Sacred 2 - Question Game

1. What is your favorite class and why?

2. How long have you been playing Sacred 2?

3. What is your most favorite thing about the game?

4. What class would you recommend to start with?

5. Are you a big fan of Blind Guardian?

I just wanna know more about the community. Not sure if this topic went in the right place but whatever.

23 minutes ago, Aaron8956 said:

I just wanna know more about the community. Not sure if this topic went in the right place but whatever.

DRYAD... instant travel blowpipes..nothing else like it...plus the effect of leech never got me unengaged

I think a good number of the members here were Beta with the game, and theres some devs here as well

Dryad... blowpipes are easy, satisfying ranged weapons

Until This game, they were new to me :lol:

This is great topic! And happy to have you here on the Sacred boards!

:0

gogo

On 4/5/2019 at 11:09 PM, Aaron8956 said:

Nice! Dryad was my first character and my favorite class.

I remember giving a whole slew of them the go.  Dryad was my first real long term ranged build... in the old game, Sacred, I was mostly playing melee toons... but that dryads instant travel speed just hooked me...that and oh yah, the sound of leech and that amazing organic sparkling effect

:D

gogo

1) Favorite Class? Inquisitor

- He's dark

- I love Area of Effect spells, and Clustering Maelstrom is my favorite. 

- because of the quests involving his daughter, he's the only one that feels like he gas roots in Ancaria (to me)

- the white standard "Magic" set reminds me of a piece of lace onyx that I own, which is my favorite of all my minerals

2) Length of time played? Since early October of 2008

3) Favorite thing? It never gets old for me. In most games like this that I have, I eventually run out of options. Now, sometimes, that takes a year or two, but it happens. Eventually, I run out of weapon arts/weapon/armor combos; I've exhausted everything I can think of and it goes into my "completed" category. It took years, especially with our mod team cranking out new weapons and armor and whatnot, but I got there with Sacred 2. I have so much time in Ancaria that there should be "Gilberticus was here" carved into the outhouse walls. And that's normally when I close the book on games. Sacred 2 does go uninstalled on my computer, because I can't have too many games installed without suffering lag. But it never stays uninstalled; I'm like the stubborn stray that you made the mistake of feeding too many times, now it's skylarking on your porch. You might not see it for small chunks of times, but you can rest assured that it's eventually coming back. 

4) Recommended class? High Elf shopper and Shadow Warrior blacksmith. If you get a proper shopping and smithing network going, any class can feel bad ass.

5) Blind Guardian fan? No. Not that there's anything wrong with that band, but it doesn't fit in with my life. 

- Sometimes, I like to reflect on my life, with a glass of Scotch or 19 Crimes

- reflecting on my life in general : Skynyrd

- reflecting on my teen years: Alice in Chains, Sponge, Belinda Carlisle, Tool 

- Sometimes, I have quality alone time with Mrs Gilberticus: Journey, U2, Simon and Garfunkel, Richard Marx, Pat Benatar

- Sometimes, I have a few beers with friends/fellow veterans: Motley Crue, 

- Sometimes, I need to calm down (I deal with the public ALL day long): Pink Floyd

- Sometimes, I like to pull out my guitar and rock/thrash: Motley Crue, Deftones, Pantera, Sepultura, Coal Chamber, Meshuggah

Edited by Gilberticus
  • Like! 1
On 4/5/2019 at 10:38 PM, Aaron8956 said:

1) Not entirely sure I have a favorite per se, but my High Elf and Dragon Mage are my least played characters, while my Temple Guardian, Dryad, Seraphim, and Inquisitor are my most played.

2) As of this reply post, my Steam copy has 999 hrs listed. I've played it before when I still had a physical media drive in my PC, so all told, probably about 3k+ hrs.

3) The variation of loot, even though I get annoyed that Ascaron decided to break away from ARPG tradition for some unknown reason by generating Prefixes and Suffixes on items that bear no relation to the abilities found on said item. Secondly, they provided a good story and when you want a break from the story, you can go hunt down bosses or farm for item drops all you'd like.

4) Dryad or Seraphim, they are the most satisfying to play and easy to learn & master for new ARPG players & veterans alike. For those advanced in ARPG games but new to Sacred, the Inquisitor or Temple Guardian, with the fun factor favoring the Inquistor and the complexity/micromanaging factor favoring the TG. The Shadow Warrior is middle-of-the-pack, the High Elf from my perspective is very unsatisfying in all regards, and the Dragon Mage feels half-finished and slow.

5) Yes.

Edited by thejynxed
  • 3 months later...

Mystic Stormite High Elf.... so far, I have finished the game with a High elf 4 times, first two times, I did it with an all around - little specified build, the 3rd and 4th times, with a very mystic stormite focused High Elf, and still loving her.

That I cannot say to an accurate amount. I started playing in 2008, and about a year later got myself the Ice & Blood expansion. and since then, there has probably been only a year when I had a very week Laptop that could barely manage age of empires..., but I AM BACK BABY!

lets say about 11 years, and very roughly calculated 872 hours all in all

How you can customize your character and "control" the kind of game you want to play, to a certain degree.  you can play the game so many times, yet it can almost always be a different experience.

Seraphim. I started with her. I think she has the most to teach you in the beginning stages of the game. My first character, I just chose weapons skills, not even thinking about using combat arts, then I got clued in more, and started a new character. Then I realized that you can take one or maybe two weapon skills, and try to balance the character more. Then I started again, using almost solely combat arts, then I realized that everything is not built around combat arts... So I started again. and so it continued for a few months... (I almost forgot about my studies and diploma)

Until the Game, I head never heard about them. But I think it is pretty cool that they agreed to appear in the game as a quest...

now, I know that one song of theirs, and I like that song... can't say that I am a fan. I a not big into metal/punk/don't-even-know-what-you-call-all-those-genres.

1. What is your favorite class and why?   Dragon Mage, I am still new, but so far he is kicking butt  (I only have played the Dragon Mage and Seraphim so far)

2. How long have you been playing Sacred 2?  a few days now

3. What is your most favorite thing about the game?  Huge open world, ARPG, I like Diablo, but even the "random levels" are all the same... Titan Quest is my second favorite and Torchlight 2 third, but they are the same linear path; This game you can go anywhere and do whatever and anytime more or less.

4. What class would you recommend to start with?   I have heard and read to start with the Seraphim as they are a good balance of everything, until you learn more about the game and how things are.

5. Are you a big fan of Blind Guardian?  not sure what this is yet