Jump to content

How’s your day going?


Recommended Posts

I had  a wonderful visit with my Ammamma last two nights ago! She is just positively wild and witty! I had to wear space booties, over shield, mask and gown ...take a 20 minute class with others as we boned up on hygiene techniques...and finally there she was eating her dinner slowly in her pristine smiley beautify... Pearl Gertrude Arulanantham... take a bow madame!

:heart:

gogo

 

 

IMG_6495.jpg

IMG_6473.jpg

IMG_6469.jpg

IMG_6465.jpg

IMG_6462.jpg

Link to post
  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too bad. I already bought a second hand HP Z420 for 380 Euro in decembre. Kids say it has nearly enough computer power to use it for playing with LEGO robots. 3 monitors connected and this free educat

you had a sunny pasquetta? come on, who's gonna believe that (barbecue under the rain for me, as per tradition)

Bomb disarmed Wonder how many more are around.  

Posted Images

On 3/5/2021 at 5:45 AM, chattius said:

Yesterday a truck brought a little toy: a MB-Trac. Mercedes Benz build tractors from 1970 to 1990 by using an Unimog as a base. I needed something heavier than my old Unimog for forest work. The beast is still in parts and I probably need a weekend to mount all together. Ours will be painted blue (best colour to see from afar in a forest). When it came out 4 same sized wheels, all wheel driven and such was new to tractors. Now several companies covered the idea.

 

 

 

lol no Tonka toy truck for you!!

81OLqPX0QyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

 

How big is the box all the parts come in... is it dropped off by truck?

:)

 

gogo

  • Haha 1
Link to post

My day was not the most pleasant...

on Mondays I do the bread at work. Start at 03:00 in the morning mixing all the different doughs. White farm, Brown farm (gets split in half for seeded farm bread as well) walnut & sultana loaf, country loaf (half white bread flour, half rye flour) 100% rye bread, sourdough bread, Baguettes (we call the dough "French dough") it also gets divided for Mini baguettes, cocktail rolls and Medium baguettes, ciabatta's (the dough also gets used for making the pizza bases) burger buns, and for this time of year we do a special "mosbollietjie" bread. Mos is "grape must" that is left over after wine is made, and is readily available this time of year in the wine regions in South Africa and an enriched bread is made with it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosbolletjies

image.png.98e00d50e273cc33e3985ef963c34695.png

 

Usually the bakery shift is fine for me, I mostly do a 12 hours shift, because once I am done with the bakery, I have to go and do prep in Pastry kitchen for the 2 days that I am HOPEFULLY off on Tuesday & Wednesday...

 

Today it felt like all the breads and doughs where working against me... the sourdough was ice cold and took more than an hour longer before I had to start baking it... came out somewhat alright, I was not very happy though. the ciabatta looked more like a flatbread, no idea what went wrong there, the country loaf was sticky and wet, mixed it twice, adding more flour to try and dry it out a bit, the first batch of burger buns barely proofed... could've sold them as ammunition for slingshots... the only one that was actually making me feel better was the baguettes, I previously struggled with the shaping and rolling of it, and today they came out great... and got home at 16:00 today. It is 16:30 right now.

Link to post
1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

How big is the box all the parts come in... is it dropped off by truck?

:)

gogo

It was a cheap MB-trac from a farmer. For forest work: the roll cage, the hydraulic 'feet' for a better stand, emergency hatch in the roof and some other things have to be added.

Link to post

Mosbolletjies - reads like 'Must + small bullets' in dutch

Is there an english word for Soßsenlebkuchen? A gingerbread specially made to thicken sausages given to roasted wild, or marinated horse meat?

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
  • 1 month later...

We installed two like this for preventing our 20 month old grandchild to climb the staircase or fall down if up. Last week she managed to climb over it. Today our female Leonberger finished its training to keep her away. Luckily as soon as the dog pushes her with its nose Mara turns from climbing to playing with the dog.

Noone knows why her grandgrandma from father side was named Marada, but she is named after her and another grandgrandma: Marada Runhild

Runhild is germanic for she who defends (hild) her family with Wisdom (runes)

Marada was a tribe of fierce oriental fighters, but noone knows if the name relates to it.

 

While Mara is fearless she lacks yet a bit the wisdom to prevent dangerous explorations. Small accidents are good learning, but our entrance hall was a machine hall 50 years ago and falling down is 4+ metres.

Treppenschutz-Safe-n-Go-01_600x600.jpg

  • Like! 1
Link to post
On 4/16/2021 at 5:21 AM, chattius said:

We installed two like this for preventing our 20 month old grandchild to climb the staircase or fall down if up. Last week she managed to climb over it. Today our female Leonberger finished its training to keep her away. Luckily as soon as the dog pushes her with its nose Mara turns from climbing to playing with the dog.

Noone knows why her grandgrandma from father side was named Marada, but she is named after her and another grandgrandma: Marada Runhild

Runhild is germanic for she who defends (hild) her family with Wisdom (runes)

Marada was a tribe of fierce oriental fighters, but noone knows if the name relates to it.

 

While Mara is fearless she lacks yet a bit the wisdom to prevent dangerous explorations. Small accidents are good learning, but our entrance hall was a machine hall 50 years ago and falling down is 4+ metres.

Treppenschutz-Safe-n-Go-01_600x600.jpg

How well you can train your do? I remember being so frustrated with simple commands when having a dog when I was a kid.  And I never get tired of heaving and reading about your family's adventures in your huge, grand spaces

Thank you for the early morning share, I was feeling a little tired from a long week and didnt want to leave pas this second cup of coffee but you've leaked word to me of a lit world full of life outside and I'm ready to take on the day.

to the top!

:hugs:

gogo

Link to post

Many buy puppies for their kids when the puppies are still very very young. We do it the way that the puppies stay 3 month at their mother who does a lot of the social training. From puppy age 8 weeks to 12 weeks the new owner visits them and does more and more personal training. Week 12-14 the new owner takes the puppy to the new home for more and more hours.

So it is like mama dog knows that certain things are not welcome and she trains her puppies to do as she does. Saves a lot of frustration for puppies and new owners. Our Leonberger are trained water rescue dogs and are used to keep young kids away from the water. So the staircase was more or less just another no-go area added,

It is just natural for them to keep young puppies away from water. Not much extra training to make it puppies and human little kids. Once they know that an area is dangerous for little ones the training is done.

  • Like! 1
Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 12:13 PM, chattius said:

Many buy puppies for their kids when the puppies are still very very young. We do it the way that the puppies stay 3 month at their mother who does a lot of the social training. From puppy age 8 weeks to 12 weeks the new owner visits them and does more and more personal training. Week 12-14 the new owner takes the puppy to the new home for more and more hours.

So it is like mama dog knows that certain things are not welcome and she trains her puppies to do as she does. Saves a lot of frustration for puppies and new owners. Our Leonberger are trained water rescue dogs and are used to keep young kids away from the water. So the staircase was more or less just another no-go area added,

It is just natural for them to keep young puppies away from water. Not much extra training to make it puppies and human little kids. Once they know that an area is dangerous for little ones the training is done.

I would LOVE to have a puppy! but im paranoid of it barking :( since we lost the cat of age 21 its like we need that extra "being" in the house...  

:)

 

gogo

Link to post

Dogs should only do alarm barking. You are the lead wolf when outside and a normal lead wolf wouldn't allow young wolves to bark. It would alarm their prey. If the young wolf is alone at house, it shouldn't bark because it would lead predators to the wolf cave.

All this is normally trained by mama dog if the puppies are not taken away too early. Problems are dogs who are from an animal asylum. You have to trust the people there to tell you the truth about the dog.

  • Like! 1
Link to post
17 hours ago, chattius said:

Dogs should only do alarm barking. You are the lead wolf when outside and a normal lead wolf wouldn't allow young wolves to bark. It would alarm their prey. If the young wolf is alone at house, it shouldn't bark because it would lead predators to the wolf cave.

All this is normally trained by mama dog if the puppies are not taken away too early. Problems are dogs who are from an animal asylum. You have to trust the people there to tell you the truth about the dog.

sounds nicer to me than one of my cousins... lol a supposed "dog whisperer" ... he always "crate trains" his pups while they grow up... kinda breaks me heart a bit

:cry:

gogo

Link to post
5 hours ago, gogoblender said:

sounds nicer to me than one of my cousins... lol a supposed "dog whisperer" ... he always "crate trains" his pups while they grow up... kinda breaks me heart a bit

:cry:

gogo

There is a bit of difference if puppies grew up mid in countryside and the mama dog can 'train' them in nature or if they are born in a city. Many puppies are born accidently because the owners of the mother dogs seem to have missed bees and flowers at school and wonder why there are puppies when their dog was only 'playing with other dogs' in the park.

  • Like! 1
Link to post

ready for running... its gonna be 10 degrees but... hopefully a bit warmer near the cemetary (:lol: ) ...im trying a new technique called "kenyan shuffle" for "slow" jogging... its supposed to target aerobic system vs anaerobic... keep heart rate low and build a strong aerobic...

dr mafletone 's idea... MAF training ... also swaggled Schot into doing it but he can only do evenings

 

:bounce:

gogo

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...