How’s your day going?

On 4/11/2019 at 9:49 AM, chattius said:

What was really scary in february was when the chain of my chainsaw desintegrated into a burst of splinters. It hit a fragment from a world war 2 bomb which was overgrown by the tree's bark. Luckily I was wearing full protection gear, but I was thinking mainly of bullets from machine guns, not a 20cm Splinter.  Most bombing in my area was done by low level bombers with no target photo cameras. So there are not much pictures which show where the bombs fell, mainly from high Level bombing. The place I worked was not showing any bomb crates on old pictures.

The sawmill in neighbour village installed a big metal detector to save their machines from damage. The forest there was hit a lot because of world war 2 bunkers which hosted surface air missiles.

I remember that, when I was a child, my grandma hit a soldier helmet 2 hoeing in the garden! Unfortunately she sold it. When she told him that, my grandad told us another interesting story: during a school trip, he found an unexploded bomb. When he dug to get it, he realized that it was a can. :cstars:

• zomgod! 1

Have a nice time Mare!

We’re celebrating both our birthdays at Tam’s mom’s place. Just had some nice homemade fried chicken, getting ready for dessert! 

Other than that: terribly busy with everything and nothing :cstars: need to get ready to move out soon!

Easter Sunday morning: Just realized that for the first time in 20 years all our childs, nieces and nephews are above the Easteregg-Age. Luckily the husband of our oldest has nieces still in the right age. Was and is an old tradition to lay painted eggs in forest-ant hills and have the ants  spray their acid on them. Gave the eggs a nice sprinkled look.

Posting this while my old field kitchen is busy with the lunch for 50 people. 

18 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Have a nice time Mare!

We’re celebrating both our birthdays at Tam’s mom’s place. Just had some nice homemade fried chicken, getting ready for dessert! 

Other than that: terribly busy with everything and nothing :cstars: need to get ready to move out soon!

Thanks, and I wish you the same! 

2 hours ago, chattius said:

Easter Sunday morning: Just realized that for the first time in 20 years all our childs, nieces and nephews are above the Easteregg-Age. Luckily the husband of our oldest has nieces still in the right age. Was and is an old tradition to lay painted eggs in forest-ant hills and have the ants  spray their acid on them. Gave the eggs a nice sprinkled look.

My easter is much more peaceful...  had a some grilled cuttlefish and then sunbathing and chatting on this board !!!

:drunkards:

2 hours ago, chattius said:

It sounds like a busy, yet enjoyable day. It's so much more fun when there are children around, enjoying their excitement and happy faces. Hey and if one get an upset stomach after lunch there's the added bonus of having that ant acid! :3lmao:

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Mare said:

... now I'm going on with my work in SacredWiki !

:cry:

Your Wiki labors are appreciated! I trust that you will take a break from it before it becomes too tedious.

:agreed:

3 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

It sounds like a busy, yet enjoyable day. It's so much more fun when there are children around, enjoying their excitement and happy faces. Hey and if one get an upset stomach after lunch there's the added bonus of having that ant acid! :3lmao:

Wise remark!

28 minutes ago, Mare said:

Another wise remark

^ Hey mac, are you calling me a wise guy?

(Wazzup, there use to be da poifect smiley for this here?) :big_boss:

This comment is:closed:but da thread may continue, nevertheless.

• Sad 1

9:30 am, Time for some sleeping. We did a big easterfire on hill top with our volunteer firefighters. Didn't do fire wheels just a big fire this year. Forests were too dry. So I did a fire watch during night to have the fire burned out without risk,

Relatives from town areas came to watch and for my famous field kitchen cooking ;)

• Like! 1
7 hours ago, chattius said:

9:30 am, Time for some sleeping. We did a big easterfire on hill top with our volunteer firefighters. Didn't do fire wheels just a big fire this year. Forests were too dry. So I did a fire watch during night to have the fire burned out without risk,

Relatives from town areas came to watch and for my famous field kitchen cooking ;)

So you had a great Easter Monday !!! 

Unluckily, In Romagna the weather is terrible so I'm visiting Ravenna and Ferrara (Two very beautyful cities!) I hope you'll have a better weather!

We have a terrible weather too: 25C, no clouds. So daughters lay in gras with boyfriends and relax. I look up and pray for rain ;)

Plants, trees, rivers want rain too. Even with 2 month continous raining frp, now on the ground water level would still be behind the average. 

Ravenna: Harbour town in Roman time but when we visited it we had to walk 10 kilometres to reach the beach. Beach is getting more and more away from the town because of all the sand which is moved there by the currents I think. We once had an Au Pair girl from Ravenna and promised to visit her. She showed our art loving second some very nice mosaics.

• Like! 1
4 hours ago, chattius said:

We have a terrible weather too: 25C, no clouds. So daughters lay in gras with boyfriends and relax. I look up and pray for rain ;)

Plants, trees, rivers want rain too. Even with 2 month continous raining frp, now on the ground water level would still be behind the average. 

Ravenna: Harbour town in Roman time but when we visited it we had to walk 10 kilometres to reach the beach. Beach is getting more and more away from the town because of all the sand which is moved there by the currents I think. We once had an Au Pair girl from Ravenna and promised to visit her. She showed our art loving second some very nice mosaics.

In Italy it doesn't rain for about three months: farmers are getting angry!

Ravenna has beautiful monuments, but the city is not so good. I prefer Rome and Florence!

• Like! 1
9 hours ago, Caledor said:

you had a sunny pasquetta? come on, who's gonna believe that :P
(barbecue under the rain for me, as per tradition)

eheh! Tradition says that in Easter Monday it always rain, and tradition is being respected!

:sun:

Tradition says that Easter Monday has never rain. Kids do competitions with easter eggs: throwing as far as possible without having then damaged, two Kids banging their eggs together and the one which egg remains intact wins, ...

• Appreciation 1
7 minutes ago, chattius said:

Tradition says that Easter Monday has never rain. Kids do competitions with easter eggs: throwing as far as possible without having then damaged, two Kids banging their eggs together and the one which egg remains intact wins, ...

In Italy we say exactly the opposite: Easter has always good weather, Easter Monday (we call it "Pasquetta", which means "little easter")  has a bad one. 

It's funny how countries cultures are so different to each other! Even two countries neighboring countries like Germany and Italy are very different!

We have not got tradition about eggs, the only easter tradition in Italy is about food (eheh): :chef:

Every family do a barbecue and has a Colomba as dessert. Colomba is a traditional eastern cake with the shape of a dove. It's usually covered by almonds and it contains chocolate, fruit or cream.

The most strange eastern tradition in Italy is the "cart boom" in Florence. A cart is placed just in front of the main gate of the Cathedral, then from the altar a pyrotechnical dove is cast on the cart, wich bangs!

:explode:

If the dove is safe at the end of the ritual, it means that the next year will be lucky for Florence.

• 4 weeks later...

SUMMER IS ON ITS WAY !!!

Finally, summer's arrived.

I'm currently enjoyng this free afternoon playing old games and eating a fantastic ice cream...

I had to close the window, because a loud bird choir were preventing me from hearing the game's sounds!!! 

So, at least here in Italy, I can say that summer's on its way.

:cool:   :cool:   :cool:

Last week we still had to cover vegs in the garden because of nightfrosts. The 'Icy Saints' were valid 71% for the last 50 years at least in our region.

Vor Bonifaz kein Sommer,
nach der Sophie kein Frost!

Real summer won't begin before the day of Boniface of Tarsus.

No night frosts after the day of Saint Sophia of Rome.

There are english studies that the ice saints are non sense. But the United Kingdom is in mid of a warm ocean stream. For centreal europe they more often happen than not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Saint

Today no sun, rain showers. Very good, because we live outside and get our water from a well. And there was not enough rain and snow in water to fill it.