or an oenophile you are...what was it?

:drool:

gogo

4 hours ago, gogoblender said:

I know how much or an oenophile you are...what was it?

:drool:

gogo

Australian Pinot Noir. I'm a little surprised about that. I normally stick with Pacific coast Pinot Noir.

On 12/19/2018 at 11:25 PM, Spock said:

goohf.com

Hope you enjoy them.

And a big happy Christmas to you Spock!!

gogo

On 12/18/2018 at 3:27 AM, chattius said:

Tree already decorated? We just started after the triple birthday to make the decorations from stray, wood, pine cones, ... ;)

With no small kids in the house any more, there is no reason to hide the tree before x-mas. So with no reason for hiding, size doesn't matter and I will chop a 4 metres tree at 24th early morning. So most of the fun will be decorating the 'entrance hall' with the tree. Entrance hall is a bit misleading since our house is an old wooden patchwork and the entrance hall was the earlier cow stall with a hay storage above. Static says a no no to build it into living rooms so we have a big hall normally used for table tennis and similiar.

Oldest with her husband will bring mistletoes,... Father in law will catch some fish, my mother and my mother in law do the cooking, ... A bit old days when my grand-grandma was still living and whole family met at x-mas.

The tree will stay till 6th of January (holy three kings) ,which is work free here. 

didnt want to miss you, a big happy christmas to you as well Friend Chatttius!

gogo

11 hours ago, bhj said:

Merry Christmas Everyone  :christmastree:

:viking:

I also wish this blessing to everyone here at dark Matters. I desire that the joy and happiness that fills the season finds its way into each of your lives and hearts this year and that every one of you finds a most precious of gifts: a safe and comfortable place among friends and/or family where you experience happiness, togetherness, belonging, and peace and a sufficient amount of time to do so. I must add that good food and liquid refreshment, nevertheless, should not go underrated.

Merry ChrIstmas, to us all!

:christmastree::friends3:

Wishing you the best of the season to you and your family, HOoyaah! You have wonderful property out there, it must be looking wonderful for the season... very Christmasy!

gogo

And...touch down last night... albeit with a huge cold and a cough... the airplane ride didnt make it any better.... but mom's cooking of prawns and fish curry beat back most of the nasties and w'ere ready for a week full of movies and dinners... best wishes everyone!!

IMG_1427.jpg

gogo

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, TornadoX1 said:

Sometimes I wish old times back, but one thing is fact:

Darkmatters is my home forever!:heart:

Happy Christmas to all:smile:

I’m so happy seeing you back here for the holidays tornado... as a mod from the original sacred forum it’s an honour having that staff from so long ago here. Hope you’re with friends and family this great time of year... happy Christmas 🎄!!

🎄😍🎄

gogo

Merry Christmas everyone. 

I hope you get to spend it with family and loved ones and at least not give in to corporations that tries to make money... For me, Christmas is about family and togetherness...

I will post pictures in a few days of the buffet (most will be from the dessert buffet) that we are doing for Lunch.